Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What a great thing that......

Warhorse

......Anthony Castonzo may not become the complete pass protector we hoped for, but he may become a great run blocker.

......Ahmad Bradshaw can still bring the wood and is already looking to be a leader by example on the field.

......not only is Pep a smoothing influence on Andrew, he is doing a great job of designing and calling an offense that protects our QB.

......Coby Fleener does create mismatches and will just keep getting better.

......the Colts are being described with words like tough, power, and bully.

......Reggie can take a teams best defender or defenders, power through the inactivity, and still make an impact on the game.

......TRich brings the sledge between the tackles. Watch Andrew cash in on the success of his two power backs. Ty just gives the signal......deep.......

......the Colts can develop depth in the secondary. Welcome Howell!

......Josh Chapman is quietly doing just what he did in College...being a brick wall.

......the Colts use a freakin FB!

......McGlynn haters are silent.

......we can lose our top TE and our starting RB for the season...and then go on the road and win a power game against a power team.

I was very pleased with what I saw out of Castonzo  having to block both Justin Smith and Aldon Smith at times, did not give up any sacks, He did not win every play, But your not going to win every play, he got beat outright 9-10 times combined by bull rushes by Aldon Smith and a spin move by Justin Smith but he dominated them both of them for the most part, very proud of him Sunday

I've been saying since day one just give AC time. IR'd halfway through his rookie season really hampered his growth. Glad he is finally coming into his own. Loved the pick when we drafted him and glad Grigs didn't dump him(Only pick from that draft class still on the team).

I've been saying since day one just give AC time. IR'd halfway through his rookie season really hampered his growth. Glad he is finally coming into his own. Loved the pick when we drafted him and glad Grigs didn't dump him(Only pick from that draft class still on the team).

You never know what a guys ceiling is until his career is over in reality. A guy can stink for 3 years,come back the 4th year on fire, then get paid and go back to avg. or the guy can just keep improving his whole career and just being steady and get recognized late in his career or just be a guy on an Oline.

Tarik was our last great LT and I wished we could find that replacement of equal quality but its been tough. The one good thing about Costanza being descent but maybe not all pro, his second contract won't have to be at the top of the scale. That seemed to be Polians downfall, his players., whether they should have been or not, were all paid as a top of the scale talent. If luck isn't getting killed because his LT can do just enough and he can run block, I'm happy and the spot shouldn't cost 10 mil/yr

You never know what a guys ceiling is until his career is over in reality. A guy can stink for 3 years,come back the 4th year on fire, then get paid and go back to avg. or the guy can just keep improving his whole career and just being steady and get recognized late in his career or just be a guy on an Oline.

Tarik was our last great LT and I wished we could find that replacement of equal quality but its been tough. The one good thing about Costanza being descent but maybe not all pro, his second contract won't have to be at the top of the scale. That seemed to be Polians downfall, his players., whether they should have been or not, were all paid as a top of the scale talent. If luck isn't getting killed because his LT can do just enough and he can run block, I'm happy and the spot shouldn't cost 10 mil/yr

A lot of people say you need a franchise LT to be a good line. Imo all you need is a solid slightly above average one at most. It's better on the cap yet still will be a solid contributor.

I was very pleased with what I saw out of Castonzo  having to block both Justin Smith and Aldon Smith at times, did not give up any sacks, He did not win every play, But your not going to win every play, he got beat outright 9-10 times combined by bull rushes by Aldon Smith and a spin move by Justin Smith but he dominated them both of them for the most part, very proud of him Sunday

constanzo traits would seem to be he is a RT lol but im guessing with exp he gets fast off the block to contain the speed rush cause we handle power rushers it seems better than speed guys , but after watching freeney and mathis get the best of the best yr in yr out i guess i understand why constanzo would have issues 

A lot of people say you need a franchise LT to be a good line. Imo all you need is a solid slightly above average one at most. It's better on the cap yet still will be a solid contributor.

i think our main issue is the center postion satele is the weakess link, its like either he cant read where the blitz is coming from or he is just bad, and his weakness brings everyone down pressure up the middle is the worst kind , out side pressure can be slowed down with back and tes chipping but inside pressure the qb cant step up and throw picks and things of that nature 

......Anthony Castonzo may not become the complete pass protector we hoped for, but he may become a great run blocker.

