Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Four Players the Colts should target in the offseason.

Dark_Indy

^This^  Spikes is not that great in coverage ... we need an ILB who is good in coverage to compliment Freeman; not another Freeman.  We need someone who can cover TE's,drop into coverage,  and help with those crossing routes.

I don't understand your point; Freeman is one of the BEST coverage LB's in the league.

Who would that lb be? Who is your choice?

I don't know that that coverage lb exists in free agency, might have to draft one and get someone like Dansby as a stop gap.

Depending on price I would kick the tires on Donald Butler and maybe A. Jordan

I don't understand your point; Freeman is one of the BEST coverage LB's in the league.

I don't think he is terrible ... but I don't think coverage is the strong point in Freeman's game, and definitely would not put him among the "best" coverage LB's in the league.

I like Spikes, But as someone said, we need a ILB who is good in coverage. I don't think we should or will target a receiver in FA. We will have Reggie back for one more year, then TY, and Rogers who will be a stud next season. Throw in Whalen as the 4th WR and that gives us a very solid set of receivers. As much as I want Mack I'm thinking someone like De La Puente, or Dietric Smith at Center. I think Grigs will bring Toler back, but will probably draft a corner early. As far as McCluster goes, He could actually be a good pick up.

The colts are near the bottom in run defense and the front seven got destroyed last night and people still want to sign DB's.....I don't get it.

Of course, the DBs got destroyed last week, so it depends on the week.  Had Brady wanted, I'm sure he could have destroyed them too. 

I've been perusing the lists of Free Agents, and there are quite a few names on there I wouldn't mind seeing on the back of a Colts jersey. There are a few positions we don't need to target, such as TE, and RB so I won't include them here. I also won't get into the Offensive Line discussion, because it has been made a million times.

My personal top 2 FA's that I would like to see in Colts Blue?

1. Brandon Spikes- ILB Patriots- He's a run stuffer, and could play a tandem with Jerrell Freeman. Our Linebacker corps immediately gets better, and we easily improve our run game with him in the lineup. Also, chances are we lose Angerer in the offseason, so we need a replacement ILB.

2. Riley Cooper- WR Eagles- It may be that I live in Central Florida, but I've been watching Riley Cooper for a long time. He really has a physical side to him, feels like an Eric Decker-lite. His price tag would be considerably less than Decker's as well. 

The other two guys.

Aqib Talib- CB Patriots- Colts fans would get a feast or famine result from having Vontae Davis on one side and Aqib Talib on the other side of the field. Solid press corners don't just pop up everywhere, so it may be worth looking at Talib. Granted, he will have to be paid after his one-year deal in NE.

Dexter McCluster-WR/KR Chiefs- a dual threat player that will probably sign an extension with KC. However, he's a solid return man, and could pair well with Chris Rainey on Kickoffs. Anything that weakens the other powerhouses and strengthens a Colts roster is ok by me. 

Perhaps it's just sentiment talking.

Tim Jennings- CB- Bears As much as I would like a reunion with Jennings, He'd be a bit more expensive than Greg Toler, but he's matured into a much more solid corner than his last stint with the Colts. Why it won't happen? He's not a Man Press Corner, and fits more into Zone Schemes that we don't seem to rely on. 

good list . missing  pass rusher help Robert mathis out . jared allen  http://www.nfl.com/top100/2013#video=0ap2000000169096

need center in alex mack  a mus

hi-res-459727065-jared-allen-of-the-minn

Hannah Foslien/Getty Images

I. 

Defensive End Michael Bennett
hi-res-7952452_crop_650.jpg?1388928113

need a right gaurd
Offensive Guard Geoff Schwartz

Spikes, the guy who was just IRed because he couldn't bother to show up to meetings on time? No thanks.

Mack.

The story going around here is that Brandon, who lives in Providence, was snowed in during Friday's snowstorm consequently making him late for walkthroughs, BB nice guy

The story going around here is that Brandon, who lives in Providence, was snowed in during Friday's snowstorm consequently making him late for walkthroughs, BB nice guy

Apparently it wasn't his first time.

Doesn't matter to me, I doubt we'll try to sign him. If we were going to take on a risky player, I'd rather have Incognito. We could use a mauler on the O line.

I actually expect them to stay with Greg Toler.

We need a

Guard (no more McGlynn)

ILB (to compliment Freeman)

DE (Redding is getting older and Jean-Francois is injury prone and hasn't shown why he's paid that much)

OLB (Mathis is getting older)

The outcome will more be determined by who will be re-signed and who won't, rather than our situation as of now.

I think they should tag Vontae and see if he can stay consistent. Re-sign RB Donald Brown + DB Sergio Brown (special teams) + FS Antoine Bethea + DB Josh Gordy + P Pat McAfee + K Adam Vinatieri.

Not necessarily. G Thomas is getting back & C Holmes could replace C Satele moving forward.

I hope Holmes does but the fact he wasn't even active on some game days and we were starting undrafted free agents or moving a guy with a broken thumb over to play center doesn't exactly make me feel confident about Holmes talent level. 

Luck was pressured early and often against the Patriots due to a crumbling offensive line. Although the second-year QB was sacked just three times, he was hit a total of 10 times throughout the game.

This same trend continued throughout the duration of the regular season. Even though Luck was only sacked 32 times in 2013, he was hit 107 times—the third most in the league.

Whether it's through the draft or free agency, the offensive line must be on the top of the Colts' to-do list starting now

I hope Holmes does but the fact he wasn't even active on some game days and we were starting undrafted free agents or moving a guy with a broken thumb over to play center doesn't exactly make me feel confident about Holmes talent level.

C is the anchor on the line, and that's where experience > young and upcoming talent.

But true, we don't know for sure.

They blitz him a ton during the game, sent more then they could block. Satele and Mcglynn were bad and will get replaced but on the 5 and 6 man blitzes, Luck didn't hit his hot read. He held on to the ball too long a few times on 3rd downs. He'll get better with more experience but that's a weakness of his that BB saw.

Luck was pressured early and often against the Patriots due to a crumbling offensive line. Although the second-year QB was sacked just three times, he was hit a total of 10 times throughout the game.

This same trend continued throughout the duration of the regular season. Even though Luck was only sacked 32 times in 2013, he was hit 107 times—the third most in the league.

Whether it's through the draft or free agency, the offensive line must be on the top of the Colts' to-do list starting now

Of course, the DBs got destroyed last week, so it depends on the week.  Had Brady wanted, I'm sure he could have destroyed them too.

You don't build a defense from the outside - in. The Colts have one pass rusher and a Dline without a difference maker.....that's is not are a recipe for success. Don't get me wrong, the secondary needs upgrading, but defense starts up front.