Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's Wrong With Jacob Tamme?

icf

He seems to have played very little if at all this seasons on offense.

He was great after Clark's injury last year, and I really figured they would find a way to involve him in the offense more -- even with Clark healthy.

So -- is he injured or was he just somehow passed on the depth chart by Eldridge?

Given how bad Clark's played this year, I wouldn't mind giving Tamme some reps as the #1 TE if he's heatlhy.

I have not read anything about him being injured so I imagine that they are just not playing him. Since he is pass catching TE that having him and Clark out there at the same time is probably not preferred because of the help the TEs are required to give with our patch work OL. I would have to imagine our coaching staff would be imaginative enough to be able to get him on the field. Tamme was superb for us last year and deserves some time out there.

We see what the Pats can do with their TEs and we should be able to do something like that Tamme and Clark. I have to hope it is the fact we are requiring more blocking from our TEs and that is why he is not playing then our OC does not know how to get him onto the field. With the way our coaching staff has been this year I would not be surprised if that is not the case.

Clark has contributed little to the offense this year, and neither has Collie. One of both of them used to bust up the seams for huge gains multiple times per game. Part of this can probably be attributed to neither player looking "right" after their injury plagued 2010 seasons, but you also have to assume that a lot of it has to do with the game plan being simplified without Peyton.

The point is, if the haven't even involved the first and second inside options, and neither the #3 RB or the #4 WR were even targeted until game 5, I wouldn't worry too much about the #3 tight end. He's just Clark's backup unless they decide to make the offense MORE complicated, which isn't likely at the moment.

And if you think Clark has a problem blocking at 252 pounds, what do you think that Tamme is going to accomplish at 236 pounds?

this is an example of one difference between the colts and the pats over the years. Even with Tamme not being a great blocker we should find a way to get tamme and clark on the field at the same time. Both create matchup problems. The fact that we havent is just poor usage of the talent available

this is an example of one difference between the colts and the pats over the years. Even with Tamme not being a great blocker we should find a way to get tamme and clark on the field at the same time. Both create matchup problems. The fact that we havent is just poor usage of the talent available

what is that way?.....bench Garcon..Reggie?..Go with no blocking back..

Tamme and Clark are the same player...

I'm not surprised he sees less PT. He's an adequate starting TE on 75% of the teams in this league, he can make catches and move the chains and he proved it under fire last season.

So this season our coaching staff has just chosen not to take advantage of that.

I mean sure, some of it has to do with Peyton's absence. If Peyton were running the offense he'd be out there more than he has been, but that's not the sole reason. We could line up in a 2 TE set with Clark and Tamme and be just as dangerous as we are when Collie is in the slot.

Tamme could even make a chip block on his way into his route which would only help even more.

It seems to be mainly because our coaching staff is just choosing to ignore him. But at this point they've ignored so much other harmful crap it's not surprising.

there are definitely situations where you could go two TE two WR one back. They arent great blocking TE's but that doesnt mean they can't block.

Especially because you could put Tamme in the slot clark on the line. Dont make it seem like its unfathomable to have two receiving TE's in the game at the same time.

i can't believe all the clark haters in this thread. where are all the "clarke is one of the best te's in the league" posters?? i have said for a long time (probably two or more forums ago) clark is WAY overrated and the colts should have never given him top te money.

Peyton's touch and unbelieveable accuracy leading recievers into and out of routes perfectly has made a LOT of recievers look pretty Good. Dallas's main attribute has always been his matchup speed vs. LB's and Safety's, and he is good at finding the holes in zone, but if he is not catching the ball, and appears to hear footsteps at times, might be time to see what Tamme can do with Painter. Why not? Heck, we arent going to the PO's anyway.

Need to start reporting Clark's confidence level in the injury report.

True word has it he tried to slip media attention after the game lol... the way i see it put tamme in, he's faster and is a better blocker although he's smaller... which is a bit of a head scratchier.. A former receiver being a better blocker than a receiving TE... Clark needs to tighten up.

there are definitely situations where you could go two TE two WR one back. They arent great blocking TE's but that doesnt mean they can't block.

Especially because you could put Tamme in the slot clark on the line. Dont make it seem like its unfathomable to have two receiving TE's in the game at the same time.

That's basically playing 4 wide receivers......it doesnt make any sense...

..You might as well put 4 REAL wide receivers out here and not two TE-WR hybrids....

We're slow enough as it is.

It just isnt a good idea..