Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Chant "fire Caldwell" Is Back On At The Next Home Game!

joo 2h

we would love to ttake anyone over caldwell.

The thing about Jim Caldwell is he not a strategies type of a coach, which is somebody we need, that can make game day decision and not just ask his OC or his DC. He needs to say ok I got it guys, we are going to do this! or third and 1 at the goal line ok we r going to run a power O this play, i dont care which play you run as long as you pull a guard at the GL, Lets do this!

He is just there to keep everybody claim, l dont get whats the point of him being the head coach then.

He's the CEO type that has to have elite Department heads to make the business efficient and profitable. He's not the type to do it on his own.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we would love to ttake anyone over caldwell.

The thing about Jim Caldwell is he not a strategies type of a coach, which is somebody we need, that can make game day decision and not just ask his OC or his DC. He needs to say ok I got it guys, we are going to do this! or third and 1 at the goal line ok we r going to run a power O this play, i dont care which play you run as long as you pull a guard at the GL, Lets do this!

He is just there to keep everybody claim, l dont get whats the point of him being the head coach then.

I do find TV evaluations interesting....

Seriously.....I really hope people have more class then that. Management is fully aware of the fan's feelings regarding this situation......they simply don't care. Caldwell doesn't have a lot to work with here.....the majority of our players simply aren't that good.

Oh, I think that Caldwell has done a pretty bad coaching job this year. I'm just not in the business of being a trashy fan.

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

heres about a ton a links about jim caldwell maybe u should read one of them

http://www.stampedeb...-a-big-game-for

http://profootballta...snt-make-sense/

http://larrybrownspo...-was-good/94326

It looks like it is not just me making these comments about Jim Caldwell

Once again, Stampede Blue is a terrible website. I wonder how many sock puppets BBS has on this website haha, he can't stand it when people talk about him.

Caldwell is a nice guy and no one takes pleasure in a man losing his job.But as bill parcell would say you are what your record says you are,no excuses.

Well going by that his record so far is 26 wins and 18 losses which is not bad enough to be fired over.

no one takes pleasure in a man losing his job

Which is exactly why I would not do something like this. It is managements decision. I don't call anyone out and ask that they lose their job. It is up to the management and team owner to decide what is best. No one elses.

If he can win 3-4 games he probaly will return,but a 1-15 or 0-16 is a public relations disaster.

It's not pretty but with Peyton out I am not sure I would say it would be a public relations disaster. They will come out of it with some sweet draft picks and maybe it causes them to make some other small changes that would have not occured if they win those 3-4 games. I really don't know what Polian and Irsay will do, but I have faith they will do what is best for the franchise as a whole.

It's not pretty but with Peyton out I am not sure I would say it would be a public relations disaster. They will come out of it with some sweet draft picks and maybe it causes them to make some other small changes that would have not occured if they win those 3-4 games. I really don't know what Polian and Irsay will do, but I have faith they will do what is best for the franchise as a whole.

dude ,you have to be an employee. could you please shut up,and come up with just one fresh take. omg you are a pest. Sorry mods I know it is a border line, but bla bla bla. I cant take anymore.All these post are just meant to annoy peple, Stevie Wonder is not this blind. By the I wont chant anything, but will hold a sign. Edited by LUVTHESHOE

dude ,you have to be an employee. could you please shut up,and come up with just one fresh take. omg you are a pest. Sorry mods I know it is a border line, but bla bla bla. I cant take anymore.All these post are just meant to annoy peple, Stevie Wonder is not this blind. By the I wont chant anything, but will hold a sign.

so let me see if I understand. Because I refuse to run around like chicken little screaming the sky is falling because of 1 bad season (which is all we are looking at no matter what others say) I am a homer, or employee of the team? Please understand this, I don't like that we are 0-8 and have not looked good this season, but I also understand, unlike some here, that things like this happen and 1 bad season is not a trend or proof that the franchise is in trouble. Are there things that need to be addressed, sure, and I have faith that those in charge will take care of that. If we go through another season of poor play then yes maybe a new direction needs to be considered.

