Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Havili

tony1287

I hope he doesn't miss a significant amount of time. He is a good pass catcher as a check down option and his bruising run blocking has been very underrated. He has been a great acquisition for us and fits well in the scheme. Hughes is a smaller fullback and I'm concerned he won't be able to hold his own against 250 pound linebackers and safeties coming down to help in run support. Hopefully stanley gets healthy in a hurry. Could really use him against seattle...

I hope he doesn't miss a significant amount of time. He is a good pass catcher as a check down option and his bruising run blocking has been very underrated. He has been a great acquisition for us and fits well in the scheme. Hughes is a smaller fullback and I'm concerned he won't be able to hold his own against 250 pound linebackers and safeties coming down to help in run support. Hopefully stanley gets healthy in a hurry. Could really use him against seattle...

Pretty doubtful if you look at today's roster move.

Pretty doubtful if you look at today's roster move.

I know he isn't going to play but it would make me feel a little better if havili was in front of rich, not hughes. It takes time to gain chemistry between a fullback and rb. I don't expect hughes to be anywhere near the level of blocking that stanley is at and that's unfortunate since this is one of our biggest games of the season

I think Havili re-entered the game after he got dinged...

I think Havili played running back,  and not fullback, at the end of the game and got a number of carries....

Unless there's something new to report about Havili that I haven't seen,  I'd say he's got the green light for this week....

I think Havili re-entered the game after he got dinged...

I think Havili played running back, and not fullback, at the end of the game and got a number of carries....

Unless there's something new to report about Havili that I haven't seen, I'd say he's got the green light for this week....

he hurt his ankle playing rb and didn't return.

also, if he got the green light, I doubt we'd sign another fb.

I know he isn't going to play but it would make me feel a little better if havili was in front of rich, not hughes. It takes time to gain chemistry between a fullback and rb. I don't expect hughes to be anywhere near the level of blocking that stanley is at and that's unfortunate since this is one of our biggest games of the season

Got ya

he hurt his ankle playing rb and didn't return.

also, if he got the green light, I doubt we'd sign another fb.

Well....    not sure exactly when he hurt his ankle, but Havili was the RB on the last drive the Colts had late in the 4th quarter.   He ran the ball 3 times, including the last play before we kicked the final field goal to make it 37-3.   Colts never got the ball back.

The last drive of the game was the Jaguars...

I posted elsewhere in this thread that on ESPN.com Havili is listed with a "mild sprain" and will be out "at least one game"...

Either way....  thanks for the heads-up...   I didn't realize he'd been hurt enough to miss time...       :thmup:

I have to be honest. I think Hughes is better. I thought he was the better FB in the preseason too.