Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best team in the NFL: Indianapolis Colts

MR. Blueblood

Sorry i don't believe Richardson is a upgrade.  Untill he starts averaging the yards that Ballard and Bradshaw did.  And doesn't just run into the line instead of going around them.  I hope he turns out to be what we wanted him to be.  But So far other then like 3 runs.  He hasn't done a thing.  And when Brown comes in and can get the yards he does against the same def.  Doesn't make me think TRICH is the answer.

Couldn't agree more. We once had a new guy on the team and his stats were terrible in his first season, never mind his first few games. The management team should have been fired for sticking with him. I think he came from a college in Tennessee, but I can't remember.

Giving players time to settle in.....what is the world coming too?

When you start a new job how long does it take you to master your craft everyone is intitled to their own opinon but let be fair here, you could have all the talent you need for instants to simplify this if you have been a cook at McDonalds for five years and you change jobs to go work at Hardees do you really think your just going to pick up everything immediately no its going to take some time. Different menu,different burgers, different procedures. The same translation can be said in this situation. This offensive scheme is very complex and a lot of us need to be a bit more realistic with our expectations, Brown and Ballard both had mini camp, ota and training camp and Bradshaw is a 6yr vet. Trent will get better as the season continues and he will end strong late in the season as he stops thinking and start playing.. 

OK but go back to browns days.  And watch that film.  He did same thing there.  Where he would just run right into the line.  Rather then looking for a hole.  

The Colts are playing well and you should be excited about their possibilities but there's a long way to go yet. Remember the Cardinals were 4-1 last year with wins over the Seahawks and Patriots on their resume. Congratulations on your week 5 championship.

Nobody is crowning a champ after 5 weeks, just happy to be getting a little praise thrown our way after a cpl nice wins over some quality SB contending teams.

Congrats on your loss, and why is it again Gronk won't play on Sundays after killing it week after week in practice?

The Colts are playing well and you should be excited about their possibilities but there's a long way to go yet. Remember the Cardinals were 4-1 last year with wins over the Seahawks and Patriots on their resume. Congratulations on your week 5 championship.

Pretty pitiful post there mister. Not one post refers to what you spewed out there. You must be getting a touchy panicky about your own team. Fly fly fly....

Nobody is crowning a champ after 5 weeks, just happy to be getting a little praise thrown our way after a cpl nice wins over some quality SB contending teams.

Congrats on your loss, and why is it again Gronk won't play on Sundays after killing it week after week in practice?

Maybe because a 3rd break would end his career.

Maybe because a 3rd break would end his career.

I understand that, but he has been taking full reps, doing every aspect of play that he would be required to, and from all reports coming out of NE he's been doing extremely well.  Guys see him all week long go out and kill it in practice and then choose to sit out Sunday. One side says he can play, his side says he can't....can't be that great of a situation in the locker room if this back and forth keeps coming up.

I understand that, but he has been taking full reps, doing every aspect of play that he would be required to, and from all reports coming out of NE he's been doing extremely well.  Guys see him all week long go out and kill it in practice and then choose to sit out Sunday. One side says he can play, his side says he can't....can't be that great of a situation in the locker room if this back and forth keeps coming up.

I will admit it's a concern and some are saying he is done and even if he comes back he will just get hurt again. It's all opinion and speculation at this point and my take(guess) is he will return today or next week and will be 100%.

I will admit it's a concern and some are saying he is done and even if he comes back he will just get hurt again. It's all opinion and speculation at this point and my take(guess) is he will return today or next week and will be 100%.

I hope Gronk comes back, is totally healthy, and able to resume his career like this never happened.  He's a great TE and I hate to see people that have such talent get their career cut short by injuries.  Just saw on ESPN that Brady's completion percentage is the lowest in the AFC East, NE's points scored is lowest in AFC East, and they are second worst to J'ville in Red Zone percentage.....the loss of Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker have been devastating for your offense.  Gronk coming back will be huge for your team.

I hope Gronk comes back, is totally healthy, and able to resume his career like this never happened.  He's a great TE and I hate to see people that have such talent get their career cut short by injuries.  Just saw on ESPN that Brady's completion percentage is the lowest in the AFC East, NE's points scored is lowest in AFC East, and they are second worst to J'ville in Red Zone percentage.....the loss of Gronk, Hernandez, and Welker have been devastating for your offense.  Gronk coming back will be huge for your team.

The offense is a work in progress. I like the rookie receivers, especially when they actually catch it. The Patriots are 4-1 because of their defense and schedule. Big, huge, giant, enormous test today.

Couldn't agree more. We once had a new guy on the team and his stats were terrible in his first season, never mind his first few games. The management team should have been fired for sticking with him. I think he came from a college in Tennessee, but I can't remember.

Giving players time to settle in.....what is the world coming too?

Kudos to you sir.  I'm glad there are at least some Colts fans who undertand what's going on.  I always think its' funny when people are like, "Well, he's not good now, and he's not the answer, but I hope he is.  Until then, I'll dissent and complain."  Simple fact of the matter is, it takes time.  And it goes so much deeper than, "find the hole." 

It's easy to just say that Donald Brown averages 5 YPC behind the same OL.  But it takes a bit more analysis to understand that Brown typically runs out of a 3 WR set that spreads out 5 DBs over the field leaving 5 guys in the box while Richardson runs out of a 1 WR set spreading out 1 DB and leaving 10 in the box.  It's easy to just say Richardson just runs into people.  It takes a bit more observation to see that he's running out of primarily compact formations where if one blocker gets pushed back off the ball, there's too many defenders within proximity that he can't make a move to make a positive gain out of nothing.  Oh, and then tehre's everything you said.  You don't learn a playbook and get comfortable with your team in just 3 games.  Hell, it took our OL 3 weeks to get comfortable PLUS an entire training camp, and they're still not that good.  And we're criticizing a running back with 3 weeks, no training camp, and an average at best OL?  At least be an equal opportunity offender and criticize the OL blocking too.    

They are just building more hoopla for Colts/Broncos like some said already.

Besides, who is the best? Tough to say....we'll find out in the playoffs. Right now I think we are among the best teams and perhaps in the top 3 even in the AFC but it's still too soon to really tell.

I think we can take on the best though and be competitive however win or lose.

As much as I hate to agree on this, I do.  The Cheifs are 6-0, are they the best team in the NFL?  We will get the real answer on February 2, 2014.