Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sherman and Manning Agree. . . He throws Ducks

coltsfanmilyman

Only if Manning grows a beard to fit the goat persona.

Only if Manning grows a beard to fit the goat persona.

That would be world class funny..

...I think Sherman really likes Manning..there's a Sports Illustrated picture of them walking off the field and talking (Mostly Richard probably) in Seattle back in August..

Slightly off topic but SW1 is starting to wonder if I'm really the only Broncos fan in Madison, WI. All the local media coverage here is rooting for the Hawks & RW. 

What the hades is wrong with these local sports broadcasters man?! It's a travesty I tell ya & it's really starting to irritate me now. 

Thanks for letting me vent.  haha I went through this same crap in 2006 when most of them pulled for the Bears in Miami. No respect for 18 back then too a darn disgrace. 

That's okay, I'm used to being an island & going against the mainstream consensus anyway. 

Slightly off topic but SW1 is starting to wonder if I'm really the only Broncos fan in Madison, WI. All the local media coverage here is rooting for the Hawks & RW. 

What the hades is wrong with these local sports broadcasters man?! It's a travesty I tell ya & it's really starting to irritate me now. 

Thanks for letting me vent.  haha I went through this same crap in 2006 when most of them pulled for the Bears in Miami. No respect for 18 back then too a darn disgrace. 

That's okay, I'm used to being an island & going against the mainstream consensus anyway. 

My guess (I have nothing to back it up) is that Madison, WI is Packer territory, so the local media is staying loyal to the NFC.  The same thing back in 2006 when they favored the Bears. One of my co-workers, who is a Bears fan, wants Seattle to win because of the NFC.

Manning throws more ducks than Tebow..Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see Manning and his duck passes, been seeing that for years, still manages to get where it needs to be accurately and on time just like Sherman said.

Whenver I watch Manning's passes in slow motion I always end up thinking "Wow his spirals are horrible, but the ball still gets to where it needs to be."

Manning is weird because he seems to exhibit some really bad QB habits but you can't argue with results.

He also gets "happy feet" in the pocket a lot.  

Whenver I watch Manning's passes in slow motion I always end up thinking "Wow his spirals are horrible, but the ball still gets to where it needs to be."

Manning is weird because he seems to exhibit some really bad QB habits but you can't argue with results.

He has explained the "happy feet" many times and why he does it

He's close enough to Perfect for me. 

I havn't caught it yet I suppose.

I haven't either...

I can't recall his explanation either but I believe there are two reasons he does it; 1. It's a timing mechanism, like a baseball player who wags his bat before a pitch (ie. Gary Sheffield or Edgar Renteria), 2. With his feet always moving he is always ready to set his feet in the proper place and fire when he finds his target.

People use the term "happy feet" as a bad thing or to say Peyton is rattled and it isn't even close to accurate. Peyton has developed his "happy feet" into a great attribute that is really in no way a negative.

SW I think the reason WI is pulling for Wilson is the fact that he is a Wisconsin product.  So they are cheering for their "hometown boy"

I can't recall his explanation either but I believe there are two reasons he does it; 1. It's a timing mechanism, like a baseball player who wags his bat before a pitch (ie. Gary Sheffield or Edgar Renteria), 2. With his feet always moving he is always ready to set his feet in the proper place and fire when he finds his target.

People use the term "happy feet" as a bad thing or to say Peyton is rattled and it isn't even close to accurate. Peyton has developed his "happy feet" into a great attribute that is really in no way a negative.

I believe it allows them to always be ready to throw the ball.  Making it quicker to get rid of.  It as well could possibly help avoid injuries

I wouldn't say he's rattled because of his happy feet when his results speak for themselves.  If he's rattled then he plays really good football when he's rattled.

But generally when you evaluate a QB, one who has terrible spirals and happy feet those are generally not seen as positive things.  But Peyton makes them work.  More power to him. 

