Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Chant "fire Caldwell" Is Back On At The Next Home Game!

joo 2h

Lolz, almost anything can be fixed in 1 draft. It's not as hard to draft players as people think. It's just you have to get decent value for them, preferably great value. All it takes is hitting on the draft again and we will be set next year with a talented team.

So you think adding just 6-7 players turns this team from a bottom feeder this year to SB contenders next year?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No you won't. You'll find another team, just like you deserted the Buccaneers.

Ouch that one had to sting.

Do you actually remember what you post? You contradict yourself so much that you tangle yourself up in knots and forget what your stance really is. You are very amusing though.

Yes he is. Like a toy to play with.

No you won't. You'll find another team, just like you deserted the Buccaneers.

Never deserted them, still follow them to this day and support them. Are you saying you can't support two NFL teams? I have one bookcase of TB stuff and one bookshelf of Colt Stuff.

Maybe if a better coaching staff put together a decent game plan and exhibit better playcalling then perhaps the players would be able to execute.

Okay what was wrong with this past Sunday's offense game plan? On the defensive side, they gave up 20 pts, given it was a road game against a division foe, how was that a bad showing?

Okay what was wrong with this past Sunday's offense game plan? On the defensive side, they gave up 20 pts, given it was a road game against a division foe, how was that a bad showing?

What was wrong with it? 21 pass plays in the first half to 11 runs.

11 runs 51 yards

21 pass plays 2 sacks 79 net passing yards.

The concept that they haven't adapted an offensive package that better suits Painter's skill set. That they are throwing the ball like Manning is still in there. Later in the game that they are still making decisions(kicking the field goal) like Painter would have enough time to lead the # of scores it would then would be required to win like he is on par with Manning in the same area. How is that for starters?

11 runs 51 yards

The concept that they haven't adapted an offensive package that better suits Painter's skill set. That they are throwing the ball like Manning is still in there. Later in the game that they are still making decisions(kicking the field goal) like Painter would have enough time to lead the # of scores it would then would be required to win like he is on par with Manning in the same area. How is that for starters?

those numbers are nuts, firejimcaldwell is right

Curtis should not be forced to throw the ball so much, He is getting better every week but lets not be crazy here, hes not just there just yet to be making 40 attempts a game. They need to change the offences a little to suit him a little better.

Dont even get me started on the no huddle crap they ran in the saints games, that was just a mess, sombody needed to be slaped for not killing that, No body didnt even know what the play was, A bad snap, the list keeps going on and on, Caldwell needs to do say something, to get the OC to change some things that suits curtis

Edited by joo 2h

Fans that chant fire Caldwell are trash. Rudeness like that is not appreciated.

Seriously.....I really hope people have more class then that. Management is fully aware of the fan's feelings regarding this situation......they simply don't care. Caldwell doesn't have a lot to work with here.....the majority of our players simply aren't that good.

Seriously.....I really hope people have more class then that. Management is fully aware of the fan's feelings regarding this situation......they simply don't care. Caldwell doesn't have a lot to work with here.....the majority of our players simply aren't that good.

I respectfully disagree. He's got Pro Bowlers on both sides of the ball. If he wants to stop the boo birds and people calling for his job he needs to start winning games and soon.

Thats right,

I completely agree he needs to be fired, I am just talking about the chanting for his firing. I am only talking about the Def. side of the ball having crap players. With the exception of Bethea, our secondary is by far the least talented in the league. Our LB core is solid, but spend so much time trying to cover deficiencies in the secondary their effectiveness is reduced. Likewise, with the cushion the secondary gives receivers, our Pro Bowl defensive ends are basically useless.. The ball is gone long before they can get there.

