Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

32 of 37, 374 yards, 3 TDs, INTs

oldunclemark

These numbers are almost criminal....

.....against nickel defenses... with a revamped O-line....

........we are seeing something that I have never seen before...

Denver has edges in the mid field and on the outside.....and unless you play 2 deep safeties AND can single cover both outside receivers (Seattle), barring injury or bad weather....who stops this insanity?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, only 3 QBs have not thrown an INT this season.

Peyton Manning, Alex Smith, and Jake Locker, go figure.

Still a lot of football to be played. We will re-visit everything after Peyton plays the Chiefs twice and the Patriots in a span of 3 games.

Yes, they are playing at an extremely efficient pace but it remains to be seen if this can continue in late November and December since the Broncos' schedule, unlike last year, is back loaded.

Still a lot of football to be played. We will re-visit everything after Peyton plays the Chiefs twice and the Patriots in a span of 3 games.

Yes, they are playing at an extremely efficient pace but it remains to be seen if this can continue in late November and December since the Broncos' schedule, unlike last year, is back loaded.

The truth is:

We'll revist Denver every week if they keep getting this kind of production...

32 of 37 is far beyond Alex Smith and Jake Locker ..who probably dont have have 12 TDs ...?

Yea, with Manning's weapons and his cupcake schedule to start the season its not like most are in disbelief at his production.  He'll break records this year, but in the end all that matters is the Lombardi Trophy.

But has anyone else gone 32 of 37....

Its funny jarod..

I kept hearing about how Denver was in trouble in the first six games without Champ and Mr. Weed

Remember?

Its funny jarod..

I kept hearing about how Denver was in trouble in the first six games without Champ and Mr. Weed

Remember?

Yes. But we have seen it all before with Peyton, all the gaudy regular season numbers.

I am still not seeing enough from the Broncos' D with respect to pass rush and with respect to generating turnovers, tipped balls etc.

It is like a constant zone defense or prevent defense like Dungy had with ample zones to sit inside. I am glad the Colts learned from the Peyton era what kind of D we need to give our QB the ball back. The Denver D will not be able to give the ball back to their QB when they need it the most against good QBs, I feel.

They will stop gimmicky QBs as the game goes on but they will have issues with O-lines that protect well and elite pocket passers, and AGAIN, it will be reliant on Peyton putting up 30 points against a playoff D constantly and if he has an off day, they are out of the playoffs in a close game.

He's having a fantastic year......That 7 TD game is going to skew the #s for a long time...... 

Past 2 Games:

Peyton- 62-80 681yds 5TDs

Rodgers- 60-85 724yds 5TDs 2int

Ryan- 49-78 663yds 4TD 1int

Stafford 56-81 605yds 4td 1int

I wouldn't look to much into Peyton continuing to do his thing, but some of these guys have less talented teams, and played tougher opponents during this stretch, and are on par with Peyton. 

Yea, with Manning's weapons and his cupcake schedule to start the season its not like most are in disbelief at his production.  He'll break records this year, but in the end all that matters is the Lombardi Trophy.

Cupcake or not you still have to execute to win. You still get a win correct? A TD is still a TD. NE is still 3-0 I believe (if your talking about schedules wow!!). There is no gimmies on the NFL schedule. If Cleveland can go to Minny and win and we can go to SF and spank them its clear any given sunday you have to play well...and that team is and Peyton definately is. People act like Demarious Thomas is as good as Marvin Harrison and Decker is Reggie Wayne and Julius Thomas is Jimmy Graham and Moreno is Edge. Outside of Welker none of those guys are proven commodities...certainly talented but really...nobodies...you wouldn't start a receiving core with any of them. Peyton raises the level of everyone..and outside Welker being Welker that offense runs because of him. There are a few qbs in the league that can do what Peyton can do with these guys but lets not act like those guys are Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Megatron or any other premier wide reciever. I would compare the talent to the GB Packers wide recievers...and well Peyton is playing at a much higher quality than Aaron Rodgers. Not to say Peyton does have great talent around him but the time he has put in with them has raised all their level.

Indeed come later in the season we will see where every team is at. Its been a small sample size so far but last night...that was a surgical on how to be a qb....and to think his best numbers came against the best team he faced. If teams keep it close...he will put up better numbers. Second half they came out running the ball...they didn't exactly take their foot off the gas but they definately changed their focus to running and 2 and 3 TEs. All that said it is clear that a championship is all that matters to Peyton too. Look at his eyes and listen to him when talking about coming back...that is all that drives him. He may not win another...but he is an incredible competitor.

