Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

where are the nay sayers now/Again, its not over until its over (merge)

tfunky14

Busy picking our jaws up off the floor.  The Colts have figured out the Texans in the second half on both sides of the ball AND the Texans are not riding the emotion like they were in the first half and I don't think any of us can guess at the impact of Kubiak going down had on them.  With that said it's NOT over yet. 

The "nay sayers" are all out making their plans to go to Canton when Trent Richardson is enshrined. Could be the greatest back in NFL history.

While a bunch of us defend him no one has said anything close. You're just grasping for straws now.

Great comeback for the team and obviously Lucks legend continues to grow. However, we have to at least acknowledge that their offense went totally Vanilla after Kubiak went down at halftime.

The biggest thing I take away from this game is Lucks ability to put this team on his back and will us to victory in the fourth quarter of games we SHOULD lose.

I wouldn't go that far. 

This Kubiak thing is a huge dark cloud over the game

Meh...

Game could of easily been 10-14 at half if Colts get that fumble...

Kubiak surely effected the team, but the Texans could've rallied for Coach, but didn't....

Some wins come in different forms, no all nice & pretty...

I'll take a ugly road win any day...

I loved the moves Grigson made last year but he and the coaching staff have made a lot of stupid decisions this year. Trent trade, sticking with McGlynn/Satele/DHB, the Hughes/Sheppard trade, cutting talented players like Guy while leaving other less talented players who haven't produced on the roster, the insistence of running the football constantly without the pieces on the o-line to do it effectively... the list goes on. And even worse than all of that is, they continue to be validated and given pardon because we're winning in spite of it. If Andrew Luck wasn't on this roster, their poor decisions would be a lot more glaring right now.....

But I know, I know, 6-2 , baby!!

I loved the moves Grigson made last year but he and the coaching staff have made a lot of stupid decisions this year. Trent trade, sticking with McGlynn/Satele/DHB, the Hughes/Sheppard trade, cutting talented players like Guy while leaving other less talented players who haven't produced on the roster, the insistence of running the football constantly without the pieces on the o-line to do it effectively... the list goes on. And even worse than all of that is, they continue to be validated and given pardon because we're winning in spite of it. If Andrew Luck wasn't on this roster, their poor decisions would be a lot more glaring right now.....

But I know, I know, 6-2 , baby!!

Everyone has their opinions but I like the Trent trade, the O-line made adjustments in the second half and protect Luck well against one of the best pass rushing front line in the NFL.

GM/Coaches decision in my mind have made the team 6-2...

I just laugh at some of fans, not just Colts fans but other fans around the sports world. They overreact when their team is down. This is Sports, its not over, until its over. Sheesh, have some faith in your team once in a while, don't just give up in the 1st or 2nd quarter or even at halftime.But going back and reading some posts, I just laugh, those are the fans that probably went to bed at halftime and did not watch the whole game. HAVE FAITH FANS AND KEEP THE FAITH IN THE TEAM! Don't give up, just because the team is down. Go, Colts, Go Pacers and Go Duke basketball! 

Everyone has their opinions but I like the Trent trade, the O-line made adjustments in the second half and protect Luck well against one of the best pass rushing front line in the NFL.

GM/Coaches decision in my mind have made the team 6-2...

I disagree. The coaches and GM's vision of the team to be successful is to pound the rock, stop the run and be a generally conservative ball club. Outside of the Niners win, we haven't used that formula to win. We usually fart around with the power ground game for 3 quarters until it's money time, then Andrew has to go gunslinger mode and dig us out of holes our coaching staff created because of their stubbornness. Even the 2 games we lost, you could easily blame on poor scheme and coaching. We're winning IN SPITE OF them, in my opinion. Andrew is our best player. Highlight and build on that, and stop trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. We don't have the line to be what they want us to be right now. And the way to become that isn't to mortgage our future on overrated skill players while completely ignoring the biggest problem, which is the interior line 

I disagree. The coaches and GM's vision of the team to be successful is to pound the rock, stop the run and be a generally conservative ball club. Outside of the Niners win, we haven't used that formula to win. We usually fart around with the power ground game for 3 quarters until it's money time, then Andrew has to go gunslinger mode and dig us out of holes our coaching staff created because of their stubbornness. Even the 2 games we lost, you could easily blame on poor scheme and coaching. We're winning IN SPITE OF them, in my opinion. Andrew is our best player. Highlight and build on that, and stop trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. We don't have the line to be what they want us to be right now. And the way to become that isn't to mortgage our future on overrated skill players while completely ignoring the biggest problem, which is the interior line

I can agree with you, in that I spent too much time in the first 3 quarters being frustrated, with veins throbbing in my neck.

However... I suspect part of the game plan that you call square peg in a round hole involves wearing the D out. Perhaps Luck has been so successful as a gunslinger in the 4th because the Ds have lost a step. It has certainly been a consistent theme... Pound, pound, pound, explode.

Like I said everyone has their opinion. Which means yours, mind and all others mean dilly squat....

I can agree with you, in that I spent too much time in the first 3 quarters being frustrated, with veins throbbing in my neck.

However... I suspect part of the game plan that you call square peg in a round hole involves wearing the D out. Perhaps Luck has been so successful as a gunslinger in the 4th because the Ds have lost a step. It has certainly been a consistent theme... Pound, pound, pound, explode.

Yeah, but it's only demoralizing to the other team when you're actually successful moving the ball with that style early. We need to be able to pound teams, I agree, but I think we're doing more harm to ourselves doing it early, rather than late. Irsay said he wants to model the Colts after the Pats franchise. Well, one thing that The Hoodie and Kraft understand is, you still have to pass to score before you start running to win. If you're just running the ball, with little success, to make a point, you're just being stubborn. The same tiring effect on the opposing defense can be accomplished by running an uptempo offense early and then pounding them in the 4th to close the game. Our staff just wants to pound, pound pound, and then say, "Ok Andrew, now go bail us out again"

I don't know how much sustained success we'll have playing that brand of football. It's like having Caldwell and co all over again, with Pep and his unimaginative offense. He looks half asleep everytime they pan to him on the sidelines or in the booth

Luck is like Dillinger...

"They've got to guard all the banks all the time..

..."I can rob any bank any time"

As a somewhat Dillinger history buff, I love the reference.

Fun fact. Dillinger would rob police stations! He'd go in at night, lock up the guard, then steal guns ammo and bullet proof vests. Awesome. Talk about a booooold move.