......Ahmad Bradshaw can still bring the wood and is already looking to be a leader by example on the field.

......not only is Pep a smoothing influence on Andrew, he is doing a great job of designing and calling an offense that protects our QB.

......Reggie can take a teams best defender or defenders, power through the inactivity, and still make an impact on the game.

......TRich brings the sledge between the tackles. Watch Andrew cash in on the success of his two power backs. Ty just gives the signal......deep.......

......Josh Chapman is quietly doing just what he did in College...being a brick wall.

......we can lose our top TE and our starting RB for the season...and then go on the road and win a power game against a power team.

Well, Castonzo played pretty good last week. Also vs the dolphins he was solid.

I think we can live with those of performances all year.

let not forget our rookie guard , i have not heard his name at all since he bin in so he must be doing good , i just wish we could see a line of   constanzo,thomas,mcglynn,thorton,cherrelius ,  would how it woulda done? 

Andrew threw quick passes to his primary receiver ALL Day.

That is why Castonzo didn`t do what he normally does.

As was said, Smith got right on top of Luck many times on those Quick passes.
If Andrew had taken the time for his primary receiver to get 20 yds downfield like Every other game of his career... same o same o

PEP protected AC, Andrew from getting hit, and Andrew from decision making. That was good coaching.

Andrew threw quick passes to his primary receiver ALL Day.

That is why Castonzo didn`t do what he normally does.

As was said, Smith got right on top of Luck many times on those Quick passes.

If Andrew had taken the time for his primary receiver to get 20 yds downfield like Every other game of his career... same o same o

PEP protected AC, Andrew from getting hit, and Andrew from decision making. That was good coaching.

Aldon Smith was credited with 0 sacks & 0 pressures Sunday.

Castonzo played very well and, so far this year, has taken the next step in his development. Right now, he's a pretty good LT with the ability to keep getting better. 

PFF gave him a +4,0 grade, which was the highest grade they gave out that game. The dude's legit and just now hitting his stride in 2013.

Glad he is still on the team also but I don't think he was IR'd in his rookie season. His growth may have been stunted since we had a strike that year eliminating the offseason workouts. He was injured but missed only a few games.

Guest TeamLoloJones

This is also his 3rd offense is 3 seasons, given time he can be very good.  All the hype of the pep hire was made about how his offense would play to Luck's strengths...Well, if also plays to AC's strengths.  He's a very good run blocker, and when the ball is out of Luck's hands quick, AC can hold up much better in pass protection.

Glad he is still on the team also but I don't think he was IR'd in his rookie season. His growth may have been stunted since we had a strike that year eliminating the offseason workouts. He was injured but missed only a few games.

He was. Was a hip injury IIRC. Ijalana stepped in and tore his acl the next series in the same game.

I would add Dominique Jones a TE/FB who actually contributes as both and that's a first.

Castonzo played great shut down Aldon Smith the entire game and was physical with him, threw him down to the ground a couple of times. Brooks was a non factor against Cherilus and Hugh Thornton  played well  against Justin Smith.

Louis Riddick @LRiddickESPN One of the most impressive performances by a rookie that went unnoticed this past weekend: #Colts OG Hugh Thornton making 1st career start

Louis Riddick @LRiddickESPN

Went up against an All-Pro in Justin Smith and MORE than held his own. Swing OT capability as well for Thornton. Good value as a 3rd rounder

I now Mcglynn played better as a C and he's a viable backup but he's not the long term answer. If we can somehow get a C like Alex Mack or Holmes improves the offensive line would be one of the best in the league.

constanzo traits would seem to be he is a RT lol but im guessing with exp he gets fast off the block to contain the speed rush cause we handle power rushers it seems better than speed guys , but after watching freeney and mathis get the best of the best yr in yr out i guess i understand why constanzo would have issues 

When Castonzo gets in trouble its mainly to the outside by speed rushers because he stops moving his feet and lunges at his man trying to reroute him on the way to the QB so that the OLB or DE has a much longer route to go to get to Luck, once in a while it works...Most of the time it dont, especially against great pass rushers. Castonzo has the traits to be a great LT but he has to block using his feet and not just his hands....Let the feet guide the hands, Just my opinion