He's having a fantastic year......That 7 TD game is going to skew the #s for a long time...... 

Past 2 Games:

That's cherry-picking, TRav....all those guys played 3 games....not 2

Are you a cherry picker or a poo-poo-er???

I wouldn't look to much into Peyton continuing to do his thing, but some of these guys have less talented teams, and played tougher opponents during this stretch, and are on par with Peyton.

Its funny jarod..

Remember?

I do not want to turn this into a X vs Y QB discussion, but there is a certain QB that went over 90% in a PLAYOFF game throwing 26/28 against a playoff team.  

Its been done, and no doubt Manning had a stellar game, as everyone thought he would against an inept Raiders team.  

I don't remember anyone, at least not in my social circles or forums that I frequent, talking about how the Broncos were in trouble.  I predicted he would break the TD record this year back in the beginning of training camp, so im not shocked in the slightest to see their team doing so well.

Will they continue to be that productive as the weather gets bad and they start playing the meat of their schedule?  We shall see.

Cupcake or not you still have to execute to win. You still get a win correct? A TD is still a TD. NE is still 3-0 I believe (if your talking about schedules wow!!). \

New England has the 3rd hardest schedule in the league this year, so im not sure what your "wow" is all about.  Broncos have the 4th easiest by the way, not that it matters really.. You play who is on your schedule... but the Pats have one of the harder ones in the league this year.

It is what it is

...and that team is and Peyton definately is. People act like Demarious Thomas is as good as Marvin Harrison and Decker is Reggie Wayne and Julius Thomas is Jimmy Graham and Moreno is Edge. Outside of Welker none of those guys are proven commodities...certainly talented but really...nobodies...you wouldn't start a receiving core with any of them. Peyton raises the level of everyone..and outside Welker being Welker that offense runs because of him. There are a few qbs in the league that can do what Peyton can do with these guys but lets not act like those guys are Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, AJ Green, Megatron or any other premier wide reciever. I would compare the talent to the GB Packers wide recievers...and well Peyton is playing at a much higher quality than Aaron Rodgers. Not to say Peyton does have great talent around him but the time he has put in with them has raised all their level.

Whoa, I dont think anyone thinks these guys are HoF bound just yet, but you are criminally underselling that WR core. 

Every single one of these guys is a #1 on a team. Thomas 6-3 230 1st rd pick,  Decker is 6-3 206, 3rd....obviously Welker is Welker...Moreno is a 1st rounder, and this new TE is something Peyton has NEVER played with (a basketball player TE)......Pound for Pound this may be the leagues best WR core, with or without Peyton. 

New England has the 3rd hardest schedule in the league this year, so im not sure what your "wow" is all about.  Broncos have the 4th easiest by the way, not that it matters really.. You play who is on your schedule... but the Pats have one of the harder ones in the league this year.

It is what it is

Schedules at the beginning of the year never matter. It is the strength of schedule when the year ends that matters. KC Chiefs, Colts, and possibly Chargers can single handedly change the strength of schedule for the Broncos when it is all said and done, IMO (just like Jets and Bills could mess up the Pats' SOS at the end). :)

The reason for the easy SOS at the beginning is the Raiders, Chiefs and Chargers in the division as a whole from last year for the Broncos. Just like how the Texans ended up playing the most difficult schedule by the end of last year with the Colts making a turnaround.

Past 2 Games:

Indeed...but you can't just pick your stats that prove your point...you should use all of them. Just goes to show he sin't really throwing more than most top qbs in the league...not padding his stats. I will say that the 0 ints is the most impressive to me. Peyton is a brilliant mind...but he doesn't have the best arm in the nfl. His mistakes usually come not because he read a defense wrong (typically) but because a throw comes up short or is off. He works with such small windows etc it just goes to show how precise he has been. To throw that much with 0 ints is Brady like...and I mean that as a compliment. Peyton has never been Favre or Eli...big risk/reward but he also typically throws a pick or two dropping back that many times. This stretch is even special for him...0 ints in 3 games...thats pretty special no matter who you are throwing this much in the league....12 TDs to boot...some defensive coordinators are going to be driven to drink. If the rest of the team could eliminate their boneheaded turnovers imagine what we would see.

