Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seahawks fans to outnumber Broncos fans at Super Bowl as prices drop?

bayone

Seattle Seahawks supporters are expected to outnumber Broncos fans by a clear margin at Super Bowl XLVIII, according to reports from ticket-reselling giant StubHub and two ticket-search firms.

Data from the three companies also show that prices for Sunday's game in East Rutherford, N.J., have dropped significantly over the past week.

StubHub said Monday that 18 percent of its Super Bowl ticket sales have come from the state of Washington, followed by New York with 14 percent. Colorado residents have snatched up 12 percent of tickets sold, StubHub said.

report from SeatGeek, which aggregates ticket listings from a wide array of reseller sites. The company said 18 percent of all Super Bowl ticket shoppers are originating from Washington versus 8 percent from Colorado.

HOWEVER

I may be wrong but I assume many a Giant fan are included-in those NY figures and they would like Eli's brother and should be added to Broncos Voices, at least I hope so, & in any case, Peyton / Broncos can win anywhere

I do remember SB 44 , Saint fans were so numerous at times u thought it was a Saints home game

Finally , article has Chart showing California buying more than Colorado fans , will they be for Seahawks or against  & shout loudly for Broncos as seahawks beat their San fran 49, rs  and are enemies , truly a big rivalry that sherman made bigger

Read more: Seahawks fans to outnumber Broncos fans at Super Bowl as prices drop? - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_25004712/seahawks-fans-outnumber-broncos-fans-at-super-bowl#ixzz2rh0XqXsW

IMO Giants fans pretty much disappear from the face of the earth once their team is eliminated ...

no idea, but my NY cousin , an avid Giant fan as is his friends ,  all will be taking their yearly Super bowl Vegas trip , know they aare routing for Peyton , but they wont be there to make noise

no idea, but my NY cousin , an avid Giant fan as is his friends ,  all will be taking their yearly Super bowl Vegas trip , know they aare routing for Peyton , but they wont be there to make noise

I wonder if after this season with Eli having his worst and Peyton having his best if they wonder if they are really brothers. he,he ...

I wonder if after this season with Eli having his worst and Peyton having his best if they wonder if they are really brothers. he,he ...

they are freaking Eli fans and at times still bring up the ring #s to say they got the better brother, they also wouldnt know crap about the game, only like to have a betting pool i guess

Now his son in law , a really great guy , would know much on sports  but haven't spoke with him much since cant travel anymore , esp to NY , but years back was quite knowlegable

But u r talking about Money , lets say big money , and u know sportsd when u grew up with Florida Marlins owner and your own son flies down every so often to be Marlins  bat boy, or u arrange to have your son at center ice lifting his hockey stick flanked  by 2 NY rangers as they play the national anthem before a game & he is in uniform with his name on it, I have the video of it

Never will forget 2 phone calls i made to him ,  to ex home a ritzy condo in a upper east side aprtment building, how do i define ritzy, well i was told he was at bills, that is Bill Clintons apartment for some party  , thats said something right there, another time i asked in conversation what were u going to do this weekend , any plans, answer play it by ear , may see whats playing at Kennedy center in NY and if like it just fky out

If i didnt point out i never knew he came from money when first met him ,just  thought he was a great guy, only found out day after wedding , biggest in westchester history at that time with expanded dance floor and food u wouldnt belive , well next day  finacial times had major article on his father & I was stunned what he sold his business for, put all the people on forum together and it wouldnt come to that and that was 15 years back or so

they are freaking Eli fans and at times still bring up the ring #s to say they got the better brother, they also wouldnt know crap about the game, only like to have a betting pool i guess

Now his son in law , a really great guy , would know much on sports  but haven't spoke with him much since cant travel anymore , esp to NY , but years back was quite knowlegable

But u r talking about Money , lets say big money , and u know sportsd when u grew up with Florida Marlins owner and your own son flies down every so often to be Marlins  bat boy, or u arrange to have your son at center ice lifting his hockey stick flanked  by 2 NY rangers as they play the national anthem before a game & he is in uniform with his name on it, I have the video of it

