Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Bengals beat Colts

danlhart87

True, but the season was young then and the Colts were on the rise. Not the death spiral they've appeared to be in at times over the past month.

They're not in a death spiral. Sure they haven't been playing well, but this team is resilient. They can beat anyone. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately this is nowhere near the same team that beat San Fran, Seattle and Denver earlier in the year.  Injuries have left the Colts a depleted shell of themselves. Luck is regressing because he has no protection and is also now having to play without his security blanket...Reggie.  Our running game on the field in no way mirrors the image that our coaches have in their mind.  The only ones who perceive us as a "power" running team right now are Pagano and his staff.   True our record benefits from those wins earlier in the season and that will likely help get the Colts to the post season but the way this team is comprised at the moment they are not built to go far once they get there.  Hence the perceived "pessimism" around here.

I think the team has fight in them though.  The coaching isn't great, but a lot of the onus falls on the players as well.  They aren't executing properly.  Every team has injuries.  While the power running game isn't there, Brown has been running well.  I'm personally more concerned about the defense, than the offense.  But for the most part, this is the same defense that held the Broncos in check.  I think we still have the potential to beat any team, but that's if the defense can improve its play to what it was earlier in the year

I think the team has fight in them though.  The coaching isn't great, but a lot of the onus falls on the players as well.  They aren't executing properly.  Every team has injuries.  While the power running game isn't there, Brown has been running well.  I'm personally more concerned about the defense, than the offense.  But for the most part, this is the same defense that held the Broncos in check.  I think we still have the potential to beat any team, but that's if the defense can improve its play to what it was earlier in the year

I actually have more hope for the defense getting better than the offense.  At least the defense has a few guys out like Toler who should be back eventually.  The key guys missing from the offense won't be back this season so unfortunately we are stuck with what is out there.