If Denver doesn't give free points to teams with muffed punts or spot teams leads like last year with HOU and NE...they are going to win most games.

the way things are looking i think this the game we are most likely gonna lose...i was watching video on the sea hawks and they play sooooo different on the road i think we can be the hawks...but i can't help but to feel peyton is gonna light us up

The short week, I am not fond of the NFL making us go west on MNF vs the Chargers and then coming back on SNF vs Peyton. I wish we had a normal week before playing Peyton. Oh well.

Well Rodgers played against the Redskins and Stafford did too in the last two games so that is going to easily skew the numbers.  Redskins D is the worst in history.

And for the broncos schedule, it's remained to be seen how hard it is. You still have to beat who's on your schedule. And if we're comparing it to New England, not exactly like NE has faced any legitimate qb yet at all, while the broncos have faced two SB winning qbs. Broncos had the second hardest schedule last year entering into the season, so saying the patriots have one of the hardest ones right now means nothing.

Peyton is off to the best start in NFL history. Will it continue? We'll see.

Whoa, I dont think anyone thinks these guys are HoF bound just yet, but you are criminally underselling that WR core. 

Every single one of these guys is a #1 on a team. Thomas 6-3 230 1st rd pick,  Decker is 6-3 206, 3rd....obviously Welker is Welker...Moreno is a 1st rounder, and this new TE is something Peyton has NEVER played with (a basketball player TE)......Pound for Pound this may be the leagues best WR core, with or without Peyton. 

I disagree. Nope not even close. They have developed into one on some teams YES but did you think that before last year when Peyton got ahold of them??? Peyton is molding that talent...great qbs make the most of it...look at Tom in NE..case in point by the end of this year and next those guys people will say are stud receivers but without Tom I doubt it. There are clearly way better receivers in the NFL. I still think GB is the closest match....athletic and talented (maybe even NYG) but none you would say is a stud receiver like Bryant, Megatron, Fitz, Green, Jones, Marshall, A. Johnson, Wayne, Jackson I could go on and on. I promise these guys were nice young kids but no way they blow up without Peyton's help. I'm not saying they are scrubs...Blair White but Peyton has had better targets before in Wayne, Harrison, Stokely, Clark than what he has now. I'm just saying these guys have benefited soo much from being under Peyton's totulige. (sp) He takes good receivers and makes them look great...and great receivers and makes them HOF worthy. Peyton doesn't have even what I would say is one of the top 15/20 wr in the league. What I was saying is you wouldn't trade Dez Bryant or Julio Jones etc for any of these guys....and certainly not a year or two ago.  

Well Rodgers played against the Redskins and Stafford did too in the last two games so that is going to easily skew the numbers.  Redskins D is the worst in history.

And for the broncos schedule, it's remained to be seen how hard it is. You still have to beat who's on your schedule. And if we're comparing it to New England, not exactly like NE has faced any legitimate qb yet at all, while the broncos have faced two SB winning qbs. Broncos had the second hardest schedule last year entering into the season, so saying the patriots have one of the hardest ones right now means nothing.

Peyton is off to the best start in NFL history. Will it continue? We'll see.

Expect by time play Pats, BB will have Pats ready, its in New England, & some receivers will be back like kronk,& amendola 

Pats were lucky got to play rookie QBs early either could of been a loss , and last week QB to WR connection better, and good power running & OL

will be intersting

Past 2 Games:

u have to admit , Peyton just ran out clock in 2nd half , run plays increased dramatically, he could of tyhrown for way more but with n big lead didnt have too and why not give Hillman his first rushing TD of season

Rodgers did same in his second game he could of thrown for more

Ball must not keep fumbling, can wreck a close game, Clark played well save for that 1 play causing sack fumbled getting close to if not in redzone

New England has the 3rd hardest schedule in the league this year, so im not sure what your "wow" is all about. Broncos have the 4th easiest by the way, not that it matters really.. You play who is on your schedule... but the Pats have one of the harder ones in the league this year.

It is what it is

yeah, the jets bills and buccs. Quite the gauntlet

These numbers are almost criminal....

.....against nickel defenses... with a revamped O-line....

........we are seeing something that I have never seen before...

Denver has edges in the mid field and on the outside.....and unless you play 2 deep safeties AND can single cover both outside receivers (Seattle), barring injury or bad weather....who stops this insanity?

