Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

positives and negatives from Raiders game

TheJACKCOLT

Positives 1-Of course Andrew Luck, Luck will prove he is a top five QB this year, without Luck we have no chance of beating anybody.I just hope we don't have to ride Lucks back, like we did Peyton.I think he can improve his pre-play reads, such as understanding and reading the blitz and getting us out of a negative play, with calls at the line, and this will come with more experience.There is no QB in the league I would rather have.He will be a legitimate MVP this season and is probably more important to his team than any player in the league. 2-Reggie Wayne,Mr.reliable is so important to the Colts both on and off the field. Wayne is a true leader in every sense of the word. He is tough as nails and real inspiration to all his teammates and especially the young guys, who can watch Wayne to learn how to become a true pro, 3-DHB-I know he didn't put up big stats, but he made some huge plays yesterday and no drops.I think he will pay bid dividends for the Colts this season. 4-The run defense against the Raiders RB'S.Yes they were terrible at containing Pryor, but McFadden is a good back and they held him in check. 5-Laron Landry,Landry was all over the field and made his presence known with some big hits,if he can stay healthy he will be a force. 6-Antoine Betha,he had a down year last year,because he was trying to do to much,yesterday he played like the Betha of old and is another great leader.This could be the best safety duo in the league. 7-Vic Ballard,he just runs hard on every play,He's not exceptionally fast or quick,but has great vision and never gives up on a play,he is a lot stronger than he is given credit for and just keeps churning and makes something out of nothing.I love his effort and punishing style,once Bradshaw gets up to speed, we will have two physical runners who can close out games in the fourth qtr. The Negatives 1-Pass Blocking,at times it was good at other times it was horrible,with solid protection this offense would be unstoppable.I watch S.F. AND N.E.and can't help but think if Luck had this kind of protection we would be the #1 offense in the NFL.We have a rare player at QB and we have got to protect the franchise.Constanzo was abused all day long.This is the worst I have ever seen him play.The knee must still be bothering him,because I've never seen him play this bad.Hopefully it was just a bag game or a problem with his knee,if not we are in real trouble.We have to have solid play out of our LT,no matter who it is,like I said, hopefully Castanzo just had a bad game, if so I would rather he have it now than later in the season.Mcglynn was his normal lackluster self and Thornton can not start soon enough for me,I don't see how he could be any worse,Here's to hoping he starts soon.Donald Thomas who has looked like our best lineman so far, had a bad game Sunday.Some of his problems were a result of Castanzos poor play,but overall he played poorly.I'm not that worried about Thomas,as I just think he had a bad game.Satele,although not as bad as some games in the past,did not play well at all.I think we will have to live with Satele,as Holmes missed so much time, I just don't see him replacing Satele this season,I think with improved guard play (Thomas and Thornton)he will be better than last season.I would still rather have Shipley,but that ship has sailed.Center is a must upgrade this offeason.Cherilus didn't have a good game either,but I'm not worried about Cherilus as I do feel he is an upgrade,even though he has not shown it so far.The O-line as a whole will get better as they have more time to gel,lets hope it happens sooner than later because Sundays play will not cut it.The Dolphins will present a good test as they do have a good D-line and the Colts will need to get up to speed fast. Overall I believe once Thornton replaces Mcgylnn and the line has more time together, they will start to gel and play better.They will have to play better as I don't see how they could get worse than the were Sunday, another performance like Sunday will not cut it, and I think the fact that we only threw 23 passes Sunday kept it from looking a lot worse, but for the Colts to become the offense we want them to be,we will have to throw more than 23 passes a game and the O-line play will have to be much better. 2-The pass rush,the Colts pass rush was non-existing Sunday,Pryor had all the time in the world to look over the defense,this can not continue.I don't know what the Colts can do to improve,but they have got to do something.It looked like they were laying back to try and keep Pryor from scrambling, but that tactic didn.t work.I'm sure against a pocket passer they will dial up more blitz packages.they seemed afraid to blitz Pryor and at times it looked like they were using Werner as a spy to keep Pryor from scrambling,either way whatever they were trying to accomplish it didn't work.Our lineman were gassed from chasing Pryor all day.Considering the Raiders were without two of their starting lineman, the Cols pass rush is a huge concern.The pass rush was the Colts biggest problem Sunday.Good qb's will pick us apart if we don't improve in this department.Like I said this is a huge concern moving forward. Maybe Cam Johnson,once up to speed can help out,I don't know,but if the pass rush doesn't improve greatly in the upcoming weeks,we will have big problems stopping any team with a decent passing game. 3-Tackling, we missed a lot of tackles yesterday and it kept us from getting off the field on third down. 4-Third down defense was terrible Sunday, the Raiders converted a lot of third and ten or more.We would get them in third and long and then give up the big play on third down.Very frustrating. 5-Bjorn Werner-Werner didn't make a play all day.He gives up on plays and lacked hustle.He bit on the fake every time on the option and gave up big yardage. I know he's a rookie and learning a new position. but that has nothing to do with hustle.After biting on the fake he would just jog after the ballcarrier, no hustle or sense of urgency at all.Hopefully after this is pointed out while watching film, he will speed up his motor and start playing harder.I was really disappointed in his effort. Ovarall just a bad game by the Colts, but hey they got a win and that's what is important. A lot of these things are fixable and lets hope that's what the coaches can do, because another effort like that this week will result in a loss.Lets hope the coaches coach up what they can and the players are motivated to put forth a better effort.I would rather they have their bad game now, than later in the season.With a lot of new faces this team should get better as the season goes on. "GO COLTS"

