Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Chant "fire Caldwell" Is Back On At The Next Home Game!

joo 2h

My dear and fellow 'half' Colts fan. I was at Wembley a few weeks ago and watched your beloved Tampa in the flesh, and they are not a good football team. Josh Freeman is also way over-rated. And you are missing the point. If we don't have a massive change in both the FO and coaching staff very soon, we ain't gonna sniff the Super Bowl for a long long time.

It's called being 'pro-active', and not stumbling around crying the 'it's only one bad season' mantra.

Sorry, not gonna penalize the team by not attending. I've got their back, and will continue to do so under ALL circumstances....Jeff Saturday, Reggie Wayne, Dallas Clark, Dwight Freeney, Mathis, and the rest of the team DESERVE our support. They haven't quit, and I'm not quitting on them.

Caldwell should be ashamed and embarassed by what he is not doing for this team. And I'm gonna let him know at every opportunity....

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dear and fellow 'half' Colts fan. I was at Wembley a few weeks ago and watched your beloved Tampa in the flesh, and they are not a good football team. Josh Freeman is also way over-rated. And you are missing the point. If we don't have a massive change in both the FO and coaching staff very soon, we ain't gonna sniff the Super Bowl for a long long time.

It's called being 'pro-active', and not stumbling around crying the 'it's only one bad season' mantra.

I think Freeman is a work in progress who will get better and they are a very young team with some good talent in some key places. You are basing your view of the Bucs off of one game played across the pond. Overall I would say the Bucs right about now are probably in the area of 5-10 in rankings of NFC teams which is okay.

As for the Colts, I am unsure why you would want to change out what has been sucessful for as long as it has due to 1 season. That to me is a bit over reactionary...

But that's taking away my pleasures. And my children's. And my grandchildren's. I'll prolly just keep supporting the team since those ways impact me and my family and the players in negative ways.

Maybe I can write a letter to Irsay and Polian. Or write a letter to the editor of the Indy Star. Or send Uncle Jim a twitter. Or send a letter to Caldwell asking him to resign, or fire Coyer, or Christensen, or the ST coach whose name I can't spell, or all of them.

Or embarass Caldwell at the ball game.....

Sure you can and they will have little to no impact. what motivates people and teams is money. Also I find it very hard to believe you could ever "embarass" Caldwell at the game, maybe embarass yourself...but Caldwell?

Sure you can and they will have little to no impact. what motivates people and teams is money. Also I find it very hard to believe you could ever "embarass" Caldwell at the game, maybe embarass yourself...but Caldwell?

Always embarass myself at Colts game, that's what real fans do.....

Hey, I was there last Sunday at LOS, section 624, and no one was chanting. I did scream "Fire Caldwell" from the rafters a few times though, but everyone was in so much shock from the abmissmal failures on the field that it yielded no results. I'll be in section 605 this sunday, maybe we'll have better luck.

Seriously though, I was really shocked by the atmosphere at LOS. I was a season ticket holder from the time the colts arrived in Indy to the mid nineties, (some real bad teams) and had never experienced that kind of aire of defeat. It was smothering. The Colts were very much not interested in playing, and in the past, the crowd would amuse themselves by doing the wave, or picking on the fans of the opponet. This Sunday, it was as if we were attending a funeral....In a way we were, I suppose...

I did notice a large number of fans were texting on their phones throughout the game. So that begs the question, is the crowd not into the game because the Colts stink, or because of smart phones?

Edited by sfergson727

Real classy idea dude.

Ideas like "the chant" make me embarrassed to be a Colts fan, not the team.

Caldwell IS NOT at fault for this loss.

He's the coach, some of the blame for this last loss lies squarely on his shoulders. the St. Louis Blues were 7-8 and just fired their coach, with coaching comes responsibility.

Hey, I was there last Sunday at LOS, section 624, and no one was chanting. I did scream "Fire Caldwell" from the rafters a few times though, but everyone was in so much shock from the abmissmal failures on the field that it yielded no results. I'll be in section 605 this sunday, maybe we'll have better luck.

Seriously though, I was really shocked by the atmosphere at LOS. I was a season ticket holder from the time the colts arrived in Indy to the mid nineties, (some real bad teams) and had never experienced that kind of aire of defeat. It was smothering. The Colts were very much not interested in playing, and in the past, the crowd would amuse themselves by doing the wave, or picking on the fans of the opponet. This Sunday, it was as if we were attending a funeral....In a way we were, I suppose...

I did notice a large number of fans were texting on their phones throughout the game. So that begs the question, is the crowd not into the game because the Colts stink, or because of smart phones?

Games and the crowd in Indy have always been very different than other stadiums in the league. I live in PA and most of the games I've been to have been in Pittsburgh. However, besides the RCA dome, I've seen games in New York, Philly, and Memorial in Baltimore in the "old days" of the Colts.

Indy has a totally different feel than other stadiums. People are nicer, more outgoing, more passive. I mean no disrespect, cuz I like the more peaceful, friendly atmosphere. I'm not sure if its because NFL in Indy is relatively new or what, but it is different.

