Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Congratulations Peyton!

Kurtis Patrick M

Manning cut to save money for luck? I'm Sorry was luck signed for over 18 million? Seems you're def the ignorant one here cause you no clue what your talking about. Manning would have to play 4-5 years before their contracts came into conflict. Any other dumb comment you wish to make?

Wow you really don't get it. Look up "cap hit" and get back to me. Wait...don't get back to me.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. So you consider cutting the NFLs best QB after 14 years and 2 super bowls ,not to mention all the MVPS as well as being the one who basically built the new stadium the right thing? Are you sure your a fan of the colts or Jim Irsays familiar? absolutely not the right thing to do was throw Manning away like trash, he just proved it was the wrong thing to do. Hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect yours, I just think Luck would have benefitted from riding the bench for a while behind manning.

Are you sure YOUR a fan of the Colts? Because most Colts fans were relatively aware of the situation when we cut Manning but you appear to be completely clueless as to why Irsay cut him. Acting As if Irsay did it spitefully. I don't think Irsay or a single poster on this forum believed Manning to be "washed up" and greatness was still expected from him hence the # of teams bidding for him.

Seattle is tough..

I'll come down to the refs...They have to call Seattle's secondary for holding

The Hawks can match up with Denver's WRs....but Peyton will go after one-on-one coverage

Seattle, much like the Saints, aren't the same on the road. Peyton is going to blow that D up.

Peyton was great and so was his defense. Heck, the whole Broncos team played great. They have a real good shot at winning the super bowl. The Patriots didn't stand a chance today.

Big props for that post.

Beating the dead horse (no pun intended) of Luck/Manning again it was, ultimately, the best thing for both teams. Manning would not win another SB with this O-line and D. At best we might make another SB only to lose.

I agree with the decision to draft Luck, but absolutely hate how Irsay handled it. You don't say you're going to keep the guy and then effectively kick arguably the G.O.A.T.  to the curb after all he's done for your team. The Colts are my team, but I loathe how that was handled.

Again, though, both teams got what the needed in the end. Our QB for 10+ seasons if our line doesn't get him killed. Denver gets the best QB of his time and perhaps all times and a legit shot at a ring every season for 1-3 more years after this one.

I kinda know how Colts fans felt with Manning playing and winning with Denver, while I watched the 49ers doing well with Boldin. Our front office goofed up with Boldin, but I'm honestly not sure what the Colts could have done with resigning Manning and drafting Luck cap wise. You understand why it happened, but watching your hero lead another team to a Super Bowl has to be rough. You're happy for Manning , but can't help wondering if he could have gotten the Colts back to the Super Bowl.

I kinda know how Colts fans felt with Manning playing and winning with Denver, while I watched the 49ers doing well with Boldin. Our front office goofed up with Boldin, but I'm honestly not sure what the Colts could have done with resigning Manning and drafting Luck cap wise. You understand why it happened, but watching your hero lead another team to a Super Bowl has to be rough. You're happy for Manning , but can't help wondering if he could have gotten the Colts back to the Super Bowl.

No way. The team the season prior to 2-14 was miserable, and I can't imagine it would have SB contending just because of Peyton.

Broncos had their players before having to work around a cap. Perfect scenario for instant success.

Colts would sadly still have holes even with Peyton.

No way. The team the season prior to 2-14 was miserable, and I can't imagine it would have SB contending just because of Peyton.

Broncos had their players before having to work around a cap. Perfect scenario for instant success.

I get the Colts end, but wasn't Denver like 8-8 and a mess with Tebow ? Manning just makes any team better. I think you guys slipped from 10-6 to 2-14 without him. Brady took virtually nothing on offense to an AFC Championship game. Those two quarterbacks can take mediocre teams very far.

I get the Colts end, but wasn't Denver like 8-8 and a mess with Tebow ? Manning just makes any team better. I think you guys slipped from 10-6 to 2-14 without him. Brady took virtually nothing on offense to an AFC Championship game. Those two quarterbacks can take mediocre teams very far.

The Broncos were a mess because of Tebow. They had play makers on both sides of the ball, and finding room was Peyton's contract wasn't too much of an issue.

We were going to have an overhaul either way IMO, but without Peyton we could afford better pieces.

Wow you really don't get it. Look up "cap hit" and get back to me. Wait...don't get back to me.

Exactly. If we took the cap hit with manning and signed luck we would have lost everyone. Luck wasn't going to be a big enough cap hit to push manning out. It was mannings cap hit that was pushing everyone else out. Rookie contracts are minutea in cap hits. It's not like Lucks cap hit was so much that they couldn't keep manning. Anything else troll?

