Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Chant "fire Caldwell" Is Back On At The Next Home Game!

joo 2h

I do not think it was the right choice to hire Caldwell in the first place,considering his lack of head coaching experience in the NFL,his pathetic college record,and the fact there was a boatload of better candidates out there with all of the above.All that said,Caldwell is the least of our problems right now,if Manning is playing we have a winning record.The real culprit is the lack of talent on this roster,and that falls on the front office.If we are ever going to se the SB again they better go out and get some decent corners in the offseason.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not think it was the right choice to hire Caldwell in the first place,considering his lack of head coaching experience in the NFL,his pathetic college record,and the fact there was a boatload of better candidates out there with all of the above.All that said,Caldwell is the least of our problems right now,if Manning is playing we have a winning record.The real culprit is the lack of talent on this roster,and that falls on the front office.If we are ever going to se the SB again they better go out and get some decent corners in the offseason.

I agree. We could have Cower, Fisher, or Gruden and things wouldn't be any different right now tho.

The problem is, there weren't any available this year (good CBs). None that were of value anyway (worth vs cost)

Some will mention the high $$ CBs that were in free agency this year. Anyone notice how little namdi has done at Philly for the crazy $$ they spent? Some will mention letting hayden and Tryon go, but they certainly aren't doing much on their new teams.

We added OL, DT this year along with carter and Lefeged who look good. Add to that the free agents the team added. They made the effort. We all felt pretty good about the additions in the draft and free agency. most were saying this team had the most talent its had in years. We can hopefully address Safety and CB in offseason and/or draft and should see some improvement.

It takes time unfortunately.

The team made great additions this year with the belief manning would be playing. If Peyton was on the field, as expected, we wouldn't be looking this bad, even with the same roster.

Real classy idea dude.

Ideas like "the chant" make me embarrassed to be a Colts fan, not the team.

Caldwell IS NOT at fault for this loss.

I'm a huge Colts fan myself and have been for many, many years and will continue to be even if we go 0-16. I have no problem with "The Chant", we the fans are the ones paying for this team. And if thats what it takes to get Caldwell and his zero emotion out of Indianapolis then so be it. All of the blame should be put onto Caldwell as well as the Polians, the Polians are a completely different post all together. That is the way all professional sports are operated, team can't win the coach must go. You made mention that Caldwell IS NOT at fault for this loss, so what about the prior 7......hmmmm I'm going to go with Caldwell IS COMPLETELY at fault with all of the losses. GO COLTS!

I'm a huge Colts fan myself and have been for many, many years and will continue to be even if we go 0-16. I have no problem with "The Chant", we the fans are the ones paying for this team. And if thats what it takes to get Caldwell and his zero emotion out of Indianapolis then so be it. All of the blame should be put onto Caldwell as well as the Polians, the Polians are a completely different post all together. That is the way all professional sports are operated, team can't win the coach must go. You made mention that Caldwell IS NOT at fault for this loss, so what about the prior 7......hmmmm I'm going to go with Caldwell IS COMPLETELY at fault with all of the losses. GO COLTS!

Well said, these guys do not get paid top $$$ to lose games

Guys, seriously. You want some change, the only way you can effect that change is vote with your feet. Stop going to the games if you are disatisfied with the product. If you get lousy food / service in a restaurant, you don't go back. Start now if you are so unhappy. Sure, Irsay's got most of his cash for this season, but if he see's his stadium half full from now until the end of the season, he knows thing must change.

Booing / chanting is as useful as a hand brake on a canoe.

Seriously if I was Irsay I would request a drug test from Cadwell.... Dude looks stoned out of his mind out there, and how could he be so relaxed when getting smacked around so bad usless he was stoned.... Just my thoughts, maybe just getting sick of the 1000 yard stare from him.

I'm sorry but we pay for this team we have every right to sound off to management and whoever else will listen about how unhappy we are with their product. If you went to McDonalds and ordered a BigMac but got a plain cheeseburger instead you wouldn't take it back and tell them about it?.

