Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buccaneers to unveil new logo and uniform...

bap1331

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/18/warren-sapp-says-buccaneers-will-unveil-new-helmets/

According to Warren Sapp. The helmet is supposed to consist of chrome which is really cool. Reminds me of baylors helmets. Wish we would do that with our helmet. Maybe make the horseshoe gold chrome,??

No thank you, and I suppose the yearly "we need to change our uniforms" topic will pop up now.

No thank you, and I suppose the yearly "we need to change our uniforms" topic will pop up now.

There is nothing wrong with having say an alt. uniform to use once or twice a year for fun and marketing purposes for kids/young people. After all we sell pink jersey's for women...I would be up for a different uniform once a year...it isn't fair SD get's those powder blues and we wear the same thing over and over. Football is fun...and entertainment...if we get to the point we take it so serious that wearing a different uniform is sacriligeous then well we are taking it too seriously. I love our unis but one different one wouldn't upset me at all.

There is nothing wrong with having say an alt. uniform to use once or twice a year for fun and marketing purposes for kids/young people. After all we sell pink jersey's for women...I would be up for a different uniform once a year...it isn't fair SD get's those powder blues and we wear the same thing over and over. Football is fun...and entertainment...if we get to the point we take it so serious that wearing a different uniform is sacriligeous then well we are taking it too seriously. I love our unis but one different one wouldn't upset me at all.

I've always said we should wear the '55 and '56 as alts more often.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I wasn't aware changing the uniform would make them more efficient.

analogy fail

Efficient as in able to sell more uniforms?  I think the analogy wasn't too bad.  Changing a uniform can be about creating a new identity for the team or it can be about marketing.  Either way, it helps sell more uniforms.

There is nothing wrong with having say an alt. uniform to use once or twice a year for fun and marketing purposes for kids/young people. After all we sell pink jersey's for women...I would be up for a different uniform once a year...it isn't fair SD get's those powder blues and we wear the same thing over and over. Football is fun...and entertainment...if we get to the point we take it so serious that wearing a different uniform is sacriligeous then well we are taking it too seriously. I love our unis but one different one wouldn't upset me at all.

I don't think too many people would object to a flashy alternative uniform for a game or two, but some people seem think we need to 'upgrade' our uniforms permanently and look like the freaking Shredder on the football field.

shredder.jpg

Efficient as in able to sell more uniforms? I think the analogy wasn't too bad. Changing a uniform can be about creating a new identity for the team or it can be about marketing. Either way, it helps sell more uniforms.

that is the only reason teams change unis. The colts have made subtle changes in the color over the years. Nothing drastic is needed

The Bucs have one of the ugliest uniforms in the league so in their case I think a change would be for the better.

Last year it was Miami and Jacksonville, now it's TB. I guess the Florida teams know they aren't going to be sniffing the playoffs for a while, so they may as well try to look cool while doing it.

I wasn't aware changing the uniform would make them more efficient.

analogy fail

from a business point of view, it makes perfect sense. people like shiny new things as simplistic as that sounds. im sure people in indy would run to the store to buy the new luck jersey

Why change it if it isn't broken?

I know right? What's this new obsession with changing NFL uniforms anyway? It won't make teams play any better. How bout throwing away some hideous retro uniforms like the Steelers bumble bee prison jumpsuits & the orange Tampa Bay cream sicle uniforms forever? 

600.jpg

Tampabaybucs-thumb-400x264-1757.jpg

The Browns have one of the least appealing uniforms along with colorway. Problem is i don't think they could switch to a colorway that isn't already in use or overused. If anything maybe purple and orange but then you would be talking about a new franchise all together

I know right? What's this new obsession with changing NFL uniforms anyway? It won't make teams play any better. How bout throwing away some hideous retro uniforms like the Steelers bumble bee prison jumpsuits & the orange Tampa Bay cream sicle uniforms forever? 

600.jpg

Tampabaybucs-thumb-400x264-1757.jpg

It's all about money. New uniforms mean that fans have to buy the newest look and that generates income. Wouldn't bother me if the Colts done something with their uni's. I know many people are against that, but I don't see the big deal honestly. As far as Tampa's uniforms are concerned, I liked the older one's like the one posted above. A lot of people hated them and always made fun of them but I still think it's better than the hideous red and pewter one's they have now. That pewter is just God awful.