Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wednesday Injury Report

HtownColt

Things to keep an eye on as the week progresses.

Starting linebacker Robert Mathis (shoulder), running back Trent Richardson (ankle), guard Hugh Thornton (calf) and cornerback Greg Toler (groin) did not practice. Thornton was wearing a walking boot at practice. Colts coach Chuck Pagano said Toler, who missed last Sunday's game at Houston, is questionable for Sunday's game against the St. Louis Rams.

Defensive tackle Josh Chapman (knee), cornerback Josh Gordy (groin) and safety Delano Howell (neck) also missed the game against the Texans and didn't practice Wednesday.

Receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey (shoulder) and linebacker Cam Johnson (knee) both were full participants in practice.

@gmbremer: Pagano didn't mention any of those 3 injuries during his afternoon news conference. #Colts

Meaning Mathis, Richardson and Thornton..guess Pagano feels ok about them being ready for Sunday if he didn't even mention them, he normally names everybody that has an injury

Thornton has been playing so poorly I would like him to have a little time on the pine.

I still have the higest expectations for him, but I would say he is has clearly shown he is just not ready to be starting.

Take a few weeks off to heal up and get mentally freshened up.

I disagree with that I don't think he has played that bad when you look at it its the C and the RG that hasn't lived up to expectations.

Thornton has been playing so poorly I would like him to have a little time on the pine.

I still have the higest expectations for him, but I would say he is has clearly shown he is just not ready to be starting.

Take a few weeks off to heal up and get mentally freshened up.

Who would replace him?  Link?  We know how that story ends.  Reitz?  He was apparently beat out by Link as the 6th lineman last week.

Yes, Thorton is a work in progress, but he's the best we have right now.

Who would replace him?  Link?  We know how that story ends.  Reitz?  He was apparently beat out by Link as the 6th lineman last week.

Yes, Thorton is a work in progress, but he's the best we have right now.

Ya I know. I would think Reitz who was ok last year beside Castonzo. Reitz sure hasn`t been able to look good out on the end.

Doesn`t matter tho, these guys will stick with Thornton. I mean they kept & started Olson and dumped a better Center.

Maybe Link could give us a not terrible day for a game. haha!

JMO of course but Thornton has looked bad, a bit Lost for a few weeks. Just think he could use a break and regroup. A long season for a Rook. He has had a heavy burden trying to succeed with Satele & McGlynn doing their Thing!

More Screens... more anything Wide! :rock:

Maybe more keeping 7 in to block, with late releases when appropriate. We saw some good ones last game and can bet they are working on the screens real had now. Yeehaa!

I am not like so many of these impatient whatevers. I think you BUILD an offense and it takes time. Pep started from the GROUND up, which i get. You grind it out, get it on tape, and work on it.  Protect the ball, increase time of possesion to help the D, as you add diversity/execution week after week. Sound as the pound as is said.

Richardson has looked so slow getting to the line, but looked like greased lightning when he caught those screens.

I do believe he is the guy we saw in college. He may not become some top 3, elusive RB, but when we get better personel I think he will make us very happy.

We have Much to be smiling about a season and a half into The Build.

http://www.colts.com/team/injury-report.html

Two days now that Richardson hasn't practiced. If he can't go, who gets the touches out of the backfield? I know Donald Brown would be the starter, but do we have any other ball carriers on the active roster right now? I guess Stanley Havili can get some touches, and Dan Herron presumably can run the ball (had some nice runs in the preseason for the Bengals, but hasn't done anything in a real game).