Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Something to make you smile/look forward too...

GoColts8818

The next time we see the Colts take the field Allen and Wayne will be in the starting lineup. 

I thought about that plus getting Thomas and Ballard back next year plus the big steps Fleener, Hilton, and Brazill made this year it made me really excited about next year.  I think our skill position guys can be as good as any in the NFL next year. 

Allen is going to completely change the offense. 

Agreed completely.  I think he was a huge part of what Pep wanted to do and losing him almost from the get go I think had Pep adjusting almost from the start.  That's why I haven't been as harsh on Pep as some others I think.  I don't think we have truly seen what he wants the offense to be yet due to all the injuries especially Allen's.  Now that Fleener has emerged as well we might have the best 1-2 punch at tightend in the league.  I even like what we have seen of Doyle in a third tightend role. 

The next time we see the Colts take the field Allen and Wayne will be in the starting lineup. 

I thought about that plus getting Thomas and Ballard back next year plus the big steps Fleener, Hilton, and Brazill made this year it made me really excited about next year.  I think our skill position guys can be as good as any in the NFL next year. 

And don't forget about the progress Whalen has made too.  He's had some nice moments late in the season, definitely something that can be built on going into next season.

And the to appease the Rogers fans, him too.  :)

Agree completely.  Add those players plus a huge upgrade on the O line, from the draft and FA's, and next year will be a year to be excited about.  Some improvements in the secondary will also be addressed.  Colts fans are going to see continued improvement all across the roster.  Looking forward to the draft.  Will be interesting to see how Grigs addresses the issues.

Almost sounds like the exact sentiment from the end of last season. 

We already have "A".  All we need to do is add "B" and it's off to the Superbowl we go!

If we keep saying this every year then eventually it has to be true, right?

Almost sounds like the exact sentiment from the end of last season. 

We already have "A".  All we need to do is add "B" and it's off to the Superbowl we go!

If we keep saying this every year then eventually it has to be true, right?

I am not promising a Super Bowl but after not seeing Allen for a full season and Reggie for half a season I am sure Colts fans will be very happy to see them back. 

I am not promising a Super Bowl but after not seeing Allen for a full season and Reggie for half a season I am sure Colts fans will be very happy to see them back. 

True.  I will be glad to see them back.  I just hope the coaching staff learns how to better adjust when things go wrong.

True.  I will be glad to see them back.  I just hope the coaching staff learns how to better adjust when things go wrong.

Honestly this coach does a good job adjusting when things go wrong.  Look at all the comebacks this year and the adjustments to all the injuries to keep winning games.  What they seem to struggle with is game planning going into the games, hence all the slow starts.  It's kinda the reverse of what we had with Caldwell who was very good at coming up with a good game plan from the start but struggled to adjust as things went a long.  For all the complaining we have done about the coaches they took an injured filled team to some very key guys and found a way to win 11 games plus a playoff game the division and had us down one score going into the fourth quarter last night.  I know people aren't seeing it right now but this team took a step forward this year from last year. 

Honestly this coach does a good job adjusting when things go wrong.  Look at all the comebacks this year and the adjustments to all the injuries to keep winning games.  What they seem to struggle with is game planning going into the games, hence all the slow starts.  It's kinda the reverse of what we had with Caldwell who was very good at coming up with a good game plan from the start but struggled to adjust as things went a long.  For all the complaining we have done about the coaches they took an injured filled team to some very key guys and found a way to win 11 games plus a playoff game the division and had us down one score going into the fourth quarter last night.  I know people aren't seeing it right now but this team took a step forward this year from last year. 

I was talking about the game planning and in game adjustments.  The coaching staff, or the players, seem to wait until halftime to make some adjustments.  Let's adjust before the half and do some better game planning before the games. 

I was talking about the game planning and in game adjustments.  The coaching staff, or the players, seem to wait until halftime to make some adjustments.  Let's adjust before the half and do some better game planning before the games. 

Well that's where you adjust it's very hard to adjust in the middle of the game on the field because you have to think about what you are going to do next as soon as you get the ball back or the next time you are on defense.  Half-time lets you sit down and think about what changes you can make and lets you talk to the team in a less crazy environment than in the middle of the game.  I think you can make some changes on the field during games but you can't make major adjustments on the field.  With that said again look at all the comebacks they have made they seem to do just fine adjusting things.  I think they struggle a bit with game planning going in.