Luck is officially the best of the 2012 Draft Class

bap1331

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What has happened to Russell Wilson..

he still can escape like Magic but he's hesitant throwing the ball..

Its a snap shot comment..but the NFL has caught up to Rusell and RG3 (and Tannehill big time)

Because Andrew was a traditional pocket passer with need-to-go mobility..there is no way to 'catch up' to him.

Its trouble without D. Allen and Reggie but we still have some good hands left in action for now

Guest TeamLoloJones

What has happened to Russell Wilson..

he still can escape like Magic but he's hesitant throwing the ball..

Its a snap shot comment..but the NFL has caught up to Rusell and RG3 (and Tannehill big time)

Because Andrew was a traditional pocket passer with need-to-go mobility..there is no way to 'catch up' to him.

Its trouble without D. Allen and Reggie but we still have some good hands left in action for now

You can knock RG3 if you want, but you have to give Wilson and Tannehill benefit of the doubt for now.  Their offensive lines are so bad right now you can't properly judge them.  Andrew looked just as bad at times last year when our line was playing just as poorly.

Guest TeamLoloJones

As far as the OP topic I think its important to remember that last night’s Seahawks/Rams game was a divisional matchup. How many times have we lost to a "lesser" Jaguars or Titans team in the past? Division games are almost always among the hardest to win big.

Especially when the Rams are a team without legitimate playoff aspirations.  Even less so now with Bradford out.  So you know the Rams would be playing last nights' game like it was their Superbowl.

Luck has talent, but Reggie did in large part help 'make him'.  No one does it all but Reggie's was great before Andrew was even drafted.  

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/08/andrew-luck-reggie-wayne-is-still-the-colts-leader/

Luck didn't make Reggie.  Luck has developed, with Reggie.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2012/11/15/3650506/reggie-wayne-andrew-luck-now-is-a-night-and-day-improvement

A QB never defers leadership, but in Wayne's case, Luck makes a powerful statement. Reggie was great before Andrew arrived, but Reggie's greatness allowed Andrew to quickly develop, and because of it, Luck is now much better able to help make those other WR's great too.  It's a nice progression.  Now it will be up to those young WR's to step up and develop just as Andrew has, and continues to do.  and if they do not, you can sure bet it will look like Luck is at fault.  Just ask OldUncleMarc.

What I took from that game is that the Rams might be harder match up for the Colts than most think.

Don't feed to much into that. Seattle's offense has been suspect since week 1. And especially on the road. They're in need of Percy Harvin. They don't have a gamebreaker at WR. And the Rams showed, take away Beastmode Lynch..... Seattle can't do much

Don't feed to much into that. Seattle's offense has been suspect since week 1. And especially on the road. They're in need of Percy Harvin. They don't have a gamebreaker at WR. And the Rams showed, take away Beastmode Lynch..... Seattle can't do much

the rams running for ver 200 yards part is what got my attention. Like it or not Seattle is better at stopping the run than us. If they can run for that kind of yardage they can stay in a game with us.

You can knock RG3 if you want, but you have to give Wilson and Tannehill benefit of the doubt for now.  Their offensive lines are so bad right now you can't properly judge them.  Andrew looked just as bad at times last year when our line was playing just as poorly.

Do you think Andrew looked at any time in 2 years like Wilson did in St. Louis Monday...

wow...I've seen Luck throw picks but not just look lost against the blitz and go down easy

the rams running for ver 200 yards part is what got my attention. Like it or not Seattle is better at stopping the run than us. If they can run for that kind of yardage they can stay in a game with us.

Like I said, Seattle is suspect to losing on the road. Do you really believe Ty Hilton would've had the game he had against them if we were in Seattle?

They're a good team on the road, but an elite team at home. Watch when they play the Rams again up in Seattle. See if it's a similar game

Lolo..seriously

what do you see in Tannehill?

Like I said, Seattle is suspect to losing on the road. Do you really believe Ty Hilton would've had the game he had against them if we were in Seattle?

They're a good team on the road, but an elite team at home. Watch when they play the Rams again up in Seattle. See if it's a similar game

no question Seattle isn't a better team at home but if the rams can run the ball like they did last night they will give the Colts more issues than most are expecting them to give us that's all I am saying.

no question Seattle isn't a better team at home but if the rams can run the ball like they did last night they will give the Colts more issues than most are expecting them to give us that's all I am saying.

I see what you're saying but our run defense (barring injury) is gonna be stout. We'll probably stack the box cause I know for a fact Vontae Davis can go toe to toe with any WR on the Rams roster

Guest TeamLoloJones

Do you think Andrew looked at any time in 2 years like Wilson did in St. Louis Monday...

wow...I've seen Luck throw picks but not just look lost against the blitz and go down easy

Wilson had no help at all from his run game, his receivers dropped passes and he had almost zero chances to set his feet and throw.  The one time he had a clean pocket he threw an 80 yard TD.  Judging Wilson on this game is a huge overreaction.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Lolo..seriously

It's not about what I see or don't see in Tannehill.  I'm saying you have to give the guy a break when his offensive line is historically bad.  I'm just repeating the same EXACT SAME sentiments we all said last year when we were defending Luck.  Let's not be hypocritical fans.

It's not about what I see or don't see in Tannehill.  I'm saying you have to give the guy a break when his offensive line is historically bad.  I'm just repeating the same EXACT SAME sentiments we all said last year when we were defending Luck.  Let's not be hypocritical fans.

I'm sorry...I guess I don't understand giving a QB'a break'

I thought Luck didn't need a defense (he needed a defense but you know what I mean) last year.

He made it work and in the NFL, as the QB, you have to...