I will be holding up my poster and chanting as well. The front office and media needs to realize how fed up we colts fans are of our so-called head coach Caldwell. It's obvious that our real coach is Manning, without him Caldwell doesn't know what to do besides stand there and stare. He doesn't change anything, it's the same old offense and defense week after week, and with manning that works because he reads defenses so well and is pin point accurate with a high majority of his passes, but without him the game plan HAS TO BE DIFFERENT. That is how you can tell the mediocre coaches from the great, they run plays on O or blitz on the D at times and the opposing team goes wow I didn't see that coming. I can't recall any times under Caldwell where I thought that was different haven't seen them do that before. And that is all to do with having a bad head coach, and if that doesn't speak for itself without manning were 0-8!!! Without brady Belichek Still managed to get his team to 11-5, Without big Ben Tomlin still went 5-1 I believe it was when Ben was suspended for awhile. Even when the bengals lost Palmer for a year they still won some games under Marvin Lewis. There is plenty of talent on this team to atleast be 3-5 right now. after that embarrassing loss to the saints Jim Caldwell would have to hit the road after this season in my opinion.

I feel like this thread is meaningless. If you don't support your team that is OBVIOUSLY rebuilding, stop going to the games. If you really supported the team, the staff, etc. maybe you would judge all parties involved so harshly.

Also, I must say that us Colts fans have gotten so used to winning that it's a shock to see our record (0-8) this year. If seems that so many of us have forgotten how long it took to get Manning to a point where he was "running" things and we had a winning, playoff worthy record for many years.

Caldwell does need to take som heat for the position we're in, but no one person is the scapegoat here. There are alot of things wrong with our team. Some of the big mistakes I saw Sunday such as Painter's INTs were tipped balls, those things happen *shrugs*. That kind of thing happens to Manning even on his best days. Remember his 4 picks in two straight games?? If Painter did that, everyone would be crucifying him.

All I'm saying is give the blame game a rest, be different from the rest of the fans in this league and support the Colts when they're down. Whoever I'm talking to, you know who you are...

11 runs 51 yards

Add to that the graphic that showed the amount of time they run tampa 2 coverage and it's success rate and you pretty much have both sides of the ball covered.

We could be looking at a total breakdown of a sports franchise from top to bottom. I think the next few years will be chaos and defeat, Manning or no Manning. He should consider going to a team with hope of a super bowl. The Colts key players are getting too old.

Never deserted them, still follow them to this day and support them. Are you saying you can't support two NFL teams? I have one bookcase of TB stuff and one bookshelf of Colt Stuff.

That seems shaky. I can't understand how you can have two favorite teams in the same sport. It like Madden says - if you have two, you really have none. If you are a Colts fan, they ARE your team. You can like and respect another team over the others but it is unreasonable to think that you can have two favorite teams. I live in NJ and there are 3 NFL teams within 40 miles of where I live (Eagles, Jets and Giants). I am one of the few fans in this area that is a rabid Colts fans. All of my friends are EITHER a Jets or a Giants or an Eagles fan but none will ever have 2 or 3 favorite teams.

11 runs 51 yards

I guess they feel that Painter has the ability or needs to continue to work on his passing game.

We could be looking at a total breakdown of a sports franchise from top to bottom. I think the next few years will be chaos and defeat, Manning or no Manning. He should consider going to a team with hope of a super bowl. The Colts key players are getting too old.

wow...chicken little view point isn't it?

That seems shaky. I can't understand how you can have two favorite teams in the same sport. It like Madden says - if you have two, you really have none. If you are a Colts fan, they ARE your team. You can like and respect another team over the others but it is unreasonable to think that you can have two favorite teams. I live in NJ and there are 3 NFL teams within 40 miles of where I live (Eagles, Jets and Giants). I am one of the few fans in this area that is a rabid Colts fans. All of my friends are EITHER a Jets or a Giants or an Eagles fan but none will ever have 2 or 3 favorite teams.

Really, I have always been a Buc fan as that is the team I grew up with and followed. Then when I moved back to Indy in 87 I started following the Colts and am a fan of them. I cheer on both teams equally, I wasn't aware you couldn't be a fan of more then 1 team in a sport...

Coaches don't win or lose games, players do.

I disagree, It's the coaches responsibility to get his team prepared. It's the coaches job to make adjustments as the game goes on. It's the coaches that are calling the plays. It's the coaches that implement our schemes or style of play.

I coach little league football. If I don't teach my kids the fundamentals of the game, it's my fault. If I don't spend enough time on tackling drills and we miss tackle after tackle, it's on me. If I don't make adjustments as our games are being played and we continue to get beat on XYZ, it's my fault.

