Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahmad Bradshaw... whats his destiny?

joro2803

What will happen to him? Cut? Traded? stay? He played exellent when he played, But the injuries is an issue. Had he been healthy all year I think he would have been the starter at RB and It would be no big deal, because he has talent. But it seems like he cant stay healthy.... is he worth the risk?

I would like to see him stay however I would also like to see Brown stay as he is finally starting to reach his potential.  As I mentioned in a different post if we were able to keep all four RB's ( Richardson,Vick,Brown,Bradshaw ) it would be fantastic however as someone pointed out which I already knew we will not keep four on the active roster and four wouldnt make sense anyway from numbers standpoint.  My big question or issue is who do we keep I am not totally convinced about Ballard although most seem to be, I like Richardson and he will be here based on what we gave up to get him, Brown will depend on $$ I think so that pretty much leaves Bradshaw on the outside looking in.  That is too bad since when healthy that man is a beast and I think he would be helpful for the development of Richardson.

Just my 2 cents

You can't sign a guy who doesn't play, unless it's vet minimum. He'll remain unsigned until someone loses their #1 RB.

As much as I love DB, I'm not sure it makes sense to sign him either. We're going to have some very tough choices in the next couple years. We can't have too much money tied up in replaceable players.

You can't resign a guy at this position, who runs with abandon, and who has had a surgery for a neck injury that has been described as similar to Peyton Mannings. Can he rehabilitate it probably yes. Will he successfully return to play long term like Manning (QB) or end up like Chris Spielman (LB) preseason and done? It is the latter.

What will happen to him? Cut? Traded? stay? He played exellent when he played, But the injuries is an issue. Had he been healthy all year I think he would have been the starter at RB and It would be no big deal, because he has talent. But it seems like he cant stay healthy.... is he worth the risk?

he won't be resigned he is a FA after the season is completely over

Bradshaw could be re-signed to a similar cap-friendly contract like he signed in 2013. Personally, I think they should look in another direction. I know it's not going to happen, but I would like to see MJD in a Colts uniform,

MJD seriously? Dude's a bum now. Tires are worn out on that car

I would like to see him stay however I would also like to see Brown stay as he is finally starting to reach his potential.  As I mentioned in a different post if we were able to keep all four RB's ( Richardson,Vick,Brown,Bradshaw ) it would be fantastic however as someone pointed out which I already knew we will not keep four on the active roster and four wouldnt make sense anyway from numbers standpoint.  My big question or issue is who do we keep I am not totally convinced about Ballard although most seem to be, I like Richardson and he will be here based on what we gave up to get him, Brown will depend on $$ I think so that pretty much leaves Bradshaw on the outside looking in.  That is too bad since when healthy that man is a beast and I think he would be helpful for the development of Richardson.

Just my 2 cents

how could you not be convinced on ballard? almost a 1,000 yards last year and the first game or most of the first game should i say, he had over 60 yards rushing. he was picking up where he left off last year. him richardson and brown would give us our starter, our power back and change of pace back. or we could just dump ballard, and not resign brown and bradshaw and sign chris johnson or MJD to go a long with richardson lol

chris johnson would be a decent addition though. the titans are expected to release him.

We have Trent Richardson. That's our #1 RB heading into next year.

Trent Richardson

Vick Ballard (maybe. No idea how he'll be off an ACL injury)

Donald Brown/Boom Herron/Draft Pick

I only see us carrying 3 into the season. But with our injury luck, we'll see more

how could you not be convinced on ballard? almost a 1,000 yards last year and the first game or most of the first game should i say, he had over 60 yards rushing. he was picking up where he left off last year. him richardson and brown would give us our starter, our power back and change of pace back. or we could just dump ballard, and not resign brown and bradshaw and sign chris johnson or MJD to go a long with richardson lol

I didnt say dump him.  He had less than 850 yds that is not 1000 unless I forgot how to count.  He had 3 fumbles which is actually not bad but he had one year and people on this board think he is Jim Brown or something.  I wish we could keep them all but that is a pipe dream.  I think we have our backfield not doubt but my point was he is not the second coming based on one season and one game.  Coming off an injury such as his he may or may not ever be the same. 

According to Chip Kelly, destiny is a set of pre-determined events, so no one can predict it, so "there you go", pointless talking about it.

He has screws in his leg and that will be part of his destiny, that is all I can say. :)

Contrary to what you'd expect, those screws in his leg (or foot, which is it exactly?) had nothing to do with him missing most of this year. He sat out camp and preseason because of it, but he got shut down because of the neck injury, which was really weird. 

Either way, I don't think Bradshaw figures into the Colts plans moving forward. Thanks for the great game against the Niners, and safe travels.

Bradshaw is a FA looking for a job and looking for some dollars.

This from Rotoworld:

Impending free agent Ahmad Bradshaw (neck, injured reserve) plans to play in 2014.

"That's the plan," Bradshaw said. "Get ready for next season." According to Bradshaw, there's a chance he could have already been back on the field had he not been placed on injured reserve. Bradshaw is still only 27, and boasts a career 4.6 yards per carry. However, he has serious foot and neck issues to his name, and is going to have trouble landing guaranteed money in free agency, just like he did in 2013.

FWIW

He's a special running back when he's healthy, if he's still got it. He'll turn in at least a few good games for someone next year.

That is the key. Offer him an incentive-laden contract, and see what happens. If you watch the film of him, he is better at hitting the hole and bursting into the 2nd level better than any of our other backs. (Ballard is exempt as I didn't see enough of him) Runs angry. Always has.

I didnt say dump him.  He had less than 850 yds that is not 1000 unless I forgot how to count.  He had 3 fumbles which is actually not bad but he had one year and people on this board think he is Jim Brown or something.  I wish we could keep them all but that is a pipe dream.  I think we have our backfield not doubt but my point was he is not the second coming based on one season and one game.  Coming off an injury such as his he may or may not ever be the same. 

never said he was a 1,000 yard back last year. said he almost had 1,000 yards