1. You don't pay for this team. Teams could not survive on ticket sales/merchandise sales. They survive off of TV revenue

2. I say we boo the players, if they can not execute isn't that on them?

1. You don't pay for this team. Teams could not survive on ticket sales/merchandise sales. They survive off of TV revenue

2. I say we boo the players, if they can not execute isn't that on them?

Umm how dont we pay for this team? we pay are cable bill every month to watch the game.

Tickets for the game is part of our payment to the team,

... Really dude? It's the coach's job to get the players in position to succeed.

You are right, who threw the horrible passes yesterday, who droped those passes, who didn't block to allow the blocked punt, who isn't tackling? It isn't the coaches...

Jim Caldwell is the worst coach in the nfl. His team can not do anything, he has the colts 0-8 now, cost us 1 superbowl, and that jets playoff game in the past. How do people prise him for his work with a good job?? Seriously how is any colts fan defending this guy after what he has done for this team. Nothing,

Peyton won us those games, not Jim. As everyone can see, Jim cannot even get us to 1 win in 8 weeks of football. Just wait into we go to NE and Tom brady puts up 55 points on us, watch how embarrassing this will be on Prime Time Tv,

i guarantee that a few Jim Caldwell fans will come on the fourms and say something like this

"Wow Jim Caldwell did a great job, he made sure the pats didnt put up 62 like before in the saints game, which shows improvment"

Does anyone see anything wrong with this? Please i really want to know what you think about this mess, no joke.

Lets be Honest

Jim Caldwell im sure will not get fired mid season, What this thread is for is to try to give Jim Caldwell a less of a shot at keeping his job next year. If Jim Irsay see fans booing Jim Caldwell, and not the colts, he might make a change. Chanting Fire caldwell!, Maybe somebody will get the message as this will blow up all over the media and not help his shot at keeping his job for next season.

So i say the Fire Jim Caldwell Chant is back on!- Who is with me? We as fans have the right to do this in a civil manner, Dont feel bad for Jim Caldwell, Rememer he has money to support him for the rest of his life, i would love to trade places with him if i had enought money to live without work again, sooo.......

Whos agree with me

Dont do that your an instigator i said let all carry signs too that say fire caldwell and sit right behind and in front where caldwell is heck lets cover the team entrance and exits too.

Dont do that your an instigator i said let all carry signs too that say fire caldwell and sit right behind and in front where caldwell is heck lets cover the team entrance and exits too.

Im not an instigator, but your idea is great

As for people saying this is wrong?

Im not starting a fight or commiting a crime, what im doing is standing up for myself and the team that i spend $$$ on every year. I love the colts, i will always be a coach fan, but not likeing the head coach has nothing to do with me being a fan, He just cant do the job

If u havent notices in the sports world, when teams lose the coach hits the door, its always been that way. If i feel that Jim Caldwell is not doing a good job im not going to reward him with cheers and good job comments, he gets paid to win games, not lose them. As every can see the defence offence and ST looks bad, which fall on the head coach and his staff he brought in. This team is been like this for years, and we want a guy who can come in next season and try to fix these issues instead of just standing around looking lost durning game day,, and claping when the offense go three and out.

Edited by joo 2h

Im not an instigator, but your idea is great

As for people saying this is wrong?

Im not starting a fight or commiting a crime, what im doing is standing up for myself and the team that i spend $$$ on every year. I love the colts, i will always be a coach fan, but not likeing the head coach has nothing to do with me being a fan, He just cant do the job

If u havent notices in the sports world, when teams lose the coach hits the door, its always been that way. If i feel that Jim Caldwell is not doing a good job im not going to reward him with cheers and good job comments, he gets paid to win games, not lose them. As every can see the defence offence and ST looks bad, which fall on the head coach and his staff he brought in. This team is been like this for years, and we want a guy who can come in next season and try to fix these issues instead of just standing around looking lost durning game day,, and claping when the offense go three and out.

