Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vikings sign Freeman [Merge]

GoColts8818

Maybe he'll retire and become a Christian. I'm more curious about what will happen to the Cassel. Will the Vikings keep it or will it get put on the market now?

He and Tebow can start a group for wayward childrend... and travel around helping the sick and/or poor.

Freeman isnt bad by any stretch, there was just a ton of friction with Schiano in Tampa. He'll be sitting this week, likely to continue learning the system, but I would say this is the Vikings front office giving him a live tryout for the team.

I pretty much expected this though.

Freeman has had some moments...

With the right team I think he could be just ahead of the curve, but the right team would involve a coach or veteran getting Freeman's head straight...

With that said, I am glad he is a Viking, after Schaub's performance last night a buddy of mine & I were thinking Freeman might land in Houston, & that would be no good, because I am dying to see Davis, Toler, Bethea, Butler, & Landry get picks on  Schaub!!!

Freeman has had some moments...

With the right team I think he could be just ahead of the curve, but the right team would involve a coach or veteran getting Freeman's head straight...

With that said, I am glad he is a Viking, after Schaub's performance last night a buddy of mine & I were thinking Freeman might land in Houston, & that would be no good, because I am dying to see Davis, Toler, Bethea, Butler, & Landry get picks on Schaub!!!

It would have never happened. Houston doesnt have enough cap room to sign a new QB, and cutting Schaub would cause too much dead money because of the extension they signed him to last year.

Good or bad, Houston is stuck with Schaub.

It would have never happened. Houston doesnt have enough cap room to sign a new QB, and cutting Schaub would cause too much dead money because of the extension they signed him to last year.

Good or bad, Houston is stuck with Schaub.

Yeah, I have a hard enough time keeping up with the Colts cap so I definitely don't know where other teams are at money wise, it just made sense after a long day of crazy football, lots of apple juice, & watching Schaub set a record for consecutive games throwing a pick-6's...

My buddy & I were joking about what the Texans fanbase would be like this week if they were burning jerseys last week...

So Freeman's name came up as a possibility...

I really expected Jacksonville to claim him. This just proves in my mind they are in tank mode.

If you had any doubt of that before, the trade they made with Baltimore should have tipped you off before this.

They are, and always have been, planning to draft their QB. I doubt they even gave Freeman a look, as their scouts are too busy scouring the top college prospects. Jacksonville absolutely does not have the pieces to make big free agent moves.

They arent going to sign a guy with the idea of winning games, and likely will trade anyone for picks.

Josh has some tools, and has shown flashes of harnessing them, but his best year was 2010 with Raheem Morris (super player friendly) as coach. Last year was second best (OK stat wise, but nothing earth shattering) and other two years quite average or worse.  I hope he gets some help and head back on straight. I don't think he'll  ever be top 10. In fact, I fear he will be a journeyman backup bouncing from team to team every now and again.  Let's see what he does in Minnesota.  It's clear Ponder is on thin ice, for sure.  Can Josh get the Vikes playbook down enough to be successful?

Josh has some tools, and has shown flashes of harnessing them, but his best year was 2010 with Raheem Morris (super player friendly) as coach. Last year was second best (OK stat wise, but nothing earth shattering) and other two years quite average or worse. I hope he gets some help and head back on straight. I don't think he'll ever be top 10. In fact, I fear he will be a journeyman backup bouncing from team to team every now and again. Let's see what he does in Minnesota. It's clear Ponder is on thin ice, for sure. Can Josh get the Vikes playbook down enough to be successful?

He'll have a couple weeks to do it. The vikings have already said Cassell is starting next week while Freeman gets more aquainted with the system.

I honestly hope he gets a fair shake. The way Schiano and the Bucs treated him was disgusting.

He'll have a couple weeks to do it. The vikings have already said Cassell is starting next week while Freeman gets more aquainted with the system.

I honestly hope he gets a fair shake. The way Schiano and the Bucs treated him was disgusting.

I do not know how close the two O systems are, but I doubt 2 weeks is enough.  I hope he gets a fair crack in Minny, but when Josh is at his best, he is only a little better than Ponder at his best. If Josh could return to 2010 form, Vikes might be OK with that and focus on other deficiencies.

Josh has some tools, and has shown flashes of harnessing them, but his best year was 2010 with Raheem Morris (super player friendly) as coach. Last year was second best (OK stat wise, but nothing earth shattering) and other two years quite average or worse.  I hope he gets some help and head back on straight. I don't think he'll  ever be top 10. In fact, I fear he will be a journeyman backup bouncing from team to team every now and again.  Let's see what he does in Minnesota.  It's clear Ponder is on thin ice, for sure.  Can Josh get the Vikes playbook down enough to be successful?

He had Blount running like a madman in that great year he had too. Imagine what he might be able to accomplish with A.D. standing right behind him.

He had Blount running like a madman in that great year he had too. Imagine what he might be able to accomplish with A.D. standing right behind him.

Thats the main reason I thought the Vikings would be a good fit. They already have the run game and just need an above average passer to make people respect that aspect of their game. Freeman fits that bill, when hes not having a bad day and Schiano in his ear, anyways. Will he light the world on fire? Probably not. But he doesnt need to with the Vikings.

Thats the main reason I thought the Vikings would be a good fit. They already have the run game and just need an above average passer to make people respect that aspect of their game. Freeman fits that bill, when hes not having a bad day and Schiano in his ear, anyways. Will he light the world on fire? Probably not. But he doesnt need to with the Vikings.

Exactly. It's a win for both the quarterback and runningback. Packers and Bears getting put on notice haha JK I wouldn't go that far yet but this offense could get interesting.

Guest TeamLoloJones

Exactly. It's a win for both the quarterback and runningback. Packers and Bears getting put on notice haha JK I wouldn't go that far yet but this offense could get interesting.

The Vikings need to start playing defense too or it won't matter who the quarterback is.

Freeman isnt bad by any stretch, there was just a ton of friction with Schiano in Tampa. He'll be sitting this week, likely to continue learning the system, but I would say this is the Vikings front office giving him a live tryout for the team.

I pretty much expected this though.

Right on, glad other people are starting to see this rather than running with the media's whole spin that he's the worst quarterback ever