Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ben Ijalana

Manning1887

Does anyone know whatever happened to this guy? The Colts released him after the pre-season, but you can't tell me that a former 2nd round pick is worse than what we have now. Even after 2 knee injuries, I have a hard time believing he cannot contribute at guard at a higher level than who we have currently.

Does anyone know whatever happened to this guy? The Colts released him after the pre-season, but you can't tell me that a former 2nd round pick is worse than what we have now. Even after 2 knee injuries, I have a hard time believing he cannot contribute at guard at a higher level than who we have currently.

He is being shown on the jets roster last I saw.

Against 2nd & 3rd stringers Ijalana didn`t out play them, he was destroying them in the run game and did very good with his pass blocking.

For what it is worth PFF rated his pre-season play at tackle as Top 15.

He was beaten out by Pagano`s 4 (NO really) position favorite player Link.

Read something that said Ijalana (thou passed to practice and play), wasn`t working hard enough in training camp.

I would say a proven veteran would have been given more leeway on that, but not Ben with his lengthy injury history.

Reitz played pretty well beside Castonzo at LG last year in the running game and he gave up NO SACKS.
 We have witnessed something Messed Up with the O-Line Personnel management going back into last season. IMO.
 Grigson and Coach P are choosing to be loyal rather than playing the best man available.

Castonzo had manhandled his man from day 1 of his career and we could get yards running his way with the D knowing we couldn`t run anywhere else. Now we run most everything wide to Cherilus`s side, who manhandles NOONE, and we suck going there. What the crap is Pagano & Grigson doing? Killing us! But we did beat Peyton so I still Luv`em. haha! Go Colts!

A real shame as a healthy Ijalana at LT and Castonzo at right would have been Much better than what we are going to be stuck with at those positions for at least the rest of this season and next.

this team is far from great let alone good we are just lucky the defense play like crap the only person giving pressure is Mathis, Werner looks lost and walden to slow. The cb made a 2 string qb look like a star. The offense line would have been better is Ben was on the team not Magoo, and stinkteli

this team is far from great let alone good we are just lucky the defense play like crap the only person giving pressure is Mathis, Werner looks lost and walden to slow. The cb made a 2 string qb look like a star. The offense line would have been better is Ben was on the team not Magoo, and stinkteli

If you are going to give someone a nickname at least be clever.

Against 2nd & 3rd stringers Ijalana didn`t out play them, he was destroying them in the run game and did very good with his pass blocking.

For what it is worth PFF rated his pre-season play at tackle as Top 15.

He was beaten out by Pagano`s 4 (NO really) position favorite player Link.

Read something that said Ijalana (thou passed to practice and play), wasn`t working hard enough in training camp.

I would say a proven veteran would have been given more leeway on that, but not Ben with his lengthy injury history.

Reitz played pretty well beside Castonzo at LG last year in the running game and he gave up NO SACKS.

We have witnessed something Messed Up with the O-Line Personnel management going back into last season. IMO.

Grigson and Coach P are choosing to be loyal rather than playing the best man available.

Castonzo had manhandled his man from day 1 of his career and we could get yards running his way with the D knowing we couldn`t run anywhere else. Now we run most everything wide to Cherilus`s side, who manhandles NOONE, and we suck going there. What the crap is Pagano & Grigson doing? Killing us! But we did beat Peyton so I still Luv`em. haha! Go Colts!

A real shame as a healthy Ijalana at LT and Castonzo at right would have been Much better than what we are going to be stuck with at those positions for at least the rest of this season and next.

They say it takes a lot of players a while to trust their knee is solid again ... in the back of his mind he was probably thinking about what happened to him last training camp/didn't fully trust the knee yet and caused him to try to be extra careful just trying to make it to the first game. 

This is the classical half full half empty situation. Some fans will argue we are in a great place because we are a top the division with a 2 game lead how can that be a bad thing, playoffs baby!!

The other side says we are a bad 6-3 team lucky to be in a bad division with the Texans having a disastrous year.

What I see is the latter. The goal of the season is always a successful trip to the superbowl and winning it, anything less is not a successful season. So the glass half empty camp sees a team that has won some very lucky games in order to be 6-3 but doesn't have the 6-3 talent to succeed anywhere deep into the playoffs therefore it is set up to having more 1 and done playoff heart ache exits. The glass half full camp say it's the nfl and teams would die to be in the playoffs and in our position and once you get in, anything can happen and to a point, thats is a valid point.