You are correct when a coach has losing seasons the team will usually fire them, Caldwell at this point hasn't had a losing season at all during his tenure.

... Really dude? It's the coach's job to get the players in position to succeed.

but at some point the players have to do something on the field. The coaches can call all the best plays in the world (Not saying ours have) and if the players don't make the plays it doesn't matter. I will say an example of this was the play call by Christison that got Garcon behind the DB in man coverage yesterday and Painter completely over threw him. Who does that go on the coaches or Painter not making the throw?

There is plunty of blame to go around here. You don't go 0-8 and only have an issue with recent drafts, or have a bad coach, or only have players not playing well. It takes some kinda combination of the three. What I have seen around here a lot is people only wanting to blame the Polians or only wanting to blame Caldwell and not wanting to blame the players at all. I think it's safe to say all three areas have had issues this season and you can't point to just one and say it's all that person's fault.

Losing is losing..there are not degrees of losing...

Sure there are.

The Pittsburgh game was far more respectable than nearly all of the others, that were embarrassing in one form of another. Yes, a loss is a loss, but in some games you can see some positives , and in some games all you can see is negatives, and again some are just out right embarrassing.

Losing is losing..there are not degrees of losing...

dn4192,

I like you alot mate Your post have logic and your point of view does make sense,

But lets be honest, losing is losing, i agree, but when u lose 8 games in a row with one of those games being a blow out being a lost 55 points? that does not bother you? I know its not all of jim caldwells fault, but as the guy thats the head of this football team, by him not saying anything to his bosses make himself look bad, which is why fans attack him when our football team looks lost out there on the field.

Edited by joo 2h

dn4192,

I like you alot mate You have alot value and point of view does make sense,

But lets be honest, losing is losing, i agree, but when u lose 8 games in a row with one of those games being a blow out being a lost 55 points? that does not bother you? I know its not all of jim caldwells fault, but as the guy thats the head of this football team, by him not saying anything to his bosses make himself look bad, which is why fans attack him when our football team looks lost out there on the field.

It doesn't me one bit because it's just one season. I lived through the TB Bucs and their horribleness for season upon season upon season. I will get bothered if this horribleness repeats itself to any degree over the next season or so. But one bad season after a decade long of domination...no it's not the end of the world as some here make it out to be.

It doesn't me one bit because it's just one season. I lived through the TB Bucs and their horribleness for season upon season upon season. I will get bothered if this horribleness repeats itself to any degree over the next season or so. But one bad season after a decade long of domination...no it's not the end of the world as some here make it out to be.

My problem is not with this season, its with how can we fix some things starting with next season,

To the OP; Caldwell did not lose the SB. Did Caldwell drop the pass over the middle just before the end of the first half?

Was it Caldwell or Hank Baskett that muffed the onside kick to start the 2nd Half?

Did Caldwell throw a pick 6, down by 7 points with just over 3 minutes left in the game?

This season shows everyone that Peyton is definitely worthy of EVERY MVP he has won.

The O-line is in disarray as well. Tough year, re-build, heal and look forward to improvement and next season.

I do think the Colts should draft Luck if he is available. Why not plan for the future? Peyton can mentor him for a few seasons. It worked in GB with Favre and Rodgers.

It worked with McNair in Houston/Tenn. The only sticking point is the #1 overall pick will cost you so much more $ and probably isn't money you want hoding a clipboard for a couple of seasons.

Unfortunately, the Dolphins look even worse than the Colts. Luck to Miami.

My problem is not with this season, its with how can we fix some things starting with next season,

Well we get Peyton Manning back and I think some of our issues are going to be fixed right there.

With that said we have to make the hard calls on who we keep and who we don't keep in free agency. Then IF we have any left over money which I doubt we will we can go after someone but odds are you might see a vet or two cut ot make some room. As much as I like Gary Brackett with as well as Angerer has played this season I wouldn't be shocked to see Brackett cut loose.