I guess I am more willing to allow for a bad season since I am also a Pacer fan, a Reds fan and a Bucs fan and have sufferd through bad season with bad mang't with no sign of improvement in sight. I see the Colts as an organization with qualified people in charge and willing to allow them one bad season out of what like 10.

Jeff Saturday is not an outside voice lol? He already took a shot a cladwell and his staff

He already made it clear,even though he was force to take back what he said

I wouldn't say he took a shot at the coaching staff at all, he took a shot at the whole team including himself and the coaching staff.

Edited by Ramblinwreck7

so let me see if I understand. Because I refuse to run around like chicken little screaming the sky is falling because of 1 bad season (which is all we are looking at no matter what others say) I am a homer, or employee of the team? Please understand this, I don't like that we are 0-8 and have not looked good this season, but I also understand, unlike some here, that things like this happen and 1 bad season is not a trend or proof that the franchise is in trouble. Are there things that need to be addressed, sure, and I have faith that those in charge will take care of that. If we go through another season of poor play then yes maybe a new direction needs to be considered.

I guess I am more willing to allow for a bad season since I am also a Pacer fan, a Reds fan and a Bucs fan and have sufferd through bad season with bad mang't with no sign of improvement in sight. I see the Colts as an organization with qualified people in charge and willing to allow them one bad season out of what like 10.

Once again you have totally missed the point, if you would read most of these post from everyone, before you type your stanard reply, you would see that most what I read are fans saying they get that we may struggle. On the other hand there are enough quality players on this not to be a very ugly 0-8...There are teams with less talent than we have using first year and back qb's still winning games!!!!!!!!!!!!Why cant you understand that, Rams just beat the saints with freaking A.J. FEELY at qb, that my friend is coaching them up. WE DONT HAVE THAT???????????????????????????????

Why does everybody feel the need to do this?It is not going to accomplish anything and the only ones that it is going to embarrass are the citizens of Indiana and the Blue Nation.Not to mention that things aren't that bad.If you have followed the Colts for any length of time,you know it has been a lot worse than what it is now.I don't understand the need to publicly humiliate someone,this is not something a Hoosier/Colts fan would do.This would be something a well known adversary of the Colts would do.Let's look at it another way.Let's say your coworker is having a bad day/week.Would you organize everyone else in your workplace to stand around and berate them?

Do you think the players appreciate the whole chanting/suck for luck thing?They go out there and do their best,work hard,and take a risk every game to provide entertainment for people yet everybody wants to tear them down when things don't go the way they want.Let's show some support and love for the players regardless of the outcome.Does it really matter if they win or lose?It's only a game.GO COLTS! :applause:

Why does everybody feel the need to do this?It is not going to accomplish anything and the only ones that it is going to embarrass are the citizens of Indiana and the Blue Nation.Not to mention that things aren't that bad.If you have followed the Colts for any length of time,you know it has been a lot worse than what it is now.I don't understand the need to publicly humiliate someone,this is not something a Hoosier/Colts fan would do.This would be something a well known adversary of the Colts would do.Let's look at it another way.Let's say your coworker is having a bad day/week.Would you organize everyone else in your workplace to stand around and berate them?

Do you think the players appreciate the whole chanting/suck for luck thing?They go out there and do their best,work hard,and take a risk every game to provide entertainment for people yet everybody wants to tear them down when things don't go the way they want.Let's show some support and love for the players regardless of the outcome.Does it really matter if they win or lose?It's only a game.GO COLTS! :applause:

You have to remember if you took everyone on the forum it would'nt fill up a third of a section, so I don't what few people do this it will even matter. We have a pretty a intelligent fan base and they won't embarrass this city or team, but on the other hand the fact that not even our special teams coach has been replaced for being in the bottom three for three straight years now is kind of an embarrassment to the fans as well. When a building is on fire the firefighters cant just stand by and say it is only the first floor it will be okay, maybe it will put it self out. No the people in they building would want them to at least make an effort to stop the whole building from coming down. I think that is what our fans want, to show you are aware of the problems,not to just wish them away. JMO

If my co-worker was having a bad 3 years, I'd say "he" was embarrasing the group, not his critics, and that his boss who doesn't take remedial action is also to blame. Look, we are not saying we need to tar and feather Caldwell, and run him out of town on a rail. We're not saying Jim Caldwell isn't a nice guy, we're just saying that Caldwell is a bad coach, that he should be replaced, and that is obvious to everyone (except dn4192 who must be Jim Caldwell's mother).