Positives 1-Of course Andrew Luck, Luck will prove he is a top five QB this year, without Luck we have no chance of beating anybody.I just hope we don't have to ride Lucks back, like we did Peyton.I think he can improve his pre-play reads, such as understanding and reading the blitz and getting us out of a negative play, with calls at the line, and this will come with more experience.There is no QB in the league I would rather have.He will be a legitimate MVP this season and is probably more important to his team than any player in the league. 2-Reggie Wayne,Mr.reliable is so important to the Colts both on and off the field. Wayne is a true leader in every sense of the word. He is tough as nails and real inspiration to all his teammates and especially the young guys, who can watch Wayne to learn how to become a true pro, 3-DHB-I know he didn't put up big stats, but he made some huge plays yesterday and no drops.I think he will pay bid dividends for the Colts this season. 4-The run defense against the Raiders RB'S.Yes they were terrible at containing Pryor, but McFadden is a good back and they held him in check. 5-Laron Landry,Landry was all over the field and made his presence known with some big hits,if he can stay healthy he will be a force. 6-Antoine Betha,he had a down year last year,because he was trying to do to much,yesterday he played like the Betha of old and is another great leader.This could be the best safety duo in the league. 7-Vic Ballard,he just runs hard on every play,He's not exceptionally fast or quick,but has great vision and never gives up on a play,he is a lot stronger than he is given credit for and just keeps churning and makes something out of nothing.I love his effort and punishing style,once Bradshaw gets up to speed, we will have two physical runners who can close out games in the fourth qtr. The Negatives 1-Pass Blocking,at times it was good at other times it was horrible,with solid protection this offense would be unstoppable.I watch S.F. AND N.E.and can't help but think if Luck had this kind of protection we would be the #1 offense in the NFL.We have a rare player at QB and we have got to protect the franchise.Constanzo was abused all day long.This is the worst I have ever seen him play.The knee must still be bothering him,because I've never seen him play this bad.Hopefully it was just a bag game or a problem with his knee,if not we are in real trouble.We have to have solid play out of our LT,no matter who it is,like I said, hopefully Castanzo just had a bad game, if so I would rather he have it now than later in the season.Mcglynn was his normal lackluster self and Thornton can not start soon enough for me,I don't see how he could be any worse,Here's to hoping he starts soon.Donald Thomas who has looked like our best lineman so far, had a bad game Sunday.Some of his problems were a result of Castanzos poor play,but overall he played poorly.I'm not that worried about Thomas,as I just think he had a bad game.Satele,although not as bad as some games in the past,did not play well at all.I think we will have to live with Satele,as Holmes missed so much time, I just don't see him replacing Satele this season,I think with improved guard play (Thomas and Thornton)he will be better than last season.I would still rather have Shipley,but that ship has sailed.Center is a must upgrade this offeason.Cherilus didn't have a good game either,but I'm not worried about Cherilus as I do feel he is an upgrade,even though he has not shown it so far.The O-line as a whole will get better as they have more time to gel,lets hope it happens sooner than later because Sundays play will not cut it.The Dolphins will present a good test as they do have a good D-line and the Colts will need to get up to speed fast. Overall I believe once Thornton replaces Mcgylnn and the line has more time together, they will start to gel and play better.They will have to play better as I don't see how they could get worse than the were Sunday, another performance like Sunday will not cut it, and I think the fact that we only threw 23 passes Sunday kept it from looking a lot worse, but for the Colts to become the offense we want them to be,we will have to throw more than 23 passes a game and the O-line play will have to be much better. 2-The pass rush,the Colts pass rush was non-existing Sunday,Pryor had all the time in the world to look over the defense,this can not continue.I don't know what the Colts can do to improve,but they have got to do something.It looked like they were laying back to try and keep Pryor from scrambling, but that tactic didn.t work.I'm sure against a pocket passer they will dial up more blitz packages.they seemed afraid to blitz Pryor and at times it looked like they were using Werner as a spy to keep Pryor from scrambling,either way whatever they were trying to accomplish it didn't work.Our lineman were gassed from chasing Pryor all day.Considering the Raiders were without two of their starting lineman, the Cols pass rush is a huge concern.The pass rush was the Colts biggest problem Sunday.Good qb's will pick us apart if we don't improve in this department.Like I said this is a huge concern moving forward. Maybe Cam Johnson,once up to speed can help out,I don't know,but if the pass rush doesn't improve greatly in the upcoming weeks,we will have big problems stopping any team with a decent passing game. 3-Tackling, we missed a lot of tackles yesterday and it kept us from getting off the field on third down. 4-Third down defense was terrible Sunday, the Raiders converted a lot of third and ten or more.We would get them in third and long and then give up the big play on third down.Very frustrating. 5-Bjorn Werner-Werner didn't make a play all day.He gives up on plays and lacked hustle.He bit on the fake every time on the option and gave up big yardage. I know he's a rookie and learning a new position. but that has nothing to do with hustle.After biting on the fake he would just jog after the ballcarrier, no hustle or sense of urgency at all.Hopefully after this is pointed out while watching film, he will speed up his motor and start playing harder.I was really disappointed in his effort. Ovarall just a bad game by the Colts, but hey they got a win and that's what is important. A lot of these things are fixable and lets hope that's what the coaches can do, because another effort like that this week will result in a loss.Lets hope the coaches coach up what they can and the players are motivated to put forth a better effort.I would rather they have their bad game now, than later in the season.With a lot of new faces this team should get better as the season goes on. "GO COLTS"