The Broncos were a mess because of Tebow. They had play makers on both sides of the ball, and finding room was Peyton's contract wasn't too much of an issue.

We were going to have an overhaul either way IMO, but without Peyton we could afford better pieces.

I get why you had to do what you did to get more cap money, I'm just saying it had to be bittersweet watching this. If I were still a Colts fan, it would kill me seeing Manning win for Elway and the Broncos. I know all the logical reasons, but I wouldn't have to like it.

Funny I am a colts fan. If it wasn't for Manning the colts wouldn't be where they are now, You should check your colts fan status and recognize manning's contribution to the colts.

peyton manning gave colts new staduim, years of wins and a 2 sb,s playoff and a win.

I get why you had to do what you did to get more cap money, I'm just saying it had to be bittersweet watching this. If I were still a Colts fan, it would kill me seeing Manning win for Elway and the Broncos. I know all the logical reasons, but I wouldn't have to like it.

Doesn't bother me lol. He went to a team designed to win SBs now, and we became a team to try and win in the future.

Nah, I know he couldn't.

Doesn't bother me lol. He went to a team designed to win SBs now, and we became a team to try and win in the future.

I think that is what our front office said with the Boldin trade. Had that trade not occurred, I think the Ravens make the playoffs, but don't go far. Guess what , they're looking for a receiver who is tough and catches in the middle of the field, someone like Boldin !

I'm not convinced Denver was that set up for winning . They have been pretty mediocre and a mess prior to Manning . They were only somewhat respectable because the AFC West had been very weak.

It's silly to discuss because you can't change the past.

However all those draft picks the Browns offered, and cutting Freeney we would have been able to make all the same moves with extra picks.

But who cares. We get to watch Peyton in the Super Bowl. :dance:

I think that is what our front office said with the Boldin trade. Had that trade not occurred, I think the Ravens make the playoffs, but don't go far. Guess what , they're looking for a receiver who is tough and catches in the middle of the field, someone like Boldin !

I'm not convinced Denver was that set up for winning . They have been pretty mediocre and a mess prior to Manning . They were only somewhat respectable because the AFC West had been very weak.

All teams with no realizable QB are messes.

Look at the differences in the rosters between Tebows Broncos and Peyton's the first season. This last offseason they added more depth, but Broncos were built to win. Clearly.

It's silly to discuss because you can't change the past.

However all those draft picks the Browns offered, and cutting Freeney we would have been able to make all the same moves with extra picks.

But who cares. We get to watch Peyton in the Super Bowl. :dance:

That scenario was never going to happen though. Irsay was never going to give up the right to Mr. Luck.

It was either keep both, or keep Luck.

The guy was written off with neck injuries. I would never say he couldn't do something. The records he has set this season at his age is incredible.

But the Colts would not have the weapons he has now. That's why I say he couldn't take the colts there.

Okay, first things first. I have been tough on Peyton this season due to his early exits. Now, I must congratulate Peyton for taking down the Chargers & now NE in decisive fashion. You have rightly earned a 3rd trip the Big Dance & I am proud of how you dealt with injuries, familiar criticism, & winning outside in the elements to get the job done. 

Second, it feels like crap to get to the AFC Championship Game & lose. I'm been there man it sucks. I respect how far NE came this year & the obstacles they overcame injury wise & murder case wise. The Patriots are a amazing football organization & I am grateful for the challenges they present week in week out, season in season out. I also respect the NE fans I have made on this site. I won't slam any of you because I respect your feedback & perspective & I know all too way how losing so close to the NFL Promiseland hurts like hades & feels like someone kicked you in the nether regions & you can't breathe, let alone process an unexpected loss. Much respect NE; much respect. I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that your club will be back in the thick of things next season like clockwork. 

Denver's D was incredible stuffing the ground game  & sacking Brady. Denver's o-line gave 18 a beautiful pocket most of the game & Montee Ball made me proud today from 1 fellow WI Badger to another. Booyah my alumni Brother! Wes Welker dropped no passes either & most the Broncos were patient, methodical, & kept Brady chilling on the sidelines. 

Seattle is no creampuff especially with Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman, & Lynch...Jack Del Rio plan the game of your life in February because I want that 2nd SB ring bad for Peyton Manning...1 down 1 to go...

Like Manning said previously getting to the SB is nice but the real party begins only if you hoist the Lombardi Trophy over your head. There is no prize for 2nd place. Keep your eye on the Prize Denver.

This is probably the better match up for the Broncos.

The 49ers had Super Bowl experience that the Seahawks do not.  Also Seattle is not the same team away from Seattle.

Trust me that front 4 & Pacific NW secondary can play anywhere. Peyton is my man or who I am rooting for in February, but I know from watching Russel Wilson live how dangerous he is. A neutral site is no advantage on either side IMO GC8818. 