Now, we're talking about the NFL. They all know the fundamentals of the game, but it's still the coaches job to keep his team motivated. Don't let them give up and most importantly the coach has to have the respect from his players, so they'll go out any given Sunday and give 110% regardless of the outcome.

I disagree, It's the coaches responsibility to get his team prepared. It's the coaches job to make adjustments as the game goes on. It's the coaches that are calling the plays. It's the coaches that implement our schemes or style of play.

I coach little league football. If I don't teach my kids the fundamentals of the game, it's my fault. If I don't spend enough time on tackling drills and we miss tackle after tackle, it's on me. If I don't make adjustments as our games are being played and we continue to get beat on XYZ, it's my fault.

Now, we're talking about the NFL. They all know the fundamentals of the game, but it's still the coaches job to keep his team motivated. Don't let them give up and most importantly the coach has to have the respect from his players, so they'll go out any given Sunday and give 110% regardless of the outcome.

so are you saying that the Colt players are not giving 110% in each game?

so are you saying that the Colt players are not giving 110% in each game?

Absolutely!! Not all of them, but several. Do you think the guy standing on the sidelines, pouting, and it's still the first quarter is giving 110%? Heck no, He's already given up.

Absolutely!! Not all of them, but several. Do you think the guy standing on the sidelines, pouting, and it's still the first quarter is giving 110%? Heck no, He's already given up.

I have not seen that...which player did you see pouting? Also lets say he is, why is it the coaches job to "fire" him up? He is "paid" to play and give 110%, I don't feel the coach should need to fire any of these guys up. This is pro football, not college.

Have you watched any of the games? Seriously? The players do not respect their coaching staff. They have no faith in their abilities, NONE. They know that the "ship has sunk"...Players must respect their coaches and we simply do not.

And it is the coaches responsibility to fire up his team. Boost their confidence and give them something to play for...Their dignity if nothing else

Have you watched any of the games? Seriously? The players do not respect their coaching staff. They have no faith in their abilities, NONE. They know that the "ship has sunk"...Players must respect their coaches and we simply do not.

And it is the coaches responsibility to fire up his team. Boost their confidence and give them something to play for...Their dignity if nothing else

Really, you are able to watch a game on TV and know what a player is thinking and feeling? OMG...Also if it takes the coaches to "fire up" a team of professional players, then we have major issues here.

Really at what point do we stop blaming the coaches and put the blame on the players....

Some of the greatest coaches off all time, in any sport, were great motivational speakers. Do you not think that Belichick, Tomlin, Cowher, Dungy, etc, etc..Didn't get their teams motivated before kickoff. Lou Holtz is one of the greatest motivational speakers that there ever was.

Give me a coach, that is proven to be successful, with an 0-8 season and then I'll consider blaming the players and not the coaching staff.

Some people just don't get it. :slaphead:

Some of the greatest coaches off all time, in any sport, were great motivational speakers. Do you not think that Belichick, Tomlin, Cowher, Dungy, etc, etc..Didn't get their teams motivated before kickoff. Lou Holtz is one of the greatest motivational speakers that there ever was.

Give me a coach, that is proven to be successful, with an 0-8 season and then I'll consider blaming the players and not the coaching staff.

Some people just don't get it. :slaphead:

Okay how do you prove a coach is successful if not by their record?

If that were true, San Francisco would be 1 - 6, instead of 6 - 1. What is different between this year and last year. Jim Harbaugh replaced Mike Singletary.

Are you saying Mike Singletary wasn't a firem up type of coach who wasn't a motivator?

He's saying Harbaugh is a better coach than Singletary, who I would still take over Caldwell.

we would love to ttake anyone over caldwell.

The thing about Jim Caldwell is he not a strategies type of a coach, which is somebody we need, that can make game day decision and not just ask his OC or his DC. He needs to say ok I got it guys, we are going to do this! or third and 1 at the goal line ok we r going to run a power O this play, i dont care which play you run as long as you pull a guard at the GL, Lets do this!

He is just there to keep everybody claim, l dont get whats the point of him being the head coach then.