Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis

krunk

Both times he got beat by Austin he knew he was not going to catch him. Nobody on our roster is fast enough to run him down and catch him. Sure jogging didn't look like he was giving any effort at all, but when Austin can accelerate faster than Davis and has better top speed than Davis once Austin gets started and has space it's already over.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 10, 2013 - trolling
Hidden by Nadine, November 10, 2013 - trolling

Today I saw the worst CB in the game. Could he cover...NO. Cold he tackle.....No. Could he make a play....No. What a pathetic CB. You know....the Colts could have gave me his paycheck and I could do the same thing. Davis should be cut from our roster. He cant do anything right. Put in Butler or hell some un-drafted piece of crap. Anyone can do better than this guy. Why in the hell did we trade for him??? He has been a disgrace to the Colts jersey since day one. Cut this loser and lets move on. 

What's going on with him lately? Are these defensive miscommunications or why does it seem he is getting beat lately?  I don't know what the deal is, I'm scratching my head.

i agree ever since broncos game hes gone downhill

Teams have figured out the screen passes with the picks. each time Davis is being picked by other WR's leaving his guy open short up the middle on slant routes. man coverage will kill you on those types of plays. Houston did it a few times also. 

Today I saw the worst CB in the game. Could he cover...NO. Cold he tackle.....No. Could he make a play....No. What a pathetic CB. You know....the Colts could have gave me his paycheck and I could do the same thing. Davis should be cut from our roster. He cant do anything right. Put in Butler or hell some un-drafted piece of crap. Anyone can do better than this guy. Why in the hell did we trade for him??? He has been a disgrace to the Colts jersey since day one. Cut this loser and lets move on. 

okay he had one very bad game. what is the excuse for the safeties and the offensive line?? you want to cut them too? Better yet lets just cut the whole team and bring up the practice squad an have them play both ways

Not sure if serious....if you are, you are, please step away from the keyboard. He's had a few bad games, but dude has been solid since late last season. I don't know what you're watching. He was bad today, but in the past few games there were plays he defended perfectly, and the QB just made a perfect throw...it happens. Maybe he's dinged up, but I think not having Toler on the other side is hurting too.

I think what is going on with our secondary is that we played the game against the Broncos and the Colts secondary was show cased as never coming out of their man defense no matter what the other team did on national TV for every OC we play to see. So the Texans figured out away to attack it, throw it long and get behind the corner.  The Rams copied it.  So now it's up to the Colts coaches to adjust and maybe realizing mixing in a zone defense here or there wouldn't be a bad thing. 

I can only assume you're being sarcastic.  You should include something in the post that shows it's sarcasm otherwise it just looks foolish if taken seriously.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, November 10, 2013 - trolling
Hidden by Nadine, November 10, 2013 - trolling

For some reason Davis could not figure out that they are throwing the ball to his side. I wonder why............I know because he is slow and cant cover worth the %!!! The guy is just a terrible player its simple.  

Both times he got beat by Austin he knew he was not going to catch him. Nobody on our roster is fast enough to run him down and catch him. Sure jogging didn't look like he was giving any effort at all, but when Austin can accelerate faster than Davis and has better top speed than Davis once Austin gets started and has space it's already over.

Exactly. His strength is press coverage and keeping contact with his opponent.

He will have trouble sleeping before games with a blazing speed matchup.

Their QB did much better getting rid of the ball short to his open receivers. Andrew LOVES the lower % 20 yarder.GL

On the deep TD it seemed to me when he turned around so sluggishly it was like he was expecting safety help or something.  The one against Houston I know was a double move.  Whether it is him making mistakes, or just bad communication with the safeties it needs to be fixed real soon.  He's going to have to be very resilient because now teams are coming after him.