Never will forget 2 phone calls i made to him ,  to ex home a ritzy condo in a upper east side aprtment building, how do i define ritzy, well i was told he was at bills, that is Bill Clintons apartment for some party  , thats said something right there, another time i asked in conversation what were u going to do this weekend , any plans, answer play it by ear , may see whats playing at Kennedy center in NY and if like it just fky out

If i didnt point out i never knew he came from money when first met him ,just  thought he was a great guy, only found out day after wedding , biggest in westchester history at that time with expanded dance floor and food u wouldnt belive , well next day  finacial times had major article on his father & I was stunned what he sold his business for, put all the people on forum together and it wouldnt come to that and that was 15 years back or so

Please tell that guy to buy the Orioles and get us some free agents ! Lol

Please tell that guy to buy the Orioles and get us some free agents ! Lol

its amazing how hard he is to reach these days, not my cousin his father in law ( speak with weekly at least, feels my mom is his as his parents died by age 20 so we grew up together))  but he himself , always out and about , His wife I reach and can pass message , she knew me since day 1 of course & now plays celebrety hostess but have to give her credit won some women of year award for some charity event threw in Texas

Wow now that i think about it that wedding was 20 years ago as my pops still alive

The NFL doesn't want Denver Broncos season-ticket holders to know how many seats to the Super Bowl it gave the team, but the number was "extremely limited" and less than fans realize

Angry Broncos fans have been calling and writing the Broncos, as well as The Denver Post and talk radio shows, to complain about the lack of transparency.

"What this really comes down to is that they are driven by profits, and selling the tickets to their suite owners, the advertisers and travel package companies, they can make more money," said Tim Hoops, a Broncos season-ticket holder since 1967 who has not won any of the seven Super Bowl lotteries since then.

Read more: NFL is vague on fuzzy Super Bowl ticket math - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_25006344/nfl-is-vague-fuzzy-super-bowl-ticket-math#ixzz2rhZCdycQ 
c

Seattle has a very solid fan base with lots of high tech money in the area.

Never thougt about that but true, also has many major brokerages as near Vancouver that deal strictly witrh canadian stocks so many a high net worth stoick broker for cities size

Seattle Seahawks supporters are expected to outnumber Broncos fans by a clear margin at Super Bowl XLVIII, according to reports from ticket-reselling giant StubHub and two ticket-search firms.

Data from the three companies also show that prices for Sunday's game in East Rutherford, N.J., have dropped significantly over the past week.

StubHub said Monday that 18 percent of its Super Bowl ticket sales have come from the state of Washington, followed by New York with 14 percent. Colorado residents have snatched up 12 percent of tickets sold, StubHub said.

report from SeatGeek, which aggregates ticket listings from a wide array of reseller sites. The company said 18 percent of all Super Bowl ticket shoppers are originating from Washington versus 8 percent from Colorado.

HOWEVER

I may be wrong but I assume many a Giant fan are included-in those NY figures and they would like Eli's brother and should be added to Broncos Voices, at least I hope so, & in any case, Peyton / Broncos can win anywhere

I do remember SB 44 , Saint fans were so numerous at times u thought it was a Saints home game

Finally , article has Chart showing California buying more than Colorado fans , will they be for Seahawks or against  & shout loudly for Broncos as seahawks beat their San fran 49, rs  and are enemies , truly a big rivalry that sherman made bigger

Read more: Seahawks fans to outnumber Broncos fans at Super Bowl as prices drop? - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_25004712/seahawks-fans-outnumber-broncos-fans-at-super-bowl#ixzz2rh0XqXsW

No one in California that is a 49ers fan, is going to travel to the SB and pay those prices, simply to cheer against the Seahawks

Apparently, Broncos-Seahawks isn't of interest to very many people.

"So much for being the most expensive Super Bowl ever.

With ticket prices in a freefall, seats for Sunday’s MetLife Stadium matchup between the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos could end up being the least expensive for a Super Bowl since the post-9/11 game of 2002.