I see you put a lot of effort into this, but your kidding if someone is gonna read all this. next time go with bullets

Positives

1 - Of course Andrew Luck, Luck will prove he is a top five QB this year, without Luck we have no chance of beating anybody.I just hope we don't have to ride Lucks back, like we did Peyton.I think he can improve his pre-play reads, such as understanding and reading the blitz and getting us out of a negative play, with calls at the line, and this will come with more experience.There is no QB in the league I would rather have.He will be a legitimate MVP this season and is probably more important to his team than any player in the league.

2 - Reggie Wayne,Mr.reliable is so important to the Colts both on and off the field. Wayne is a true leader in every sense of the word. He is tough as nails and real inspiration to all his teammates and especially the young guys, who can watch Wayne to learn how to become a true pro,

3 - DHB-I know he didn't put up big stats, but he made some huge plays yesterday and no drops.I think he will pay bid dividends for the Colts this season.

4 - The run defense against the Raiders RB'S.Yes they were terrible at containing Pryor, but McFadden is a good back and they held him in check.

5 - Laron Landry,Landry was all over the field and made his presence known with some big hits,if he can stay healthy he will be a force.

6 - Antoine Betha,he had a down year last year,because he was trying to do to much,yesterday he played like the Betha of old and is another great leader.This could be the best safety duo in the league.

7 - Vic Ballard,he just runs hard on every play,He's not exceptionally fast or quick,but has great vision and never gives up on a play,he is a lot stronger than he is given credit for and just keeps churning and makes something out of nothing.I love his effort and punishing style,once Bradshaw gets up to speed, we will have two physical runners who can close out games in the fourth qtr.