I wouldn't say he's rattled because of his happy feet when his results speak for themselves.  If he's rattled then he plays really good football when he's rattled.

But generally when you evaluate a QB, one who has terrible spirals and happy feet those are generally not seen as positive things.  But Peyton makes them work.  More power to him. 

His "happy feet" could also be a form of timing/rhythm mechanism for him purposefully done

I wouldn't say he's rattled because of his happy feet when his results speak for themselves. If he's rattled then he plays really good football when he's rattled.

But generally when you evaluate a QB, one who has terrible spirals and happy feet those are generally not seen as positive things. But Peyton makes them work. More power to him.

I just read an article where he was coached to use the "happy feet" at Tenn and is now comfortable doing it. For a lesser QB who often crumbles under pressure you can point to "happy feet" as a negative, not for Peyton, he knows what his feet are doing.

Edit: here's the article http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13954497

Kind of ironic, the article is from the Denver post but it was published in 2009.

My guess (I have nothing to back it up) is that Madison, WI is Packer territory, so the local media is staying loyal to the NFC.  The same thing back in 2006 when they favored the Bears. One of my co-workers, who is a Bears fan, wants Seattle to win because of the NFC.

Wilson went to Wisconsin. 

I just read an article where he was coached to use the "happy feet" at Tenn and is now comfortable doing it. For a lesser QB who often crumbles under pressure you can point to "happy feet" as a negative, not for Peyton, he knows what his feet are doing.

Edit: here's the article http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13954497

Kind of ironic, the article is from the Denver post but it was published in 2009.

He does have Happy Feet...just like these fellas...

353949687.gif

That is part of it teganslaw staying within the NFC, but most of it is due to the fact that he graduated from UW-Madison & played college football for the WI Badgers. 

Look, I respect RW, but my loyalty toward Manning runs a heck of a lot deeper & 18 is a better QB & he deserves a 2nd ring. Yes, 18 will have to earn it & I know he will. No doubt in my mind. 

One local News 3 sportscaster named Eric Franke said he supported the Colts in 2009 at the SB & the rest of the staff looked at him like he was the antichrist or something. I was proud of the guy actually. I always admire bravery & superior intelligence.  haha

SW I think the reason WI is pulling for Wilson is the fact that he is a Wisconsin product.  So they are cheering for their "hometown boy"

True, but WI is a state with strong Midwestern, hospitality roots & the last time I checked Indiana who also shares these same values is also in Midwest geographically speaking. Since Manning spent the vast majority of his NFL career playing in the Hoosier State, a greater number of broadcasters should be supporting 18 IMHO. 

Peyton Manning is just as much a beloved son as RW is, more if you ask me, but I am extremely biased in 18's favor.

Besides, RW lost the 2012 RoseBowl to the Oregon Ducks, why would I support a guy who lost the RoseBowl for my Alma Mater man? Only teasing! Yoda all the way baby!  :thmup:

He does have Happy Feet...just like these fellas...

353949687.gif

Stephen A. Smith on ESPN "First Take" always talks about putting on a hat on a QB & making them tap dance on the field like the late great Gregory Hines, but I don't care how 18 moves as feet just as long as he stays up right & throws nice completions to Decker, Welker, Thomas, & Tamme man. 

http://youtu.be/odOMn2jzVSU

Sherman is gonna watch one of those ducks go over his head. 

Excellent response by Peyton btw 

753.gif

I thought that was Minnie Pearl from the TV Show "Hee Haw" for a second not Lucille Ball Lollygager. No price tag hanging off the hat. SW1 should have known better. LOL! 

Minnie-Pearl-Opry-630x467.jpg

I loooooovvvvvve Lucy! :)

One of my fave episodes.....

giphy.gif

The chocolate assembly line episode...A classic! That show was among 1 of the 1st TV shows to address the issue of women in the workplace too. Lucy was a natural comedian too who perfected the art of slapstick comedy before it even had a name or became mainstream.