Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rookies and 1st year players

TheJACKCOLT

Rookies and 1st year players were coming up big in Texans game.

Hugh Thornton had his best game as a pro Sunday. Sitting out and watching really paid off for Thornton. He was dominant yesterday in the run and pass game, against some big time players (Watts and Smith) the best I've seen him play, he was a mauler pulling, and stoning his man in pass protection, I hope this level of play continues

Griff Whalen was balling as a receiver and returner, if we can get this kind of production out of whalen, with the emergence of Rogers and Brazill WR will no longer be a question mark, and could be a position of strength. It's amazing what a difference a couple of weeks can make. We just needed a couple of weeks for Luck to get some timing down with the new weapons, and over the shock of losing Wayne. Losing Wayne (the security blanket) has forced Luck to spread it around a little more and now it's starting to pay off. He just had to get through the rough part of getting acclimated to the new WR's. Big game for Whalen.

Josh Mcnary looks like he could become a real find. He has had a huge impact in the pass defense the last couple of weeks. He has become our other ILB in obvious passing situations. Very good blitzer, fast and powerful and seems to have a real good feel for how to time the blitz. His blitzing up the middle has already forced interceptions and numerous bad throws by opposing QB's. He also has great closing speed on the check down passes and really lays the wood, whenever blitzing or closing on check downs. I believe Mcnary is going to be a big time player for years to come. We are watching a star in the making. What a find by Grigson

Bjorn Werner He just gets better every week. He looks much more comfortable now and is thinking less and just playing football now. Sunday was his best game as a pro also. I think we are starting to see what Grigson saw when he drafted him. He has a really good first step and if he will just keep that motor running through out the play he could be special. He is leaps and bounds above where he was the 1st half of the season (to bad he was injured) as he is really starting to make plays in both the pass and run defense, good game sunday

Montori Hughes just like Werner, the more he plays the better he gets, he is starting to show up in games now without me having to look for him. He is playing at NT and DE both and getting some quality playing time at both. Incredible athlete for a man his size and at times shows flashes of what he could be. He too had his best game as a pro Sunday

Josh Chapman is getting more and more playing time, even though he doesn't offer much as far as pass rush, he is stout against the run and does just what he is asked to do and a couple of times Sunday I seen him blow up a couple of plays with penetration forcing the ball carrier to go in a different direction, if you watch him he constantly does this a couple of times a game, but it seems to go unnoticed. He had a good game Sunday.

Nixon didn't do anything great Sunday, but being able to come in and start in a pinch like he did is a huge plus, and he did as good a job, or better than Mcglynn has done at guard. Making himself valuable in the future if nothing else, he had a few rough spots, but overall considering the situation not to bad.

Darick Rogers even though he didn't have the big stats that he had last week all the attention he warranted from the Texans defense, opened up the field for the other guys, he still had a couple of good catches and is a big threat with the ball in his hands as he is always looking for yards after the catch. The respect the Texans were showing him after just two weeks in incredible.

Overall a very good game for the rookies and 1st year players and it can only get better going forward. If this trend continues we could be that team, that gets hot at just the right time, a lot of things will have to fall in place, but I've seen stranger thing happen, and if nothing else we are headed in the right direction.

Ikr I'm really hoping we fix the line cause if so we could potentially have a really good offense

What? That was the best we've seen Trent run all year, they did fix the line man. Did you see much from Watt like you did last year all up on Luck?... No you didn't. They played very well on the line this past weekend and if they can keep that up, they will do very well in the playoffs. That was the OL I've been looking for all year, and best work I've seen from their linebackers. Great game. Let's hope they do that and more against KC.

What? That was the best we've seen Trent run all year, they did fix the line man. Did you see much from Watt like you did last year all up on Luck?... No you didn't. They played very well on the line this past weekend and if they can keep that up, they will do very well in the playoffs. That was the OL I've been looking for all year, and best work I've seen from their linebackers. Great game. Let's hope they do that and more against KC.

The line didn't play any better. We just called better run plays. Which kind of bothers me, because we could have been doing this the last two months, rather than forcing a man blocking scheme that wasn't working.

No what we did was get by with what we got McGlynn shouldn't be our center for the future and I think we need another guard in case Thomas has injury problems again he's already had 2 season ending surgeries

No what we did was get by with what we got McGlynn shouldn't be our center for the future and I think we need another guard in case Thomas has injury problems again he's already had 2 season ending surgeries

I never thought I'd say this, but I miss punctuation.

I don't give a rats butt about punctuation we don't say it aloud when we talk in person ppl know wat your point is the damn grammar police on the Internet is a joke

In a way, you actually do. When you speak, you have natural pauses or breaks as you articulate your various points. Punctuation helps give those a written form. Of course, you've already stated that it doesn't matter to you.

I know people who actually talk in run-on sentences. I quit listening after a while. It's too much for my brain to process without a break.

I don't give a rats butt about punctuation we don't say it aloud when we talk in person ppl know wat your point is the damn grammar police on the Internet is a joke

Yeah, until you get a knock on your door:

grammar-police-arrest-this-man.gif?w=500

I don't follow people around correcting their (they're, or there) grammar on the Internet, but it's hard to read posts that have absolutely no punctuation. It's even harder to take those posts seriously. There (they're, or their) is nothing difficult about throwing a period or a comma in your post every 10 words or so. 

Nice to see an optimistic post!  To me, it seems like the Colts could be one of those teams that comes together at just the right time.  The last time the Colts did that, the D came together with the return of Bob Sanders and the team won the SB...

A few people have already responded, and I agree with them.  I'll only add - If people can't understand what you're saying, what is the point of posting?

The line didn't play any better. We just called better run plays. Which kind of bothers me, because we could have been doing this the last two months, rather than forcing a man blocking scheme that wasn't working.

The line played waaaaay better than it has recently. It did help the run since we spread the Defense out with a wider formation or 3-4 receiver sets. 

put the grammer police on ignore, it works for me, also a good place for name callers and trouble makers. If a poster is rude to you the ignore button will not let you see their remarks.it will make the forum a more enjoyable place for you.let them post to a blank wall.

maybe it's just team speak but Reggie Wayne said on his show that it was the exact same game plan from when they played the Texans before and that they just executed better early.

With that said it was pretty clear by the fourth quarter the Texans had quit and that might have had something to do with it.

maybe it's just team speak but Reggie Wayne said on his show that it was the exact same game plan from when they played the Texans before and that they just executed better early.

With that said it was pretty clear by the fourth quarter the Texans had quit and that might have had something to do with it.

That might be the case. That first Texans game went off the rails early, with the defensive mistakes and the special teams mistakes. And it was the first game without Reggie, so the offense was understandably off balance.

We did throw the ball a lot to begin that game. But the run plays early in that game were different, lots more between the tackles from power formations.