After hitting record highs last week, ticket prices took a nose dive over the weekend, with the cheapest prices plummeting nearly 50 percent, to a low of $1,150 from about $2,200 at 9 a.m. on Jan. 19.

While the cold weather had been a concern, that’s now been factored into prices and isn’t expected to have much of an effect going forward, unless there is a snowstorm, market watchers said.

Instead, limited travel demand by fans of the two Western teams, a glut of available tickets and sluggish interest in the New York metropolitan area are contributing to the tailspin."

http://nypost.com/2014/01/27/ticket-prices-plummet-weekend-before-super-bowl/

With ticket prices in a freefall, seats for Sunday’s MetLife Stadium matchup between the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos could end up being the least expensive for a Super Bowl since the post-9/11 game of 2002.

After hitting record highs last week, ticket prices took a nose dive over the weekend, with the cheapest prices plummeting nearly 50 percent, to a low of $1,150 from about $2,200 at 9 a.m. on Jan. 19.

While the cold weather had been a concern, that’s now been factored into prices and isn’t expected to have much of an effect going forward, unless there is a snowstorm, market watchers said.

Instead, limited travel demand by fans of the two Western teams, a glut of available tickets and sluggish interest in the New York metropolitan area are contributing to the tailspin."

It's the weather and the location, No one wants to go freeze their butt's off in NJ in February, when you could be home watching it for free in your nice warm living room. Also, the stadium is not that close to NYC, no one wants to put forth the effort to figure out the train system, and all of the logistics of travel in the area to boot.

my gut tells me the majority of neutral observers will be pulling for manning

I'm on the fence as to who the neutrals will be pulling for to win. Seattle is as dirty as they come but no one really brings that up. People still like them. If Peyton and the Broncos win they (Peyton) might start to experience Patriot Syndrome. People resent a lot of winning.

I'm on the fence as to who the neutrals will be pulling for to win. Seattle is as dirty as they come but no one really brings that up. People still like them. If Peyton and the Broncos win they (Peyton) might start to experience Patriot Syndrome. People resent a lot of winning.

A ton of pro-bowlers said they were pulling for Manning and the Broncos.

Not that is an indication. I just found that interesting.

It's the weather and the location, No one wants to go freeze their butt's off in NJ in February, when you could be home watching it for free in your nice warm living room. Also, the stadium is not that close to NYC, no one wants to put forth the effort to figure out the train system, and all of the logistics of travel in the area to boot.

It was cold in Indy and there's a whole lot more to do in NYC. The stadium is not far and a two year old could figure out how to get there. 

I'm on the fence as to who the neutrals will be pulling for to win. Seattle is as dirty as they come but no one really brings that up. People still like them. If Peyton and the Broncos win they (Peyton) might start to experience Patriot Syndrome. People resent a lot of winning.

I think they resent cheating actually. Not me mind you. I like the Pats. Running up the score is particularly pleasing to me. Oh, and being bad losers. I like that too.

I'm sure that it gives you pleasure to write all that - fortunately your logic is faulty.

Clearly either teams season ticket holders could fill the entire stadium if given the chance, and clearly Peyton is the most popular player in the league riding a unique story line. But the economy stinks, the weather is worse, the hotels are outrageously expensive and the plane rides absurdly long. I can't afford to go and I'm 50 miles away. I have no interest in visiting NY this time of year and I don't have to worry about travel or hotel.

Yes, the economy has been lousy for awhile, but all recent SBs have been in warm weather climates aside from Indy, and that featured NY/NE with vastly larger fan bases,  vastly shorter traveling distances, vastly nicer predicted weather, and a DOME.

More to the point, I've read elsewhere what I highlighted in your post - that the average sale price of tickets at various points in this process has been HIGHER than in any previous year. I've also read that ticket prices ALWAYS drop in the lead up to the game, rebounding at the last minute when I guess people have to pull the trigger or stay home. But there probably aren't a heck of a lot of out-of-towners who'd be interested in paying for several extra nights of hotel space at hundreds of dollars per just to stand in the middle of Broadway in the frigid weather we are currently experiencing. As a vacation destination it hardly compares with Bourbon Street the week before Mardi Gras.