Both true

Managed to stay up and watch but am dead now, and basically worthless ,m actually had coffee at half time or wouldn't of made it

Peyton Leads both QBR which i still dont get and in QB rating

One thing I hope Tony Carter is ok, will be further evaluated today

oldunclemark

i heard and u asked about Bailey and setback statement, I read it as in future, but either read later or heard last night that last Thursday he said he suffered a setback with much more pain,, that is maybe when he said he will have pain all season, not sure  ??

this team just has to stop making errors if game is close, esp ball never fumbled in college and 2 in 2 straight weeks, esp as Peyton said in 4 minute time to close out a game must stop and be fixed, (( that could lead to game changer in close games ))

Clark did well save for that 1 play

Do not expect me here today, need to lay down , am dizzy, I guess just getting old and late games g hard to handle

I disagree. Nope not even close. They have developed into one on some teams YES but did you think that before last year when Peyton got ahold of them??? Peyton is molding that talent...great qbs make the most of it...look at Tom in NE..case in point by the end of this year and next those guys people will say are stud receivers but without Tom I doubt it. There are clearly way better receivers in the NFL. I still think GB is the closest match....athletic and talented (maybe even NYG) but none you would say is a stud receiver like Bryant, Megatron, Fitz, Green, Jones, Marshall, A. Johnson, Wayne, Jackson I could go on and on. I promise these guys were nice young kids but no way they blow up without Peyton's help. I'm not saying they are scrubs...Blair White but Peyton has had better targets before in Wayne, Harrison, Stokely, Clark than what he has now. I'm just saying these guys have benefited soo much from being under Peyton's totulige. (sp) He takes good receivers and makes them look great...and great receivers and makes them HOF worthy. Peyton doesn't have even what I would say is one of the top 15/20 wr in the league. What I was saying is you wouldn't trade Dez Bryant or Julio Jones etc for any of these guys....and certainly not a year or two ago.

Yes, people did think that about Thomas and Decker. It was lost in tebow mania, but it was Demaryious Thomas that won that playoff game vs Pitt, not tim tebow. To say nobody would start a receiving core with Thomas isn't close to the truth....many teams would. I would take him over Reggie, Marshall, A Johnson and Jackson. Love Peyton, but he doesn't have much to do with those WR screens that Thomas consistently turns into big gains.

While Decker isn't in the same league as Thomas, but one could tell he was better than his numbers indicated. The guy put up 8 TD's playing with crap at the QB position.

Yes. But we have seen it all before with Peyton, all the gaudy regular season numbers.

I am still not seeing enough from the Broncos' D with respect to pass rush and with respect to generating turnovers, tipped balls etc.

It is like a constant zone defense or prevent defense like Dungy had with ample zones to sit inside. I am glad the Colts learned from the Peyton era what kind of D we need to give our QB the ball back. The Denver D will not be able to give the ball back to their QB when they need it the most against good QBs, I feel.

They will stop gimmicky QBs as the game goes on but they will have issues with O-lines that protect well and elite pocket passers, and AGAIN, it will be reliant on Peyton putting up 30 points against a playoff D constantly and if he has an off day, they are out of the playoffs in a close game.

Agreed on all that. The pass rush is simply not there. It might be enough to rattle poor/average QB's but the Brady's/Brees/Rodgers of the world won't have an issue. Brady in particular he has a great line by default, though not much to throw to these days. He should have some guys back by the time the two teams meet.

It is what it is

I looked at about 6 different sites and I didn't find one that had New England's rated as the 3rd hardest. They all had it right about in the middle or a little above. Where are you getting that from?  Denver's is as you say.

I disagree. Nope not even close. They have developed into one on some teams YES but did you think that before last year when Peyton got ahold of them??? Peyton is molding that talent...great qbs make the most of it...look at Tom in NE..case in point by the end of this year and next those guys people will say are stud receivers but without Tom I doubt it. There are clearly way better receivers in the NFL. I still think GB is the closest match....athletic and talented (maybe even NYG) but none you would say is a stud receiver like Bryant, Megatron, Fitz, Green, Jones, Marshall, A. Johnson, Wayne, Jackson I could go on and on. I promise these guys were nice young kids but no way they blow up without Peyton's help. I'm not saying they are scrubs...Blair White but Peyton has had better targets before in Wayne, Harrison, Stokely, Clark than what he has now. I'm just saying these guys have benefited soo much from being under Peyton's totulige. (sp) He takes good receivers and makes them look great...and great receivers and makes them HOF worthy. Peyton doesn't have even what I would say is one of the top 15/20 wr in the league. What I was saying is you wouldn't trade Dez Bryant or Julio Jones etc for any of these guys....and certainly not a year or two ago.  

