Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton now 2-0 in big games this year

oldunclemark

The first tie breaker is divisional record.

The first tiebreaker is the head to head matchup(s). DEN won both vs KC.

Having secured first place in the division given the same W/L as KC, it then becomes a matter of beating out the other division champs for a #1 or 2 seed. In this case, Denver lost both to NE and IND.

The first tiebreaker is the head to head matchup(s). DEN won both vs KC.

Having secured first place in the division given the same W/L as KC, it then becomes a matter of beating out the other division champs for a #1 or 2 seed. In this case, Denver lost both to NE and IND.

Question: If both Colts and Pats finish 12-4 and win their division, who gets the number 2 seed?. Whats the criteria.

Question: If both Colts and Pats finish 12-4 and win their division, who gets the number 2 seed?. Whats the criteria.

Between the Colts and Pats? Since they have no head to head matchup it becomes divisional record. If the divisional record is the same it goes to common opponents.

We've won all our divisional games so far, and the Pats dropped one to the Jets. CIN owns a tiebreaker over NE as well due to their head to head matchup.

This all only applies if the Patriots lose at least one game in the last four and we win out. I doubt the Patriots lose another game given their schedule. The Ravens have an outside shot. Browns? No. Dolphins? No. Buffalo? lmao no.

Between the Colts and Pats? Since they have no head to head matchup it becomes divisional record. If the divisional record is the same it goes to common opponents.

We've won all our divisional games so far, and the Pats dropped one to the Jets. Still, I doubt the Patriots lose another game given their schedule. The Ravens have an outside shot.

It is conference record between teams not in the same division. So, it would be conference record first, common opponents and then strength of schedule.

And Colts would have the edge as two of their losses are NFC and Pats only have AFC teams left.

Bingo. Again though this is all predicated on the Pats losing one and the Colts winning out. I don't think either team loses one of their last four, but you never know.

Of both teams IND has the tougher time winning out with both CIN and KC on the slate. NE has a "maybe" with BAL but should sleepwalk through the other three.

It's a curse. He can no longer beat any team with the QB as #12.

That is why I felt good about drafting a QB wearing #12, a QB wearing #12 has won 13 SBs, most among all jersey numbers by starting NFL QBs. :)

Read this article: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ac-6725694

I find the last line real funny:

What can football fans make of this?

Aaron Rodgers is destined to be the NFL's next elite quarterback. Matt Ryan has half the magic and needs to revert to his college number as soon as possible to maximize his potential greatness.

I didn't know they already awarded Denver the #1 seed with four games to go!

Like AM said, every game in the NFL schedule is important. There are no throw-aways. That's what makes it the best sport to follow, IMO. 

Besides, all conference games are big, if you're talking about teams that will be in the postseason. If Denver stumbles just once, and if the Patriots win out, the game from a week ago Sunday night is going to be pretty... darn... big. 

The Chiefs have also fallen very hard, and very fast. They allowed more yards/game than any NFL team in November, and started off December by giving up 500+. I don't know if it was weak competition for those first nine games or if something changed, but you throw in the injuries and the sub-par performances of late and they look more like pretenders than contenders. 

You can put as much lipstick on this pig as you want but he lost in the two biggest "statement" games this year.

At Indy where everyone and their uncle (no pun intended) thought he would carve us up out of revenge and hate for the big bad Irsay.

And at NE where the annual Manning/Brady Bowl is instant bragging rights.

Beating KC and Alex Smith twice is good since it's his own division rival but it's about as sexy as us being 4-0 in our garbage division right now.

Really, Jules....???   Are you seriously calling Peyton a Pig...???   

you mean after all of these years on these Colts forums I spent all of that time drafting those long posts only to find out that all of our head to head games between the colts and pats were meaningless . . . Jesus Mary and Joseph thanks for telling me know . . . kind of wish someone warned me 10 years ago and I could have saved myself a lot of time and needless time wasted drafting posts . . . I should of been on one of them Bills forums or something . . .

I understand what you're saying, and Yes these two were Huge Wins on the way to locking up 1st in their Division, and if all goes well the the rest of the season, locking up 1st Seed for the Playoffs.      

But you can't overlook the games at NE or Indy...  Those were Definitely Big Games too, thus making it 2-2 in Big Games (and this statement is from Peyton's Biggest Fan) ;)

but the biggest games were the division games....and KC wasi undefaeted the first time...the second game  KC and Denver were tied.

it was the biggest AFC game of the year...

No on seriously thinks that Peyton beating the Colts or Denver beating the Colts was a high priority this year 

Why would Demariyus Thomas care about beating Indianapolis.

KC was on a 16-0 pace until they got to Denver...and last Sunday's game was the difference between the one seed and the five seed...

Gramz...Denver had to beat KC twice.....to be the No.1 seed.  They didn't have to beat NE and (thankfully) Indy

Media hype is great but you have to beat the 1st place team in your division...

We all know this

Really, Jules....???   Are you seriously calling Peyton a Pig...???   

lol I think you know that is an expression already. At least I hope.... :) I should have worded it better, not implying Peyton is the pig......

I mean look (this is not directed at you btw), Denver may win it all or beat us or NE in the playoffs........oldunclemarc is just putting lipstick on the piggy (which isn't Peyton) but the situation in general with beating KC twice (which is good) but losing other big statement games with AFC top dogs (not as good for Denver).

you mean after all of these years on these Colts forums I spent all of that time drafting those long posts only to find out that all of our head to head games between the colts and pats were meaningless . . . Jesus Mary and Joseph thanks for telling me know . . . kind of wish someone warned me 10 years ago and I could have saved myself a lot of time and needless time wasted drafting posts . . . I should of been on one of them Bills forums or something . . .

I don't know about you but when we beat the Jaguars I throw a private party. ;)

Just teasing ya marc.....yes beating the division rivals are great, I mean how can it not be? It's just not a sexy fun rivalry either for a lot of us to see Peyton out duel Alex Smith. And lets not lie.....you had the whole "Judgement Day" type of threads started last year before the divisional playoffs even began hoping it would be Manning vs. Brady in the AFCCG with eloquent story lines written. I don't think you cared as much to see Joe Flacco vs. Matt Schaub go at it.

If the Broncos lose one more game and the Pats win the rest of their games then the Pats get home field through out as the Pats win the tie breaker against the Broncos.  Pats have an easier schedule through out.  But I don't have a lot of confidence in my Pats on the road even against bad teams as the Texans almost beat them.

If the Broncos lose one more game and the Pats win the rest of their games then the Pats get home field through out as the Pats win the tie breaker against the Broncos. Pats have an easier schedule through out. But I don't have a lot of confidence in my Pats on the road even against bad teams as the Texans almost beat them.

Don't sleep on the Ravens