It's the WEATHER, not lack of interest in the game.

They sell out stadiums in the Northeast for outdoor hockey games, you could look it up.  If East coast teams were playing, the place would be packed.  Dan Marino says the SB should be in Miami every year. 

They sell out stadiums in the Northeast for outdoor hockey games, you could look it up.  If East coast teams were playing, the place would be packed.  Dan Marino says the SB should be in Miami every year. 

They sold out stadiums a couple of times for LOCAL outdoor hockey games. It's not a vacation, it's an afternoon out, and you don't have to take out a HELOC for the pleasure.

And it's going to be packed regardless - you make it sound as if there will be empty seats.

But yes, I agree that the SB should be in warm weather sites every year. Marino favors Miami for obvious reasons, but a rotation of 1/2 dozen would be better. This entire escapade is ridiculous.

I think they resent cheating actually. Not me mind you. I like the Pats. Running up the score is particularly pleasing to me. Oh, and being bad losers. I like that too.

Denver cheats (Biggest fine and most draft picks ever lost), Seattle cheats (25% of their D has been popped for banned substances) and the Patriots cheat (filmed the opposing teams cheerleaders along with some grainy DC footage). 

No one has ever run the score up more than Peyton and Denver did this year. NFL players are big boys and can take it.

No one has ever run the score up more than Peyton and Denver did this year.

Patently absurd. They kept the foot on the accelerator more than the prior year because being too conservative had proven to be problematic - including arguable costing them the Ravens playoff game.

But "running up the score" suggests classlessly putting your foot on the opponents throat in an effort to humiliate them. The Broncos most certainly did not do that last year (nor has ANY Peyton led team ever done so). The Pats most certainly have- which is obviously why you are eager to justify the concept. Whether NFL players can "take it" or not, poor sportsmanship should never be applauded.

I recall a grand total of one "unnecessary: touchdown, and that was when they appeared to want to get the TD record out of the way against Houston. Whether that was because they weren't sure if Peyton would even need to take a snap the following week, or because they didn't feel like dealing with the media for another week about the topic I don't know - but Houston didn't say much more than "congratulations" as a result.

Now ask Rex Ryan or Eric Mangini about whether the Pats ever try to make things personal.

Patently absurd. They kept the foot on the accelerator more than the prior year because being too conservative had proven to be problematic - including arguable costing them the Ravens playoff game.

But "running up the score" suggests classlessly putting your foot on the opponents throat in an effort to humiliate them. The Broncos most certainly did not do that last year (nor has ANY Peyton led team ever done so). The Pats most certainly have- which is obviously why you are eager to justify the concept. Whether NFL players can "take it" or not, poor sportsmanship should never be applauded.

I recall a grand total of one "unnecessary: touchdown, and that was when they appeared to want to get the TD record out of the way against Houston. Whether that was because they weren't sure if Peyton would even need to take a snap the following week, or because they didn't feel like dealing with the media for another week about the topic I don't know - but Houston didn't say much more than "congratulations" as a result.

Now ask Rex Ryan or Eric Mangini about whether the Pats ever try to make things personal.

nonsense the Broncos ran it up plenty. I don't mind but I love how so many people flip flop when Peyton's involved.

It was cold in Indy and there's a whole lot more to do in NYC. The stadium is not far and a two year old could figure out how to get there. 

The game was also inside in Indy.

There might be a lot for a tourist to do in NYC, but as I live in NY (90 min from NYC) it's a giant waste of my time and money, and also a 2 year old would never make it from metlife to NYC, It's impossible and I call your bluff.

I remember the first time I walked into grand central station, I said, what the heck? Where are these trains? how do I get there? what is going on here. It's really not that easy.

Those people are crazy.

(you are also talking to someone who thinks temperatures of 95+ with 90%+ humidity is nice weather)

Denver cheats (Biggest fine and most draft picks ever lost), Seattle cheats (25% of their D has been popped for banned substances) and the Patriots cheat (filmed the opposing teams cheerleaders along with some grainy DC footage). 

