Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most analysts are picking us

snkdy

Clinton Portis & Stephen A. Smith were the only ones I knew of that picked us to win

Skip Bayless predicts the Chiefs get back to their 9-0 form starting with a win at the Oil drum 21-17

Stephen A Smith predicts a 24-20 :colts: win

The CBS, PFT, ESPN, and SI crews have also picked us.

Predictions are dumb. My gut has gone back and forth. That's why the play the game. 

I will say when I watch analysts talk about how much better the Chefs are 2 weeks removed from losing this match up, I question whether or not I should pay attention to them again.

Predictions are dumb. My gut has gone back and forth. That's why the play the game. 

I will say when I watch analysts talk about how much better the Chefs are 2 weeks removed from losing this match up, I question whether or not I should pay attention to them again.

Yeah this kinda gets me too at times.

I am hearing a lot at times on how this is our matchup from hell and how improved KC is even though in the last two weeks they have gotten beaten down by the Colts in KC and then played backups vs. SD.

I dunno anymore.....like you said why bother or pay attention to them. :scratch:

Darn.  I like it when they pick against us.

so....I predict a Chief blowout.  63-0.  The Chiefs will then go on to win next week's game and will beat Denver by 77 points.  The AFC Championship game will be the Chiefs vs. Patriots, where they will go to Foxboro and win by 144 points.  Tom Brady will throw 12 interceptions in that game.  KC will win the Super Bowl in three feet of snow.  They will destroy the Seattle Seahawks by a score of 288-7.  The 7 was scored during the last ten seconds of the game when Andy Reid pulled his players off the field and decided to play defense himself because he's always wanted to. He would have tackled Russell Wilson, who ran for the touchdown, but he fell in the snow and in his bliss of winning a SB, he chose to do snow angels instead.  Alex Smith raises a snow-covered Lombardi in the air; immediately, teams start calling KC and state that they are willing to trade their all of their draft picks for the next 25 years for Alex Smith.

OMG I am so nervous... I wasn't this way last year. I think I'm nervous because we actually have a chance this year. I heart the colts.

We had a chance last year. If Bruce Arians doesn't get hospitalized at the last minute, we win that game. Clyde knew the plays but Bruce Arians style of playcalling was missed. Ravens weren't that good last year. We could've beat them

We had a chance last year. If Bruce Arians doesn't get hospitalized at the last minute, we win that game. Clyde knew the plays but Bruce Arians style of playcalling was missed. Ravens weren't that good last year. We could've beat them

I haven't seen two sentences back to back that I so strongly disagree with, while agreeing with the very next thing. No one is going to buy that the SB champs "weren't that good", but I do think the Arians getting sick was a bigger thing that people gave it credit.

I haven't seen two sentences back to back that I so strongly disagree with, while agreeing with the very next thing. No one is going to buy that the SB champs "weren't that good", but I do think the Arians getting sick was a bigger thing that people gave it credit.

No really, the Ravens backed into the playoffs. Ray Lewis announces retirement and all of a sudden they're playing good? I don't buy it one bit

No really, the Ravens backed into the playoffs. Ray Lewis announces retirement and all of a sudden they're playing good? I don't buy it one bit

They won the Super Bowl, I dunno what other metric there is. 

I get that they were a few players away from being the .500 squad they are now, but (my least favorite cliche') it is what it is.

OMG I am so nervous... I wasn't this way last year. I think I'm nervous because we actually have a chance this year. I heart the colts.

I hear ya. I think we win but it's nerve wracking since we are at home and nobody wants to lose a home playoff game. And we are favorites...be it not a heavy Vegas favorite (1 to 3 points everywhere I have looked) but favorites at home nonetheless vs. a team we had our way with a few weeks ago.

So if we win this game I think people will feel much better getting this win off our backs and then going back to house money again vs. Denver/NE.

I think the Ravens were a good team last year who sometimes got caught in a slump. No doubt though the Ray Lewis thing sparked them with new life and Arians being out was an underrated aspect IMO for our loss. But, I didn't feel too bad losing that game when I thought it over later and we had our share of road struggles last season. We had an unexpected Cinderella season at times and I think we all knew deep down we had an expiration date coming eventually.

This year is a bit different, I think deep down we all hope/expect to win this game at the very least even if we lose sometime later.

So with expectations comes more anxiety at times I think. And a bigger let down should we lose.

Again though I think we beat the Chiefs. :)

Yeah, we just could not put 7s on the board...so many trips to the red zone ending in 3s and 0s.

Every prediction in the world will not alter either teams execution one.............little.............bit.

Each coaches attention to detail during the preparation phase and every players effort and attention to detail on game day is what will decide the match.

Yet every week....we end up in this same predictionment.  ;)

Clinton Portis & Stephen A. Smith were the only ones I knew of that picked us to win

Skip Bayless predicts the Chiefs get back to their 9-0 form starting with a win at the Oil drum 21-17

Stephen A Smith predicts a 24-20 :colts: win

Exactly, I heard multiple-dozens picking the Chiefs.  I have heard ranges of scores from 3 points to we get killed.  Some have us losing by 30 or so points as well.  It's true that it will be very difficult for the Colts to get a victory over this team a second time, even if at home.  But stranger things have happened.  Like for example, there is this dude who makes a very good living at building tree-houses.  No lie.

Having J. Huston back will definitely make the Chief's passrush much better this time around so the O-line is going to have to work very hard to keep Luck off his back.  I think running against this team is going to be much harder also as they're going to have real knowledge of the matchups this time around.  In the end, this matchup is going to be very tough and you can bet the Chief's aren't going to turn the ball over 4 times.  KC is also coming to town with something to prove and a chip on their shoulder.

We could easily lose this game so every man on that roster needs to play his heart out tomorrow.  We fans'll be rooting for them!

The Ravens had a ton of injuries in the latter part of the year, which is why they lost 4 of the last 5. They rested everyone in the last game against the Bengals , and were back at almost full strength for the playoffs. Then they got hot, along with the added inducement of the Lewis retirement. You not a bad team when you beat Luck, Manning on the road, Brady on the road, and then Kap . This team should have won in 2011, except for the blundering of Lee Evans and Billy Cundiff. 2012 was the end of the line for that particular group of Ravens. The window shut with a Super Bowl, and the rebuilding got started this year.