Then we probably take a QB with our first round pick (I think even if we don't get the first pick we are still going QB in round one as Polian isn't going to think we are going to be in poistion to grab one again with Peyton around and there are some good QBs in this draft beyond Luck). Then I think we need to draft a guard or center depending on what we do with Diem and Saturday for the o-line but those can come in mid to late round picks. We MIGHT need a WR depending on again what we do with Wayne and Garcon. From there I think we take a defensive player in every round starting with a corner in round two. I would even think about trading up to get a corner if we don't think there is going to be one there in round two. We need another linebacker as I think Wheeler is a stop gap. We also need another safety for depth reasons. Frankly we need play makers on defense in general.

As for the coaching I think it's honestly 50/50 on Caldwell at this point, I could see him coming back if he makes changes to his staff. Caldwell is an offensive guy mostly and frankly the offense has been decent outside of Manning being hurt which clearly isn't Caldwell's fault. Coyer and the ST coach HAVE to go. I would go out and spend money on a proven guy with special teams. Someone who has a track record of producing good ones. As for the DC spot I would bring in a former head coach or an extremely experienced and proven DC to run the defense if we keep Caldwell. Pretty much hire this guy purely to run the defense if the Colts honestly feel like Caldwell doesn't have much to do with the defense. I am not saying we should get this guy but he fits the example I am about to make, a guy like Del Rio who can maybe provide a little fire and give a little bad cop to Caldwell's good cop or vice versa. Frankly if the Rams fire Steve Spagnuolo which I don't hink they will he would be a perfect guy for this job.

If we fire Caldwell I would keep Christison. I think he has done a good job with the offense and I am not sure we want to throw the whole offense out the window based on a year without Peyton Manning. As for coaches my list would start and end with Jeff Fisher. He's a defensive guy, he would shake things up around here (as I think part of problem is that we are just predictable we've done things the same way for 10 years and while it's been a great run teams have figured it out and now our talent has dropped and we can't just out excute teams anymore), it's pretty clear he respects Peyton Manning and I dare say wants this job, and he has a track record of over achieving without a lot of talented players. If we build threw the draft and undrafted free agents because our cap money is tied up into guys like Manning, Freeney, Bethea, Wayne, Clark, etc that's the kinda coach you need.

That's how I would try to fix things going forward

Edited by GoColts8818

Well we get Peyton Manning back and I think some of our issues are going to be fixed right there.

With that said we have to make the hard calls on who we keep and who we don't keep in free agency. Then IF we have any left over money which I doubt we will we can go after someone but odds are you might see a vet or two cut ot make some room. As much as I like Gary Brackett with as well as Angerer has played this season I wouldn't be shocked to see Brackett cut loose.

Then we probably take a QB with our first round pick (I think even if we don't get the first pick we are still going QB in round one as Polian isn't going to think we are going to be in poistion to grab one again with Peyton around and there are some good QBs in this draft beyond Luck). Then I think we need to draft a guard or center depending on what we do with Diem and Saturday for the o-line but those can come in mid to late round picks. We MIGHT need a WR depending on again what we do with Wayne and Garcon. From there I think we take a defensive player in every round starting with a corner in round two. I would even think about trading up to get a corner if we don't think there is going to be one there in round two. We need another linebacker as I think Wheeler is a stop gap. We also need another safety for depth reasons. Frankly we need play makers on defense in general.