No one has ever run the score up more than Peyton and Denver did this year. NFL players are big boys and can take it.

Oh dear, you didn't really respond did you. Write to JJ or Dynasty or GoPats. They'll teach you. You can be great like them one day if you watch and learn...

nonsense the Broncos ran it up plenty. I don't mind but I love how so many people flip flop when Peyton's involved.

You can stand on your head and repeat this all you want, but it's not "nonsense". There's more to it than reading the final scores. Did you watch the games?

IE: People harped on a late extraneous TD to Thomas early in the season - oblivious to the fact that it started as a screen pass behind the line of scrimmage. Their goal was to get a first down. Having gotten it they would have run the clock out. More often they put games away in the third, eased off, then watched the opponent close the score in garbage time. That's hardly running the score up.

No flip flopping involved what-so-ever. I loudly voice my objections when my own teams violate my principals. If I was a Pats fan I would have been at times embarrassed to the point that I'd have left messages for the front office. I've very rarely ever had reason to feel even remotely that way about the Colts or Broncos. None of this is a condemnation of Brady, he's just doing what his coach tells him to do.

It was unusually warm in Indy that year. Also, NYC is at least 40 minutes to the stadium on a good day. I bet its well over an hour at this point in the week

Flip flopping like a fish on the boat deck.

Your Broncos are the one of if not the biggest cheaters in NFL history and their current GM was smack dab in the middle of it but I'm sure he has changed.

Three TD's in the 4th up by two scores going in isn't running it up? Not for Peyton and your Broncos it isn't. I understand. I'm glad you feel good about them as you should.

It was unusually warm in Indy that year. Also, NYC is at least 40 minutes to the stadium on a good day. I bet its well over an hour at this point in the week

It's 20-25 minutes from Penn Station to MetLife and cost $7.75 round trip...10 minutes if your over the river in Jersey and $5.75 round trip. It's very easy, cheap and convenient.

I'm not a fan of public transportation.

When I'm in NYC I am. It's the best way to get around. Funny but I've nephews and nieces coming up from NYC (getting out of town) and down from VT and NH for my SB party. We use it as an annual get together and it's good for the kids to stay connected.

I'm a 20 minute drive from Gillette but you can't get out of there after a game. A few years ago I took the Amtrak that drops you right at the stadium and now I'm out of there and in bed before most are out of the parking lot. 

You can stand on your head and repeat this all you want, but it's not "nonsense". There's more to it than reading the final scores. Did you watch the games?

IE: People harped on a late extraneous TD to Thomas early in the season - oblivious to the fact that it started as a screen pass behind the line of scrimmage. Their goal was to get a first down. Having gotten it they would have run the clock out. More often they put games away in the third, eased off, then watched the opponent close the score in garbage time. That's hardly running the score up.

No flip flopping involved what-so-ever. I loudly voice my objections when my own teams violate my principals. If I was a Pats fan I would have been at times embarrassed to the point that I'd have left messages for the front office. I've very rarely ever had reason to feel even remotely that way about the Colts or Broncos. None of this is a condemnation of Brady, he's just doing what his coach tells him to do.

listen, this is only cooment   this afternnon, no idea about next few days , I start a topic , i feelk should comment, started a few today but only commenting here , had serious discusion on moms health with Dr and just need a fast  escape

If u watched my post , link below of Madden video, know u didnt comment but maybe y u watched, it answers this , it states blatantly that Broncos take a good lead but as often during the season fail  late to maintain it and this time Seahawks were able to tie and broncos couldnt hold on & thats why went into OT ^ then broncos won

amazing the game knew they have issues putting teams away and its not running up the score, to much prevent defense to me

http://forums.colts.com/topic/26162-snow-bowl-2014-video-madden-nfl-25-gives-denver-broncos-31-28-victory-over-seattle-seahawks-in-ot-snowy-win/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyway going to see Mom' at assted living , had regained some lost weight weight but back down again to onlly 77 pounds & to tired or weak to walk 15 feet to talk to me on phone when they called me , obviously she's  my priority, sorry to vent here