No I prob. wouldn't trade Dez, Fitz, Calvin, AJ, Marshall, Julio for any Den WR.

And Peyton def. makes every WR better...but as a stand alone WR core, I'd take it over any other in the league....it would come down to: ATL, GB, and maybe NYG. 

Thomas/Decker/Welkler/Thomas

Roddy/Julio/ ?/ Tony G

Nelson/Jones/Cobb/Finley

I think people have underestimated just how good Demaryius Thomas is. He was plagued by injuries his first 2 seasons..... The last 5 games of his 2nd year, he had a line of 25/448/3, which is simply incredible, not only that, but in the 2 playoff games that year he had 10/297/1. That would put him on pace to have a 80/1433/9 season, and that was with TEBOW at QB.....Oddly enough, the very next year Peyton comes to town, and DT puts up 94/1434/10......

To the people saying Manning has only put up these numbers because of an easy schedule, realize that the Ravens have only given up 7 TDs this season, and ALL were by Peyton... And the Oakland team last night is the same one that gave us such a tough game that we could've easily lost.

As for Denver's pass rush, you have to remember, the top pass rusher in the league is on their team, he just wont be playing until week 7.

I'm a huge Colts fan and huge Andrew Luck fan...I think he will be a great QB...but i'm also a huge Peyton Manning fan, have been since I was 16 and he was playing at the University of Tennessee... but for ANYONE on this board to act like they wouldn't be going crazy if it were Luck putting up these numbers, is just silly.   I fully expect Luck to keep getting better and better...but if he were playing like Peyton is right now, we would be the best team in the NFL.

I looked at about 6 different sites and I didn't find one that had New England's rated as the 3rd hardest. They all had it right about in the middle or a little above. Where are you getting that from?  Denver's is as you say.

true but as we know these are based on last years won loss records, KC will be a tough defense with good staff & they dont reflect last years team won loss record

they are only ones that come to mind as in division, dont really know all they play offhand or how they did last year compared to this year though is early, KC just sticks out

Dead tired, late games bad for me, wrote enough on here today, time to get some more sleep or will as before fall asleep on computer keyboard after Ravens game

Yes, people did think that about Thomas and Decker. It was lost in tebow mania, but it was Demaryious Thomas that won that playoff game vs Pitt, not tim tebow. To say nobody would start a receiving core with Thomas isn't close to the truth....many teams would. I would take him over Reggie, Marshall, A Johnson and Jackson. Love Peyton, but he doesn't have much to do with those WR screens that Thomas consistently turns into big gains.

While Decker isn't in the same league as Thomas, but one could tell he was better than his numbers indicated. The guy put up 8 TD's playing with crap at the QB position.

No problem. Perhaps I evaluate their talen differently but I definately don't have Decker rated that high...not at all. I think he is a nice piece but not better than say Roddy White or Jordy Nelson, Victor Cruz, etc...he has a nice big frame though...Thomas too...something Peyton hasn't had but I will tell you...TY could take those screens to the house too....its all about Peyton reading the defense and putting his guys in the right place to succeed. It all starts with the QB in my mind and while these guys are good on any other team outside of NE, GB, NO I don't think they have nearly the same success. Again...just my opinion and I respect yours...and Tebow did win that game....if that throw wasn't PERFECT...if he had to really slow up or jump or anything...he doesn't go to the house...hit him in stride..... ;)  best throw of Tebow's career.

true but as we know these are based on last years won loss records, KC will be a tough defense with good staff & they dont reflect last years team won loss record

they are only ones that come to mind as in division, dont really know all they play offhand or how they did last year compared to this year though is early, KC just sticks out

Dead tired, late games bad for me, wrote enough on here today, time to get some more sleep or will as before fall asleep on computer keyboard after Ravens game

For sure I agree . Just wondering what his source was for that.

The short week, I am not fond of the NFL making us go west on MNF vs the Chargers and then coming back on SNF vs Peyton. I wish we had a normal week before playing Peyton. Oh well.

http://12thmanrising.com/2013/09/23/draft/......agreed at least people are giving us the better chance to beat the sea hawks then any other team in the afc south........(hope the link works)