Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Could Michael Oher move to Guard?

Here is a guy that has started 80 games in 5 years for the Ravens and is unlikely to be re-signed for inconsistent performance. He looks like a prime candidate to move to guard as other OT's have that struggled before him. I think I'd be interested for a $2M/year or less....anybody else?

I don't know how he'd look at guard, but hell yeah I'd take him at 2M a year. If you plug him in at guard it's not like he could be any worse than McGlynn/Linkenbach. At the very least he would be one of the best backup tackles you could get. I'm not sure if 2M is what he'll get though, seems like some teams would throw at least 4 at him, which I would be opposed to.

Here is a guy that has started 80 games in 5 years for the Ravens and is unlikely to be re-signed for inconsistent performance. He looks like a prime candidate to move to guard as other OT's have that struggled before him. I think I'd be interested for a $2M/year or less....anybody else?

Only if i KNEW he was quick and agile enough to pull quite well. Then to confirm his FB IQ and hunger for the game.

The Ravens might move on, but I think there are several teams who would like to have him at tackle. The Chiefs come to mind right away. And I'm sure he'll get more than $2m/year.

The market the last 2 years for guys of his track record has been very soft.  Big name and a lot of talent.  Should be interesting.

Don't want an experiment to plug in at guard. We can not take the chance that he could transition to guard and I really wish people would stop with the "he couldn't be worse than so and so" crap. Hell yes he could too. He could be much worse. Sign a proven player to play the right position.

(See below)

|

\|/