Its hard for me to give the QB a pass on bad play..and Russell, who I like, was bad Monday in St. Louis

Bad and tenative..which is worse

Peyton was without both tackles (as was Russell Monday) and his center was a converted guard in Indy but he doesn't get a pass...for losing

..he could have made it work..almost did..but his side lost

I cant give him a pass on that..

Guest TeamLoloJones

I'm sorry...I guess I don't understand giving a QB'a break'

I thought Luck didn't need a defense (he needed a defense but you know what I mean) last year.

He made it work and in the NFL, as the QB, you have to...

Its hard for me to give the QB a pass on bad play..and Russell, who I like, was bad Monday in St. Louis

Bad and tenative..which is worse

Peyton was without both tackles (as was Russell Monday) and his center was a converted guard in Indy but he doesn't get a pass...for losing

..he could have made it work..almost did..but his side lost

I cant give him a pass on that..

I didn't say they get a pass.  You said that defenses have "figured them out" or "caught up with them". Which is just a nice way of saying they are a bust.  I was making the point that their performances are not entirely their fault, and we should tone down on the criticism.

After watching the performance of Wilson (getting stopped twice in a row by Rams defense) tonight and RG3 yesterday. It shows that they are capable of being stopped with the right team.

As for Andrew Luck, we learned that once again, pocket quarterbacks are the most successful in the NFL.

What is your take?

Not trying to diss you, but I find the topic a little confusing. Wilson is driving a team that has one loss, and Luck is driving a team that has two losses. Griffin will be recovering from a serious knee injury for a while before his true form will return(before his injury his passing was excellent)...which may be never.

In addition, running QB's.....not pocket QB's, have given our own defense the most trouble.

I will say that I have always thought that Luck is the best of the bunch, but I dont need a down game or stretch by the other two QB's to vindicate that.

Not trying to diss you, but I find the topic a little confusing. Wilson is driving a team that has one loss, and Luck is driving a team that has two losses. Griffin will be recovering from a serious knee injury for a while before his true form will return(before his injury his passing was excellent)...which may be never.

In addition, running QB's.....not pocket QB's, have given our own defense the most trouble.

I will say that I have always thought that Luck is the best of the bunch, but I dont need a down game or stretch by the other two QB's to vindicate that.

Not really... We stopped Kaepernick.

We learned with the rams and redskins this week that the running qb can be stopped.

Aren't we just over two weeks away from Luck and the Colts O struggling mightily against the Chargers? Chill out, and just enjoy the ride without all the needless glances over your shoulder.

I know what your point is and I agree but Luck by no means "struggled" against SD. At least you have to say that the "struggles" were no fault of his own. When you get limited possessions and your guys drop 5-6 game changing passes , you are pretty much cooked. 

I think the Jets shut Luck down fairly well last year.  No TD's, just 3 FG and couple picks I think.   At least against Chicago and New England last year, Luck threw for some TD's and didn't look totally overmatched while also tossing up some picks.  Andrew looks so much better this year, and I expect him to improve each week still.

They barely beat the Rams who where never that good anyways, while the Rams where playing their backup QB.  

Are we forgetting that we lost to Dolphins in large part because of Luck?  I do agree with you quite often, but thsi time, I don't think you're keeping it in perspective.  Look, Luck is great and so is Wilson, but one game doesn't make or break a guy's track record.  I'll take Luck over Wilson any day, but if I had to settle for Wilson, it's not like I'll be disappointed about it.

.....I am simply going to say this thread is stu...silly...If anyone here thinks I need to explain why it is stupid do these three things before asking me to elaborate 

1. Read the OP.

2. Read the OP again.

3. Grab wet sea bass and prepare to smack OP with said wet sea bass 

.....I am simply going to say this thread is stu...silly...If anyone here thinks I need to explain why it is stupid do these three things before asking me to elaborate 

1. Read the OP.

2. Read the OP again.

3. Grab wet sea bass and prepare to smack OP with said wet sea bass 

I prefer to use a swordfish.  That way, if the smack doesn't get the job done, you still have a sword to fall back on.  :trout: 

So in other words you've missed some games this season, such as the Miami game.  gotcha

Lolo..seriously

What do you NOT see in Tannehill?  He has great size, great speed and athleticism.  He has a very good arm.  He's simply raw and lacks experience, which he's gaining week in and week out.  He has a ton of upside.  I do agree with the common sentiment that he was drafted too early but he could turn into a very good QB.  On the other hand he could turn out to be a dud.  Way, way too early to say for sure either way at this point.  

What do you NOT see in Tannehill? He has great size, great speed and athleticism. He has a very good arm. He's simply raw and lacks experience, which he's gaining week in and week out. He has a ton of upside. I do agree with the common sentiment that he was drafted too early but he could turn into a very good QB. On the other hand he could turn out to be a dud. Way, way too early to say for sure either way at this point.

He's also a human turnover lol.

What do you NOT see in Tannehill?  He has great size, great speed and athleticism.  He has a very good arm.  He's simply raw and lacks experience, which he's gaining week in and week out.  He has a ton of upside.  I do agree with the common sentiment that he was drafted too early but he could turn into a very good QB.  On the other hand he could turn out to be a dud.  Way, way too early to say for sure either way at this point.  

Way too early to judge the draft class of 2012. Maybe in 2017 would be a good time to revisit.

After watching the performance of Wilson (getting stopped twice in a row by Rams defense) tonight and RG3 yesterday. It shows that they are capable of being stopped with the right team.

As for Andrew Luck, we learned that once again, pocket quarterbacks are the most successful in the NFL.

What is your take?

Luck is more than a pocket QB. His mobility and running ability are the most underrated part of this game.