Both sides have valid reasoning and neither is wrong, but if you disect the facts from the heart, this team doesn't carry enough talent to be a SB contender this season, too weak on the oline and very questionable at the wr spot.

This is the classical half full half empty situation. Some fans will argue we are in a great place because we are a top the division with a 2 game lead how can that be a bad thing, playoffs baby!!

The other side says we are a bad 6-3 team lucky to be in a bad division with the Texans having a disastrous year.

What I see is the latter. The goal of the season is always a successful trip to the superbowl and winning it, anything less is not a successful season. So the glass half empty camp sees a team that has won some very lucky games in order to be 6-3 but doesn't have the 6-3 talent to succeed anywhere deep into the playoffs therefore it is set up to having more 1 and done playoff heart ache exits. The glass half full camp say it's the nfl and teams would die to be in the playoffs and in our position and once you get in, anything can happen and to a point, thats is a valid point.

Both sides have valid reasoning and neither is wrong, but if you disect the facts from the heart, this team doesn't carry enough talent to be a SB contender this season, too weak on the oline and very questionable at the wr spot.

I'm sorry your heart tells you that we suck and can't win a SB this year. But my heart says we've beaten just about every team being hailed as "SB contenders" this year, and we've got a shot against any team in the league.

If the "facts" say we can't win. What's the point in watching?

I do like how you said "both sides have valid reasoning and neither is wrong" and followed that up with "But the FACTS say those who are pessimistic are actually correct."

lmao.

They say it takes a lot of players a while to trust their knee is solid again ... in the back of his mind he was probably thinking about what happened to him last training camp/didn't fully trust the knee yet and caused him to try to be extra careful just trying to make it to the first game. 

I agree, the mostly likely scenario.

Ben has to think long term. As a Big be could have used an extra 3-4 months to get 100%.

I thought we should have put him on IR/can return. He could be out there now making the whole line better.

They like Castonzo at LT, are loyal to Satele and McGlynn. And Pagano bragged on Link as a 4 Position player.

Grade F

I'm sorry your heart tells you that we suck and can't win a SB this year. But my heart says we've beaten just about every team being hailed as "SB contenders" this year, and we've got a shot against any team in the league.

If the "facts" say we can't win. What's the point in watching?

I do like how you said "both sides have valid reasoning and neither is wrong" and followed that up with "But the FACTS say those who are pessimistic are actually correct."

lmao.

You watch because you enjoy the Colts in whole, the fact that you refrain from seeing the deficiencies with the team is your blind loyalty to the team. You can read whatever you want into my posts. DHB is the greatest wr in the league with the best hands in the world. I think that is the fact you're searching for so if that helps you cope, rock on.

You watch because you enjoy the Colts in whole, the fact that you refrain from seeing the deficiencies with the team is your blind loyalty to the team. You can read whatever you want into my posts. DHB is the greatest wr in the league with the best hands in the world. I think that is the fact you're searching for so if that helps you cope, rock on.

haha.

I love when people project their own issues onto you. As if you know ANYTHING about me or how I think.

But my absolute favorite is the "I know whats right because I see the unbiased truth" kind of guy. Those are my favorite. Funny thing is that they always seem to be pessimists. Maybe it's easier to be negative then try to be positive when facing adversity?

I also never would claim DHB had great hands, but we both know hyperbole is kind of your thing :).

haha.

I love when people project their own issues onto you. As if you know ANYTHING about me or how I think.

But my absolute favorite is the "I know whats right because I see the unbiased truth" kind of guy. Those are my favorite. Funny thing is that they always seem to be pessimists. Maybe it's easier to be negative then try to be positive when facing adversity?

I also never would claim DHB had great hands, but we both know hyperbole is kind of your thing :).

Wth are you saying and your stalking of my posts are becoming rather annoying, I seem to know that much about you in the past few days.

I would really like to have kept Ben, a lot of talent there in him & I like that he came back. As for his effort in training camp who is to know, but the coaches, I felt by his pre season play was very good in games, but he really wasn't given much of a chance to make the team. Seemed to me rookie free agents where given more opportunity to win a spot, I am sure he was hesitant as anyone coming off those types of injuries would have been but would have liked to keep him. I think management wasn't sure he could stay healthy and picked Link & Reitz over him? I hope Ben does find the field & plays well at some point in his career!