Remember how Sherman said that you think you have RW contained & the ball flies out of nowhere to hit it's target. Plus, RW is fast on the move, he always keeps his eyes downfield, & he is so small & sneaky that LBs lose track of him. I saw several college defenses get scorched & burned. RW makes the right play at the most crucial moment. It's his M.O. man. 

I can't wait to see Skip Bayless tomorrow. He better not make any Brady excuses & he had better give major props to 18 that's all I gotta say; no LeBron James encore crap fest where he fails to give a true winner/team credit. 

Oh yeah Skip no INDY made a mistake nonsense about selecting Luck over Manning either thank you very much. I'm sure Skip will twist that knife in the back several times on Monday. It's who he is; it's what he does. Sigh...

Seattle, much like the Saints, aren't the same on the road. Peyton is going to blow that D up.

It's all about Denver's o-line House & giving Manning a clean pocket because that front 4 is gonna hit 18 & their DBs are going to be in Decker & Julius Thomas's face all game long. 

The real question is bootlegs & getting Peyton to scramble just slightly to make throws in order to win the SB IMO. Seattle is relentless & I hope Peyton is prepared to move to keep drives alive because that's what it will take to win.

Don't underestimate the Seahawks. Again, I think 18 can win it all this year, but he won't have a perfect pocket. I can promise you that. 

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I want to thank Tom Brady personally for the nice things he said in reference to the Broncos, their organization, & HOF QB Peyton Manning. It's not easy to speak to a CBS reporter after the AFC Championship Game loss & Tom handled the questions with grace & humility. 

Look, it takes guts to do that when your season is officially done. Bravo Brady! It was nice to see WR Austin Collie make plays too. JMO. 

Is it wrong of me to take glee in the fact that Jim Harbaugh & the 49ers got spanked in the NFC? Okay, probably. I will not say anything else about that loss then. LOL! My bad. Sorry.

Peyton was great and so was his defense. Heck, the whole Broncos team played great. They have a real good shot at winning the super bowl. The Patriots didn't stand a chance today.

Very BIG PICTURE of you FE. You're a good man sir.  :hat:

Happy for Peyton. Sadden by the people who feel the need to take a shot at Irsay.

Yes, pettiness is truly sad for the angry person who carries it, will not let go of it, & refuses to turn the page to a new chapter. It is their problem not ours GC8818. Well said though.  :thmup:

BINGO House! Beautifully stated. Short, sweet, & precision perfect...Nice!  :worthy:

Hey Bayone & Just Another Fan, 

I was thinking of both of you tonight because the 2 of you are known for your Peyton Manning articles & posts which I am always thrilled to read. Smile, be happy, & festive...Just try not to get arrested okay. Only teasing! 

Have fun, but not too much fun tonight okay. I kid; I kid.  haha

I am so excited for Peyton.   The Broncos dominated that game and send the evil empire home.   I think the Broncos will beat the Seahawks.  Then Peyton will be first QB to win a Super Bowl with two different teams.  He will probably be called the greatest ever.  And all the crap that is said will be dead.  His legacy will be cemented.

Then our Colts dominate for the next 10-12 years :)

We still have a game to go but i want to celebrate this with my fellow Peyton fans who invested everything as hard as i did.

This victory is for us and here is a toast to all of you below and to the other Peyton fans i missed out.

SouthWest1

Jvan1973

Restored

Colts_fan12

Gramz

Susie

SHECOLT

Moose

OldUncleMark

Peytonator

Fx_stryker

Dustin

MAC

Andy

and of course Bayone ( Barry ).

We deserve this celebration and thanks to Peyton.

Big props for that post.

Beating the dead horse (no pun intended) of Luck/Manning again it was, ultimately, the best thing for both teams. Manning would not win another SB with this O-line and D. At best we might make another SB only to lose.

I agree with the decision to draft Luck, but absolutely hate how Irsay handled it. You don't say you're going to keep the guy and then effectively kick arguably the G.O.A.T.  to the curb after all he's done for your team. The Colts are my team, but I loathe how that was handled.

Again, though, both teams got what the needed in the end. Our QB for 10+ seasons if our line doesn't get him killed. Denver gets the best QB of his time and perhaps all times and a legit shot at a ring every season for 1-3 more years after this one.

Cant put it any better.

Exactly my thoughts.

Congrats to Peyton and Denver on being the best team start to finish in the AFC.

In terms of the SB, I love the match up of the best O vs the best D. I think the weather will be interesting for this game as well as if it is cold and or snowy then Seattle's chances go up quite a bit but not sure how much Seattle will score. Harvin should be back for the game as well which would be huge for their O.