Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Flacco 5 picks?

-JJ-

ray rice is killing me in fantasy.

Ray is not looking good either. 24 total rushing yards and 5 interceptions won't get you too many wins in the NFL , especially on the road. The o line got killed , and Flacco was bad. , yet the defense still gave them a chance at the end. Buffalo outplayed the Ravens and deserved to win. Because the Bengals lost a divisional game to the Browns today. , believe it or not, the Ravens are still in first place. I can't say I'm optimistic going into Miami.

Jim caldwell needs to realize Flacco isn't Peyton. They need to run.

He had a couple of weapons, but not the depth of receivers. The offensive line should get an F today , as the running game was stuffed, and Flacco was smacked around. This is another example of a bad Joe Flacco regular season road game. There have been many.

Me too.

I wouldn't go that far. Two of the interceptions were tipped up by unsure-handed Ravens receivers. I'm not going to sugarcoat the loss or Flacco's performance, but he seems to have many more regular season road stinkers, than during the playoffs. After the Super Bowl win, who did the Ravens have that was better than Flacco ? Because the AFC North is weak this year , the Ravens may yet have a chance for a 6th straight playoff appearance. Still , I question this team on the road this year.

yes, both are horrible this year. But one of them has two superbowl rings

True, but one of them hasn't even had two years playing in the league yet, and is coming off a terrible injury that many didn't think he would be back so soon from. And he's playing the Raiders so there's a good chance he'll pull this one out.

He may just be a quarterback similar to Shaub, Eli, Ryan, and the like. Probably won't ever get to the top level of Manning , Brady, or Rodgers , but a very good NFL quarterback capable of taking teams to playoffs and Super Bowls . When they are good, they're great, but they throw in more clinkers than the top notch guys.

Man, I was really hoping he would make that jump this year.

I really defended him a few weeks ago during the Broncos-Ravens game.

I'm starting to question if that was the right move, because I'm looking a bit silly now.

He'll turn it on in the postseason again if the Ravens get there. He's never been spectacular during the regular season but he is money come playoff time.

Its-one-game-Peyton-threw-6-picks-against-the-chargers-and-this-talk-wasnt-going-on.

It's not the end of the world with Joe because generally he doesn't throw a lot of interceptions, but he doesn't have Peyton's resume yet. Joe will bounce back , but we need guys that can catch the ball. , and we need to run it. 24 yards rushing won't cut it.

And you guys are really surprised by this? He never was a top 10 QB. Not one holding call was called on Baltimore in the playoffs last year, even though that team was ranked #2 in the league on penalties. As soon as Ray Ray announces retirement, they stop getting pass interference and holding calls. Pay him that kind of money, with his horrendous pocket awareness what do you expect? 

If the NFL didn't have some crazy agenda to fix ratings by keeping games close, allowing the officials control games, they would have lost by 20+ points.

And you guys are really surprised by this? He never was a top 10 QB. Not one holding call was called on Baltimore in the playoffs last year, even though that team was ranked #2 in the league on penalties. As soon as Ray Ray announces retirement, they stop getting pass interference and holding calls. Pay him that kind of money, with his horrendous pocket awareness what do you expect?

If the NFL didn't have some crazy agenda to fix ratings by keeping games close, allowing the officials control games, they would have lost by 20+ points.

:facepalm:

The Ravens defense has still been good. , other than the Peyton Manning debacle. Flacco took full responsibility at the press conference , and seemed nonplussed as usual. I guess two wins versus zero is better than nothing.

If you consider Steve Spagnolo on board and constantly getting shredded by every running back they've played, then sure they are wonderful. They might look good against EJ Manuel but Buffalo ran it down their throat. Anyone can do it to them. They are just further proving to the world they had no business whatsoever winning that Super Bowl last year except for Ray Ray to go out swan song Elway style.

If you consider Steve Spagnolo on board and constantly getting shredded by every running back they've played, then sure they are wonderful. They might look good against EJ Manuel but Buffalo ran it down their throat. Anyone can do it to them. They are just further proving to the world they had no business whatsoever winning that Super Bowl last year except for Ray Ray to go out swan song Elway style.

Bottom line is two Lombardi trophies sit in Baltimore, and they are currently in first place. You have to win them when you can, and Flacco did. Just remember, he beat Luck , Brady, Manning, and Kaepernick.