As for the coaching I think it's honestly 50/50 on Caldwell at this point, I could see him coming back if he makes changes to his staff. Caldwell is an offensive guy mostly and frankly the offense has been decent outside of Manning being hurt which clearly isn't Caldwell's fault. Coyer and the ST coach HAVE to go. I would go out and spend money on a proven guy with special teams. Someone who has a track record of producing good ones. As for the DC spot I would bring in a former head coach or an extremely experienced and proven DC to run the defense if we keep Caldwell. Pretty much hire this guy purely to run the defense if the Colts honestly feel like Caldwell doesn't have much to do with the defense. I am not saying we should get this guy but he fits the example I am about to make, a guy like Del Rio who can maybe provide a little fire and give a little bad cop to Caldwell's good cop or vice versa. Frankly if the Rams fire Steve Spagnuolo which I don't hink they will he would be a perfect guy for this job.

If we fire Caldwell I would keep Christison. I think he has done a good job with the offense and I am not sure we want to throw the whole offense out the window based on a year without Peyton Manning. As for coaches my list would start and end with Jeff Fisher. He's a defensive guy, he would shake things up around here (as I think part of problem is that we are just predictable we've done things the same way for 10 years and while it's been a great run teams have figured it out and now our talent has dropped and we can't just out excute teams anymore), it's pretty clear he respects Peyton Manning and I dare say wants this job, and he has a track record of over achieving without a lot of talented players. If we build threw the draft and undrafted free agents because our cap money is tied up into guys like Manning, Freeney, Bethea, Wayne, Clark, etc that's the kinda coach you need.

That's how I would try to fix things going forward

Nice summary. Very nice. But I think Caldwell lost the dressing room in 2009. But Caldwell could survive if the Polians are run out of town. I really don't think Coyer and the ST coach will be enough, especially if we go winless.

I really do hate when people bring up Polians past 'greatness'. It really is irrelevant. It's like keeping Manning under centre when he's 45, just because of what he's done for this ball club in the past. When you start fumbling around like a fool, it's time to be cut loose, despite previous successes from days of yore.

While I agree with the message, I can't agree with the delivery.

Thats kind of the stickler. I'd say 80% agree with the message. But none of us can do anything about it.

So you got 70,000+ Colts fans, every single one having paid well over $150 for there chance to be in LOS, where 80% are upset with the head coach. Fans cant call him and say 'Hey Jim, really bringing me down my guy, lets pick it up". But while sitting and watching another abysmal performance, those fans can say 1 word, and the Colts will get the message. 50,000 people all saying one word, boo, is and has always been the fan equivalent of a phone call.

You can't fix this in one draft, what you can do is begin to fix things. I think we still need another OL guy and then concentrate on defensive players (this is going with the idea we don't have the no. 1 overall pick) and then just continue to have better drafts. I would also move to a new defensive philosophy and maybe a new D coordinator.

Nice summary. Very nice. But I think Caldwell lost the dressing room in 2009. But Caldwell could survive if the Polians are run out of town. I really don't think Coyer and the ST coach will be enough, especially if we go winless.

I really do hate when people bring up Polians past 'greatness'. It really is irrelevant. It's like keeping Manning under centre when he's 45, just because of what he's done for this ball club in the past. When you start fumbling around like a fool, it's time to be cut loose, despite previous successes from days of yore.

Sorry but there is a huge diference. The running of a team is mental, not physcial. Polian knows the game, plus he has brought in his son, whom off of the last draft seems to have a decent understanding, Manning problem isn't his mental approach to the game but the phyiscal side.

Sorry but there is a huge diference. The running of a team is mental, not physcial. Polian knows the game, plus he has brought in his son, whom off of the last draft seems to have a decent understanding, Manning problem isn't his mental approach to the game but the phyiscal side.

It was an analogy. The premise is exactly the same, when 'form' decends into the abyss.

You can't fix this in one draft, what you can do is begin to fix things. I think we still need another OL guy and then concentrate on defensive players (this is going with the idea we don't have the no. 1 overall pick) and then just continue to have better drafts. I would also move to a new defensive philosophy and maybe a new D coordinator.

Lolz, almost anything can be fixed in 1 draft. It's not as hard to draft players as people think. It's just you have to get decent value for them, preferably great value. All it takes is hitting on the draft again and we will be set next year with a talented team.