Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Truth in yesterdays outcome...

Indeee

As bad as our oline is right now and as much as Luck was muddled in the pocket.. If vinny makes that opening game field goal we are in position to win with another field goal at the end.

Trust me im not happy with the loss but im okay.. Sometimes the ball bounces the others team way or in this case off the upright

I think if we had went for it on 4th and 1 it changes the whole game. I find it hard to buy in to the power run idea when you don't have the confidence to gain 1 yard.

Exactly. I was hoping we were going to play aggressive on those 4th and 1's with Bradshaw powering through to get the 1st down.

As bad as our oline is right now and as much as Luck was muddled in the pocket.. If vinny makes that opening game field goal we are in position to win with another field goal at the end.

Trust me im not happy with the loss but im okay.. Sometimes the ball bounces the others team way or in this case off the upright

I agree

The goal post hit was a fluke....we were down 14-3

I was pleased with over 400 yards of offense and just one turnover

We don't have much of a pass rush....

But we have some time...If we can get to 4-3........we're still OK

I agree

The goal post hit was a fluke....we were down 14-3

I was pleased with over 400 yards of offense and just one turnover

We don't have much of a pass rush....

But we have some time...If we can get to 4-3........we're still OK

2nd and 1 (or was it 2?) and we throw deep....fine...but then to turn around and throw again on 3 and 1 and we pass again....don't get it...then attempt a long FG...i knew when it happened that might be the difference in the game....

i think we are still okay even if we are 3-4 honestly....other than jax our next 5 games are brutal...even arizona is going to be a tough game....

2nd and 1 (or was it 2?) and we throw deep....fine...but then to turn around and throw again on 3 and 1 and we pass again....don't get it...then attempt a long FG...i knew when it happened that might be the difference in the game....

i think we are still okay even if we are 3-4 honestly....other than jax our next 5 games are brutal...even arizona is going to be a tough game....

It was 2nd-1 and we threw twice with Bradshaw in the backfield. Drove me nuts!

It was 2nd-1 and we threw twice with Bradshaw in the backfield. Drove me nuts!

Thats what I'm saying.....horrible play calling then you settle for a long field goal....i don't mind the deep shot on 2nd and 1...but that is done when you are pretty certain you can get the first down on the next play or even the next two plays....then we pass again....then attempt a 52+ yard field goal giving them the ball at practically half field....

that possession realllllly ate at me the rest of the first half....for good reason, because it may have been the difference in the game....

Pat woulda made it

It's fair to speculate at this point there are some people on this forum who do not think before they post. 

Jerk-or-Knee-Jerk.jpg

And let me guess if Vinny made the field goal the game from that point on would have played out the exact same (up until 4th & 10)? If he made the field goal you don't know jack about what would've happened the rest of the game. None of us know and never will know. Just let the sleeping dog lie people...