Also, this is not criticizing the players on the team. We have no idea how they might play under an adaptive strategy given the strengths and weaknesses of the personnel. This is a fundamental team problem, and Peyton Manning can't solve that problem.

Once again you have totally missed the point, if you would read most of these post from everyone, before you type your stanard reply, you would see that most what I read are fans saying they get that we may struggle. On the other hand there are enough quality players on this not to be a very ugly 0-8...There are teams with less talent than we have using first year and back qb's still winning games!!!!!!!!!!!!Why cant you understand that, Rams just beat the saints with freaking A.J. FEELY at qb, that my friend is coaching them up. WE DONT HAVE THAT???????????????????????????????

1. AJ is a better QB then Painter

2. Outside of Cleveland, we have played a pretty tough schedule. We have had to go to Houston, NO, TB, TN and Cincy...of those 4, three of them are playing either good or very good football. Our home games have not been easy either outside of the Cleveland game.

3. Our backup QB is not able to play at the level that our offense is set up to play.

4. Our defense is depleated and designed to play with a lead which I don't believe we have had at any point this season.

5. Our coaches seemed to be determined to have the offense play the same style of ball even without Peyton playing.

I also believe that maybe it's just...well think about it. Luck could have come out last year, but chose to stay another year and it's just this year that Peyton for the first time ever can't play due to injury and we stink. Fate? Luck? Kismit? Who knows but something is afoot that maybe was ment to be.....;-)

If my co-worker was having a bad 3 years, I'd say "he" was embarrasing the group, not his critics, and that his boss who doesn't take remedial action is also to blame. Look, we are not saying we need to tar and feather Caldwell, and run him out of town on a rail. We're not saying Jim Caldwell isn't a nice guy, we're just saying that Caldwell is a bad coach, that he should be replaced, and that is obvious to everyone (except dn4192 who must be Jim Caldwell's mother).

Also, this is not criticizing the players on the team. We have no idea how they might play under an adaptive strategy given the strengths and weaknesses of the personnel. This is a fundamental team problem, and Peyton Manning can't solve that problem.

Caldwell may be a poor coach, but the only ones qualified to make that call are those running the team. There is no way that any fan who just watches the games via their TV or live in person can have all the information needed to make that decision. Fans can say they are not happy with how the team is perfoming, but to state he is a poor coach and shouldn't be the head coach requires much more inside information then any of us have access to.

it amazes me Indianapolis Colts 2001 season

"Injuries, an inadequate defense and a 6-10 record lead to disappointment and the firing of Coach Mora"

but going 0-16 or if we lucky and a team gets snowed in and cant make it and forfeit we might get 1-16,

and still we arnt getting rid of this coaching staff. at least the "playoff's, Playoff's, Guy" can get us a 6 win season.

2. Outside of Cleveland, we have played a pretty tough schedule. We have had to go to Houston, NO, TB, TN and Cincy...of those 4, three of them are playing either good or very good football. Our home games have not been easy either outside of the Cleveland game.

3. Our backup QB is not able to play at the level that our offense is set up to play.

4. Our defense is depleated and designed to play with a lead which I don't believe we have had at any point this season.

5. Our coaches seemed to be determined to have the offense play the same style of ball even without Peyton playing.

I also believe that maybe it's just...well think about it. Luck could have come out last year, but chose to stay another year and it's just this year that Peyton for the first time ever can't play due to injury and we stink. Fate? Luck? Kismit? Who knows but something is afoot that maybe was ment to be.....;-)

1) Feeley has more experience, but I'm not sure if he's that much better or not.

