Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trent's Breakout?

Bluefire4

Do you say some of this stuff for shock value or what :scratch:

No, Emmitt had one of the best offensive line's the game has ever seen.  look up their college numbers, they had very similar capabilities in college and both translated from college to the NFL the same way from a scouting standpoint.  Emmitt had a bit more rushing yards but Trent had additional duties as a kick returner and had over 700 yards for his career in that alone. They both played 3 years of college ball for their respective schools.  I feel that if we had an above average offensive line, TRich could do marvelous things.  We are only two better (than we have now) players away from an above average o-line IMO.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/02/trent_richardson_is_more_skill.html

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/emmitt-smith-1.html

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/trent-richardson-1.html

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree....Donald Brown finished with negative yards, Luck could barely get a pass off.  How are we gonna run the ball when the line gives you zero time?  I had a feeling that Luck would have some trouble back there, they were second in the league in sacks coming in........  I just did not know it was gonna be that bad, next year we need some offensive lineman.  Donald Thomas would not have made that much of a difference....I am for DaRick Rogers coming up, anything to give this offense a spark, I think we have a extra CB or two on the roster because of Toler's injury. 

A good RB can make an offensive line look good.  Just like a good QB who can make good reads and get the ball out quickly can make an o-line look good. 

That can be true to an extent (more so the quarterback than running back). Peyton doesn't need as much time as your average quarterback because he can make quick reads and get rid of the ball fast making the line look better. That doesn't mean you can grab five guys on the street and be ok. At some point it will come back to hurt you. Look at the beating Manning has taken since Clady went down.

I wanna say that Trent is overrated as well, but it wouldn't be fair. Our O-line is absolutely horrible, Luck himself is being hit second most in the entire league tied with Cleveland with 71 (Buffalo's in first with 73) and those are two teams the Colts do NOT wanna be compared with. I say lets stop blaming the players and start blaming the coordinators. We're wayyy too predictable. How well do you expect Trent to do when the D can read our runplay from a mile away. We need to change our playbook, and formations up. Teams look at our replays and its so easy to predict, unless we had an awesome recieving core, to open up the draw play a bit other than that we're going no where.

I wanna say that Trent is overrated as well, but it wouldn't be fair. Our O-line is absolutely horrible, Luck himself is being hit second most in the entire league tied with Cleveland with 71 (Buffalo's in first with 73) and those are two teams the Colts do NOT wanna be compared with. I say lets stop blaming the players and start blaming the coordinators. We're wayyy too predictable. How well do you expect Trent to do when the D can read our runplay from a mile away. We need to change our playbook, and formations up. Teams look at our replays and its so easy to predict, unless we had an awesome recieving core, to open up the draw play a bit other than that we're going no where.

LOL...so you say the oline is horrible and then say its the playcalling...

FYI the playcalling is perfect.  It is making plays happen.  The coach's understand this is a marathon not a sprint.  Also it would help if Luck would get his head out of his butt and throw balls that can be caught.  His receivers may drop but what's the excuse when they receiver doesn't get a chance.

All in all though I agree that the O-Line is the problem.  We have a weakness in the middle and it effects the rest of the offense in a very bad way.

One thing that leads me to believe richardson is not any good,were we not running the ball very well with bradshaw?This is the same lousy o--line?

He had ONE game where he looked all world. The San Fran game, and McGlynn was the center. Let's settle down with the Bradshaw comparisons.

Keep making excuses. Bottom line is the Browns received a treasured 1st round pick for a guy that is producing similarly to Willis McGahee. The Browns got drilled nationally for making this trade, but as it turns out, they are getting the better of the deal. All I keep hearing are excuses for Trent. You guys have to be harder on player like this. Not coddle them. We used to blame our offensive line as well, but I can tell you that after watching Trent run behind our offensive line, that there doesn't appear to be much of a difference in production between him and McGahee and/or Ogbayanna. There is no excuse for that. Guys like AP run like madmen on bad teams. For a 1st rounder, that's what you should be getting. Stop excusing him, and start demanding better.

Bottom line is you're still the Browns and still losers. Enjoy the first round pick.... and another decade of irrelevance

While hardly a huge sampling bradshaw had 41 carries for 186 yrds a 4.5 per carry.And 2 tds.He hit the line hard where as trent looks unsure.Oh and 2 rings guy was a winner .

No, dude is a flat out beast who runs like a crazed animal. But people keep saying Bradshaw/Ballard did this and that and it's apples and oranges.

I don't think Trent is a bust. But I do think he can run with more passion. Which may be hard when you're getting hit as soon as you get the ball.

No, dude is a flat out beast who runs like a crazed animal. But people keep saying Bradshaw/Ballard did this and that and it's apples and oranges.

I don't think Trent is a bust. But I do think he can run with more passion. Which may be hard when you're getting hit as soon as you get the ball.

Hope your right that he's not a bust,lol in fantasy league last year was saying how he was gonna be a beast.

Hope your right that he's not a bust,lol in fantasy league last year was saying how he was gonna be a beast.