I remember not so long ago (Harbaugh days and early Manning days) that people on this board were complaining about the fans in indy. I remember comments about them being very non-emotional. The fans have been "educated" to some degree by the Manning era. You know, quiet on offense, loud on defense. That is kinda the extent of it. I also remember not so long ago that the crowd wasn't loud enough and stayed sitting and relatively quiet, even on defense. I remember people on this board PLEADING for fans to be louder and more emotional. Remember when visiting fans were louder than our own it seemed? You know, back when we pumped crowd noise thru the PA system?

I feel the excitement of manning and the success the last 10 years brought changed that. How couldn't it? Now, that things are bad, many fans in attendance literally don't know how to act. They have been programmed on what to expect from a "Colts game experience". I've seen it on the faces in the crowd. Especially in the first few home games. Their faces showed confusion and disbelief.

What I find surprising is the short memory. It really wasn't that long ago losses were common. Perhaps the people going now are relatively new fans of the Colts and weren't around in those days. I'm not sure. Its just different.

I've even been to games in Philly during their losing seasons, and as horrible fans they can be, they still stand behind their team and are into the game, especially emotionally. VIOLENTLY at times. Same in Pittsburgh. There's a reason Philly had a jail IN THE stadium.

My wife and i took a nap last week during the game or lack thereof..we sit in section 638 and i would say it was about 3/4 capacity at kickoff..after halftime (when i woke up) section was over half empty...most were on their phones texting or watching another game....it's humorous to see what the next boneheaded move the colts will make. Ive witnessed better football at a pop warner game...funny... can't wait to see what will happen this Sunday,,,,at least we still have a good tailgate and i can take a nap afterwards ....hahahaha!!!

Yeah, he pretty much embarasses himself, doesn't he?

And I have no issue embarassing myself at a game by being lound and proud.

1st year...16-3

2nd year...10-7

3rd year...0-9 (so far)

See a trend here??????

Yea it's called injuries and loss of talent. No coach can win when you have the missing amount of talent that Caldwell has had. When this team is healthy they won. If you can't see that I can't help you, but with a salary cap system no team can survive with key injuries. Ask SD right now how things are there with them missing key offensive line guys..

Yea it's called injuries and loss of talent. No coach can win when you have the missing amount of talent that Caldwell has had. When this team is healthy they won. If you can't see that I can't help you, but with a salary cap system no team can survive with key injuries. Ask SD right now how things are there with them missing key offensive line guys..

It's called ineptness. Good coaches win in spite of injuries. All teams operate under the salary cap.

Green Bay won the Super Bowl with more injuries than we have had. Caldwell and his staff get no free pass from me on this one. This team is playing worse all the time. His college teams were horrible. He was not meant to be a head coach in the NFL. He gave it a shot, he's a good guy, it hasn't worked out. Time to move on. Too many jobs depend on it.

Every team has injuries. Coaches adjust to that. Except ours. We seem to want to play the same way with different talent. Doesn't work that way. Adjustments must be made according to the talent you have.

The Colts are only missing a few pieces. Manning and Bracket and a few rookies. Im not going to count Bullitt. He has failed to get Painter ready, they don't even use him correctly. Should be more 50/50 running and throwing, instead its about the same ratio as it would be with Manning. That's just another example of the coaching staff not adjusting.

I still can't support a chant but I do agree with the message. Don't be like Philly, Indy.

Irsay and Polian will do as they please regardless.

It might take a disastrous season to change or a complete meltdown over a coarse of 3 seasons, but no chant will bring change.

It's called ineptness. Good coaches win in spite of injuries. All teams operate under the salary cap.

Green Bay won the Super Bowl with more injuries than we have had. Caldwell and his staff get no free pass from me on this one. This team is playing worse all the time. His college teams were horrible. He was not meant to be a head coach in the NFL. He gave it a shot, he's a good guy, it hasn't worked out. Time to move on. Too many jobs depend on it.

Every team has injuries. Coaches adjust to that. Except ours. We seem to want to play the same way with different talent. Doesn't work that way. Adjustments must be made according to the talent you have.

No good coaches don't win with injuries. the Packers did have a number of injuries last year and only won 10 games in teh regular season and had to back into the playoffs via the wild card. I do agree that our coaches have not been willing or able to adjust to what we have this season and it is costing us games. Yes all teams operate under the same salary cap but for how many have the numbers like we do. If you look at just say Peyton/Reggie/Dwight/Dallas alone, how much of the salary cap do those 4 players eat up? Now how many other teams have 4 players who eat up that much space?

The Colts are only missing a few pieces. Manning and Bracket and a few rookies. Im not going to count Bullitt. He has failed to get Painter ready, they don't even use him correctly. Should be more 50/50 running and throwing, instead its about the same ratio as it would be with Manning. That's just another example of the coaching staff not adjusting.

If your offense is designed to pass more then run, how do you in say 4-5 weeks change that with the players you have who are not here to go with a run style offense. It's kinda tough to put a round peg in a square hole.

No good coaches don't win with injuries. the Packers did have a number of injuries last year and only won 10 games in teh regular season and had to back into the playoffs via the wild card. I do agree that our coaches have not been willing or able to adjust to what we have this season and it is costing us games. Yes all teams operate under the same salary cap but for how many have the numbers like we do. If you look at just say Peyton/Reggie/Dwight/Dallas alone, how much of the salary cap do those 4 players eat up? Now how many other teams have 4 players who eat up that much space?

How much?