Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recenty added Players' Roles

Caleb3502

What roles to you see from the players we have added over the past couple weeks.  Such as Corey Lynch, McNary, and Rogers.  What role on the team is the best and would help the team the most. 

T Xavier Nixon

OLB/DE Daniel Adongo

ILB Josh McNary

WR Da'Rick Rogers

S Corey Lynch

HB/RS Chris Rainey

Also, should Nixon get a crack at the starting line since most of our lineman can't handle playing in the NFL.  Also, should Adongo be activated this week and get in on ST and situational pass rushing? 

What roles to you see from the players we have added over the past couple weeks.  Such as Corey Lynch, McNary, and Rogers.  What role on the team is the best and would help the team the most. 

T Xavier Nixon = Backup, but with the way our o-line looks I wouldn't mind him having a shot.

OLB/DE Daniel Adongo = I think he will be in on STs we just lost 2 STs guys to IR.

ILB Josh McNary = He was already in and he impressed so I think he gets more and more time to show what he can do.

WR Da'Rick Rogers = After DHB dropped that WIDE open pass I have to say/hope the WR order is now Hilton, Brazill, Rogers, DHB.

S Corey Lynch

HB/RS Chris Rainey  =  3rd RB Herron has been IRed I think Rainey will be a returner but won't be surprised to see him out there on offense.

Also, should Nixon get a crack at the starting line since most of our lineman can't handle playing in the NFL.  Also, should Adongo be activated this week and get in on ST and situational pass rushing? 

Rogers, Mcnary, Rainey are on going to play specials teams and snaps based upon success if they have some. Nixon and Lynch are insurance player in case of injury only they play. Adongo might see some special teams but it also might be because the Colts don't want to tutor him for a year on the practice squad and then have some teams with nothing to win then pluck him from our squad before he ever sees a minute of the field.

T Xavier Nixon - Depth for injury

OLB/DE Daniel Adongo - Special Teams

ILB Josh McNary - Special Teams and some snaps on defense

WR Da'Rick Rogers - More snaps on offense

S Corey Lynch - Special Teams

HB/RS Chris Rainey - Returner and limited snaps on offense

T Xavier Nixon - Depth for injury

OLB/DE Daniel Adongo - Special Teams

ILB Josh McNary - Special Teams and some snaps on defense

WR Da'Rick Rogers - More snaps on offense

S Corey Lynch - Special Teams

HB/RS Chris Rainey - Returner and limited snaps on offense

By Jove, I think you've got it!

by-jove-300x237.jpg

What roles to you see from the players we have added over the past couple weeks. Such as Corey Lynch, McNary, and Rogers. What role on the team is the best and would help the team the most.

T Xavier Nixon = Backup, but with the way our o-line looks I wouldn't mind him having a shot.

OLB/DE Daniel Adongo = I think he will be in on STs we just lost 2 STs guys to IR.

ILB Josh McNary = He was already in and he impressed so I think he gets more and more time to show what he can do.

WR Da'Rick Rogers = After DHB dropped that WIDE open pass I have to say/hope the WR order is now Hilton, Brazill, Rogers, DHB.

S Corey Lynch

HB/RS Chris Rainey = 3rd RB Herron has been IRed I think Rainey will be a returner but won't be surprised to see him out there on offense.

Also, should Nixon get a crack at the starting line since most of our lineman can't handle playing in the NFL. Also, should Adongo be activated this week and get in on ST and situational pass rushing?

You really think Nixon would get a start? lmao

Maybe try Nixon as one of the extra lineman when Pep does his "power running" formation. 

Rogers definitely should at least split HALF the reps with DHB. Or, Pep needs to be smart and only throw crossing patterns to DHB (so he can jump up and catch it since he can't catch if he doesn't jump) 

Adongo should gets some reps on ST.

McNary has already shown flashes. He should get more playing time. I'd like to see him and Freeman out there at the same time. 

Rainey. I'd like to see him catch a pass out of the backfield. Keep the D guessing. 

Lynch will only be used in a pinch. He's pretty decent, but I'd still rather have Landry out there. 

T Xavier Nixon: Unless he can play G or C, he's nothing more than a backup.

OLB/DE Daniel Adongo: He'll be getting his "Rugby" on come Sunday. Put him on kickoff & let him go knock a dome off someone's shoulders.

ILB Josh McNary: I want him out there in a base 3-4 next to Freeman. I'll take him over Pat Angerer

WR Da'Rick Rogers: Want him starting over that bum DHB

S Corey Lynch: Insurance policy

HB/RS Chris Rainey: KR & PR. I don't want Ty Hilton doing any returns. And Chris Rainey will be an option at RB now too if they wanna rotate him into our "RB by committee" thingy we have going on here

:rantoff::colts:

:funny: Maybe try Nixon as one of the extra lineman when Pep does his "power running" formation. 

Rogers definitely should at least split HALF the reps with DHB. Or, Pep needs to be smart and only throw crossing patterns to DHB (so he can jump up and catch it since he can't catch if he doesn't jump) 

Adongo should gets some reps on ST.

McNary has already shown flashes. He should get more playing time. I'd like to see him and Freeman out there at the same time. 

Rainey. I'd like to see him catch a pass out of the backfield. Keep the D guessing. 

Lynch will only be used in a pinch. He's pretty decent, but I'd still rather have Landry out there. 

I am not sure many saw that Joe Reitz was at RT during the winning drive....I am telling everyone once again...get him on the left with Castanzo and either move Thornton to RG or Link (If Healthy)  Reitz made a huge difference.

McNary has game Colts Fans...I was thrilled when we signed him.

Lynch in a pinch....Love the rap/rhyme Lolly....Maybe Lincoln Park instead of Nelly :funny: ...Heck....just turn on the mandatory Metallica and forget it :)

I am not sure many saw that Joe Reitz was at RT during the winning drive....I am telling everyone once again...get him on the left with Castanzo and either move Thornton to RG or Link (If Healthy)  Reitz made a huge difference.

McNary has game Colts Fans...I was thrilled when we signed him.

Lynch in a pinch....Love the rap/rhyme Lolly....Maybe Lincoln Park instead of Nelly :funny: ...Heck....just turn on the mandatory Metallica and forget it :)

I agree completely with your thoughts about the o-line. Not sure why Reitz hasn't been tried out on the line more this year.

S Corey Lynch

HB/RS Chris Rainey  =  3rd RB Herron has been IRed I think Rainey will be a returner but won't be surprised to see him out there on offense.

Agree with most but can Nixon play G/C? Also 'I" would put Rogers ahead of Brazill on the dc.

T Xavier Nixon - Backup

OLB/DE Daniel Adongo - Healthy Scratch. At least a couple games

ILB Josh McNary - spot starter, rotation

WR Da'Rick Rogers - Rotation / situational player.  Hopefully he spells DHB and not Brazill at this juncture.

S Corey Lynch - An ST dynamo alongside Sergio Brown.  A situational DB  (Dime package?)

HB/RS Chris Rainey - backup making a bid for some of TRich's carries

Also, should Nixon get a crack at the starting line since most of our lineman can't handle playing in the NFL.  Also, should Adongo be activated this week and get in on ST and situational pass rushing?   No, and No.