2) A tough schedule but I still see 6-2 at worst with Manning and 2-3 wins with a competent staff

3) The Coaching staff, HC & OC should alter the offense and implement a package/plays that puts Painter in a better position to be successful as opposed to throwing the ball at a higher ratio than Tom Brady ever has(outside of this year), more than Peyton Manning in every year but the last three, more than Aaron Rodgers ever has, or within 2% of Drew Bree's ratios., is nothing but foolish. Painter isn't anywhere near Manning, Brady, Brees, or Rodgers.

4) Then obviously you don't really watch the games.

5) So do you blame Painter for that? Do you blame Addai? Freeney? You blame Jim Caldwell and Clyde Christensen. They have failed this franchise, this team, Curtis Painter, and the fans for throwing the ball as much as they have with Painter & Collins. That is all on the coaching staff!

LOL, Why bother

LOL, Why do I bother. You are way to smart for this site, you have an answer for everything, go do something better I think you can. Go, we will all support you. Just do it if your eyes closed, heaven forbid you open them and take a look around. Edited by LUVTHESHOE

LOL, Why bother

LOL, Why do I bother. You are way to smart for this site, you have an answer for everything, go do something better I think you can. Go, we will all support you. Just do it if your eyes closed, heaven forbid you open them and take a look around.

I gave up a few days ago after going back and forth in a different thread. At least he's consistent.

1) Feeley has more experience, but I'm not sure if he's that much better or not.

2) A tough schedule but I still see 6-2 at worst with Manning and 2-3 wins with a competent staff

3) The Coaching staff, HC & OC should alter the offense and implement a package/plays that puts Painter in a better position to be successful as opposed to throwing the ball at a higher ratio than Tom Brady ever has(outside of this year), more than Peyton Manning in every year but the last three, more than Aaron Rodgers ever has, or within 2% of Drew Bree's ratios., is nothing but foolish. Painter isn't anywhere near Manning, Brady, Brees, or Rodgers.

4) Then obviously you don't really watch the games.

5) So do you blame Painter for that? Do you blame Addai? Freeney? You blame Jim Caldwell and Clyde Christensen. They have failed this franchise, this team, Curtis Painter, and the fans for throwing the ball as much as they have with Painter & Collins. That is all on the coaching staff!

I agree that the coaching staff seems determined to run the same style of offense with Painter as they did with Peyton which is foolish. I don't "blame" anyone for our present position. I see it for what it is, a franchise which was built around 1 of the best all time NFL players to ever play at the most important position in sports. He goes down and you team is going to fail, especially when you have an untested, not very talented QB as his backup trying to operate an offense that maybe only 1-2 QB's in teh league right now could run. We have an aging team at some positions and a defense that is designed not to have to play from being behind. This "plan" of the Colts has worked for over 10 years, so we have a bad season, it's not th end of the world.

However, I will be interested to see how mag't reacts and ajusts in the offseason. There is very little they can do during the season but what they are. Once the season is over we shall see what both Polians and Mr. Irsay decide on the future of this franchise. If they determine a new coach and new approach is called for, good for them and I will support it, if they feel minor changes are needed and do that, again I will support that. When I see a continual pattern of poor choices and bad moves, then I will become more vocal on change from the top down, as of this point I have not seen that and the recrod of this franchise supports that.

The whole idea of chanting "Fire Caldwell" is childish and stupid. I don't care if you "pay for the team" by buying tickets...It's no excuse to act like like an *. How old are you people? I understand Caldwell has been in over his head. But this is more than him. Last year everyone was saying how great he was for holding the team together and getting to 10-6 despite the injuries...This is an organizational flaw (building around Manning) and Jim has little to do with that.

It's no different than the stupid "firecollegefootballcoach.com" sites that go up by overzealous fans with no life. I for one was glad that someone bought the domain to "firecharlieweis.com" and put up a statement saying that these sites were stupid....sadly since he's left ND it has been bought by some disgruntled Florida fan that is mad they are having a down year....talk about spoiled.

And that's exactly what the "fire Jim Caldwell" people come off as...spoiled. playoffs since 1999 (save for 2001), a SB win and another appearance...Yeah the Colts are having a down year. A terrible one. And we all know this team was built wrong. We all see that. But to turn into a 13 year old and chant for a guy to be fired is childish and lame. Say you are in sales, and have a down year...how'd you like it if a crowd followed you around shouting for your firing..You want that?

