Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sapp says Strahan is not hall of fame worthy

amfootball

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/sapp-shreds-strahan-hall-resume-article-1.1594266

Pretty strong comments from Sapp on Strahan not having the resume to get into the hall of fame. I find this interesting as I always thought Strahan was a much better player then Sapp who was surrounded by great talent in Tampa.

I don't really agree with Sapp's comments, but I'd say Sapp was a better player than Strahan.  The Bucs defense started with him.  Yes, there was other talent, but he was the one who made it all go.  This is coming from someone who lives in Tampa and has seen hundreds of Bucs games/press conferences over the years.   Is he a loudmouth? Sure, but no worse than most of them.  Is he overrated like many think he is? definitely not.

I get what Sapp is saying. I never considered Strahan to be that great. I dont think Strahan is on Sapps level historically speaking, and I do agree with Sapp in terms of New York media exposure benefiting the light his career is in. 

Good yes. One of the best all time? No. 

Strahan should get into the HOF, but if he gets in over Kevin Greene, it would be yet another travesty.  Not sure how that guy has gone so long without being inducted. 

Totally agree with this statement. I believe Strahan should and will get in but there are people ahead of him imo. Sapp was one of the best IDL I've seen...almost Reggie White good. But that doesn't make his statements valid. I'm sure there is something under the surface with this one...but why would a HOF player say that about another HOF worthy guy?

Totally agree with this statement. I believe Strahan should and will get in but there are people ahead of him imo. Sapp was one of the best IDL I've seen...almost Reggie White good. But that doesn't make his statements valid. I'm sure there is something under the surface with this one...but why would a HOF player say that about another HOF worthy guy?

Yeah, unless there relaly is some bad blood between these two guys (which is the first I'm hearing of it), there's really no reason to say this.  Perhaps Sapp, who has never been the well articulated type, said it candidly and wished he could have phrased it differently, but they were inflammatory nonetheless.  It's not like I really took Sapp's word for much of anything anyway. 

I get what Sapp is saying. I never considered Strahan to be that great. I dont think Strahan is on Sapps level historically speaking, and I do agree with Sapp in terms of New York media exposure benefiting the light his career is in. 

Good yes. One of the best all time? No. 

Trav;

This is not the first time he's saying this.

Why is he on this track.?

What is in it for him?

Trav;

This is not the first time he's saying this.

Why is he on this track.?

What is in it for him?

From that article, it sounded like Sapp said when Strahan got the single season sack record, he said it was a sham, and Strahan called him a jack-donkey (only not donkey)....and its built from there. 

Because Sapp is a loud mouth *. A great player? Yes--- A good man? Not even close. His personal life is a joke just like him.