Yeah, we'll see that answers a lot. Not to single you out at all but I think a lot of people few players based of stats and fantasy league. I absolutely hate fantasy league cause it makes it about the #'s instead of the actual football. IMO of course. People are so stuck on stats they refuse to take into account the total reason behind stats. Like how our line was absolutely horrible against the Rams and he only gained 2 yards, but Brown gained -1. But somehow Trent is a bust. Even the great AP has been getting % down this year. I don't blame it all on the line either. It's up to the OC to game plan and run plays that are to our strengths, not our weakness. We've heard time and time again about not jamming a square peg in a round hole but we've done that all year with our offense.

Well, that was mean. I wasn't ripping the Colts or the Colts fans at all.

Yeah, you're just here to shine the light on us lost Colts fans on how stupid a decision our gm made. How kind of you to take the time and sign up on our forum and do the Lord's work. Keep fighting the good fight

Yeah, we'll see that answers a lot. Not to single you out at all but I think a lot of people few players based of stats and fantasy league. I absolutely hate fantasy league cause it makes it about the #'s instead of the actual football. IMO of course. People are so stuck on stats they refuse to take into account the total reason behind stats. Like how our line was absolutely horrible against the Rams and he only gained 2 yards, but Brown gained -1. But somehow Trent is a bust. Even the great AP has been getting % down this year. I don't blame it all on the line either. It's up to the OC to game plan and run plays that are to our strengths, not our weakness. We've heard time and time again about not jamming a square peg in a round hole but we've done that all year with our offense.

No blame placed on Richardson although the All 22 says he deserves plenty of it?

Perhaps. But that 1st-round pick the Browns stole from you might go a long way in changing that. Who knows, maybe they'll find the next Reggie Wayne.....

Yeah, perhaps........

Nah, who are we kidding. You guys will still suck. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go take the Cleveland Browns to the Super Bowl..... That was a 'poop' joke, in case you didn't catch it

Plenty of what? He rushed the ball 5 times and next thing you know we're down 28-0. How'd Brown do? Oh yeah -1

Im not talking about 1 game where we had to throw it alot to at least try to stay in the game, Im talking about the previous games he has been here, Try and stay with me here

Im not talking about 1 game where we had to throw it o at least try to stay in the game, I talking about the previous games he has been here, Try and stay with me here

Oh sorry coach Gavin. No he has plenty to be blamed also. Don't want to even say what I see as I'm afraid I'll just be making more excuses for the kid. But hey, you remember that one game Bradshaw ran like a beast? With McGlynn at center even.

Yeah, perhaps........

Nah, who are we kidding. You guys will still suck. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta go take the Cleveland Browns to the Super Bowl..... That was a 'poop' joke, in case you didn't catch it

The Browns are 4-1 when Hoyer/Campbell start (the one loss being by 6 on the road to an undefeated KC team).

I imagine they feel pretty good about the direction they're headed.

And yes, I got your joke. I also got it 30 years ago when I was 5.

The Browns are 4-1 when Hoyer/Campbell start (the one loss being by 6 on the road to an undefeated KC team).

Cause of your defense. Not cause of your running game that's for sure.

Oh sorry coach Gavin. No he has plenty to be blamed also. Don't want to even say what I see as I'm afraid I'll just be making more excuses for the kid. But hey, you remember that one game Bradshaw ran like a beast? With McGlynn at center even.

Im just sayin that our O line is partialy to blame, a big part but not all, Yesterday was about just trying to keep the game close....did not happen clearly

Im just sayin that our O line is partialy to blame, a big part but not all, Yesterday was about just trying to keep the game close....did not happen clearly

Yesterday, ugh. I don't even want to remember yesterday. It takes a well oiled machine to run right. To run real well and get the most horsepower. We have a four cylinder, running off 3 in a 1964 Chevy impala. Limping along at best.

He had ONE game where he looked all world. The San Fran game, and McGlynn was the center. Let's settle down with the Bradshaw comparisons.

Not to start any debate because I'm done with it but... You know Trent is disappointing when he doesn't even have 2x the yardage in 9 games that Ahmad Bradshaw had in 2 games. 

Not to start any debate because I'm done with it but... You know Trent is disappointing when he doesn't even have 2x the yardage in 9 games that Ahmad Bradshaw had in 2 games.

If you remember he was splitting carries with Bradshaw. We destroyed them no doubt and Bradshaws passion was a big part of that. And mclgynn being at center? I am very disappointed in Trent, the oline and peps play calling. It's not all on Trent though. Like a lot would like you to believe.

The problem I have with this is that I told people when we traded for Richardson that it wouldn't make a difference because we needed to upgrade our O-line first before any RB was going to make any kind of an impact. In turn, people threw a fit saying Richardson was a beast and a superstar RB and would make an immediate impact. Now many of those very same people are blaming the O-line for Richardson's failure's and saying he don't have a chance behind our o-line. So which is it? people can't have it both ways, what happened to him being such a beast and creating his own holes and running over people? BTW, Brown only had 2 carries yesterday so saying anything about his performance in that game is ridiculous. Brown has been far better than Richardson so far and there is absolutely no arguing that point.

Yeah, and we're undefeated when all our starters play. Your point?

And while the joke may be old, it is still very much relevant. Lol