The whole idea of chanting "Fire Caldwell" is childish and stupid. I don't care if you "pay for the team" by buying tickets...It's no excuse to act like like an *. How old are you people? I understand Caldwell has been in over his head. But this is more than him. Last year everyone was saying how great he was for holding the team together and getting to 10-6 despite the injuries...This is an organizational flaw (building around Manning) and Jim has little to do with that.

It's no different than the stupid "firecollegefootballcoach.com" sites that go up by overzealous fans with no life. I for one was glad that someone bought the domain to "firecharlieweis.com" and put up a statement saying that these sites were stupid....sadly since he's left ND it has been bought by some disgruntled Florida fan that is mad they are having a down year....talk about spoiled.

And that's exactly what the "fire Jim Caldwell" people come off as...spoiled. playoffs since 1999 (save for 2001), a SB win and another appearance...Yeah the Colts are having a down year. A terrible one. And we all know this team was built wrong. We all see that. But to turn into a 13 year old and chant for a guy to be fired is childish and lame. Say you are in sales, and have a down year...how'd you like it if a crowd followed you around shouting for your firing..You want that?

I am in sales and lost one of my best accounts, and the bean counters said I better find 5 more to keep it on a profit line. I assure you if I was having this kind of bad year, even without my best account. I would be gone, and have worked here 28 years. Is that fair, no but factual. I have always said Caldwell is no more than a clip board holder and is not even an average nfl coach, but still would not chant anything. Edited by LUVTHESHOE

I just don't see the majority of Colt fans acting like well....fools. I think most are rational enough to know that acting foolish isn't the way to go. I think there are much better ways for Joe fan to voice his displeasure over the present state of the franchise, I just feel they will chose those ways.

I think there are much better ways for Joe fan to voice his displeasure over the present state of the franchise, I just feel they will chose those ways.

Such as......? ? ? What ways.....? ? ?

OBTW, it;s not the franchise, it's the coaching staff......

Stop going to the game, stop buying merchandise. What do you think impacts more...voices or dollar bills?

But that's taking away my pleasures. And my children's. And my grandchildren's. I'll prolly just keep supporting the team since those ways impact me and my family and the players in negative ways.

Maybe I can write a letter to Irsay and Polian. Or write a letter to the editor of the Indy Star. Or send Uncle Jim a twitter. Or send a letter to Caldwell asking him to resign, or fire Coyer, or Christensen, or the ST coach whose name I can't spell, or all of them.

Or embarass Caldwell at the ball game.....

Guys, seriously. You want some change, the only way you can effect that change is vote with your feet. Stop going to the games if you are disatisfied with the product. If you get lousy food / service in a restaurant, you don't go back. Start now if you are so unhappy. Sure, Irsay's got most of his cash for this season, but if he see's his stadium half full from now until the end of the season, he knows thing must change.

Booing / chanting is as useful as a hand brake on a canoe.

. I couldn't have said it better myself. I agree 100 percent, if we don't like the product on the field we should stop going to the games. If fans stop going that also means they aren't buying hotdogs, beer, pop and peanuts etc....I guarantee if fans stop going in huge numbers Mr. Irsey would absolutely make a change. Go Colts!!!!!!!

. I couldn't have said it better myself. I agree 100 percent, if we don't like the product on the field we should stop going to the games. If fans stop going that also means they aren't buying hotdogs, beer, pop and peanuts etc....I guarantee if fans stop going in huge numbers Mr. Irsey would absolutely make a change. Go Colts!!!!!!!

irsay

My dear and fellow 'half' Colts fan. I was at Wembley a few weeks ago and watched your beloved Tampa in the flesh, and they are not a good football team. Josh Freeman is also way over-rated. And you are missing the point. If we don't have a massive change in both the FO and coaching staff very soon, we ain't gonna sniff the Super Bowl for a long long time.

It's called being 'pro-active', and not stumbling around crying the 'it's only one bad season' mantra.