The Negatives 

1 - Pass Blocking,at times it was good at other times it was horrible,with solid protection this offense would be unstoppable.I watch S.F. AND N.E.and can't help but think if Luck had this kind of protection we would be the #1 offense in the NFL.We have a rare player at QB and we have got to protect the franchise.Constanzo was abused all day long.This is the worst I have ever seen him play.The knee must still be bothering him,because I've never seen him play this bad.Hopefully it was just a bag game or a problem with his knee,if not we are in real trouble.We have to have solid play out of our LT,no matter who it is,like I said, hopefully Castanzo just had a bad game, if so I would rather he have it now than later in the season.Mcglynn was his normal lackluster self and Thornton can not start soon enough for me,I don't see how he could be any worse,Here's to hoping he starts soon.Donald Thomas who has looked like our best lineman so far, had a bad game Sunday.Some of his problems were a result of Castanzos poor play,but overall he played poorly.I'm not that worried about Thomas,as I just think he had a bad game.Satele,although not as bad as some games in the past,did not play well at all.I think we will have to live with Satele,as Holmes missed so much time, I just don't see him replacing Satele this season,I think with improved guard play (Thomas and Thornton)he will be better than last season.I would still rather have Shipley,but that ship has sailed.Center is a must upgrade this offeason.Cherilus didn't have a good game either,but I'm not worried about Cherilus as I do feel he is an upgrade,even though he has not shown it so far.The O-line as a whole will get better as they have more time to gel,lets hope it happens sooner than later because Sundays play will not cut it.The Dolphins will present a good test as they do have a good D-line and the Colts will need to get up to speed fast. Overall I believe once Thornton replaces Mcgylnn and the line has more time together, they will start to gel and play better.They will have to play better as I don't see how they could get worse than the were Sunday, another performance like Sunday will not cut it, and I think the fact that we only threw 23 passes Sunday kept it from looking a lot worse, but for the Colts to become the offense we want them to be,we will have to throw more than 23 passes a game and the O-line play will have to be much better.

2 - The pass rush,the Colts pass rush was non-existing Sunday,Pryor had all the time in the world to look over the defense,this can not continue.I don't know what the Colts can do to improve,but they have got to do something.It looked like they were laying back to try and keep Pryor from scrambling, but that tactic didn.t work.I'm sure against a pocket passer they will dial up more blitz packages.they seemed afraid to blitz Pryor and at times it looked like they were using Werner as a spy to keep Pryor from scrambling,either way whatever they were trying to accomplish it didn't work.Our lineman were gassed from chasing Pryor all day.Considering the Raiders were without two of their starting lineman, the Cols pass rush is a huge concern.The pass rush was the Colts biggest problem Sunday.Good qb's will pick us apart if we don't improve in this department.Like I said this is a huge concern moving forward. Maybe Cam Johnson,once up to speed can help out,I don't know,but if the pass rush doesn't improve greatly in the upcoming weeks,we will have big problems stopping any team with a decent passing game.

3 - Tackling, we missed a lot of tackles yesterday and it kept us from getting off the field on third down.

4 - Third down defense was terrible Sunday, the Raiders converted a lot of third and ten or more.We would get them in third and long and then give up the big play on third down.Very frustrating.

5 - Bjorn Werner-Werner didn't make a play all day.He gives up on plays and lacked hustle.He bit on the fake every time on the option and gave up big yardage. I know he's a rookie and learning a new position. but that has nothing to do with hustle.After biting on the fake he would just jog after the ballcarrier, no hustle or sense of urgency at all.Hopefully after this is pointed out while watching film, he will speed up his motor and start playing harder.I was really disappointed in his effort. Ovarall just a bad game by the Colts, but hey they got a win and that's what is important. A lot of these things are fixable and lets hope that's what the coaches can do, because another effort like that this week will result in a loss.Lets hope the coaches coach up what they can and the players are motivated to put forth a better effort.I would rather they have their bad game now, than later in the season.With a lot of new faces this team should get better as the season goes on. "GO COLTS"

That's a little easier.

Our OL is still shaky. Speed rushers off the edge will bother both Castanzo and Cherilus, they are more equipped to handle bigger DEs, it seems like. I do think Castanzo is not 100% yet.

Wake and Jordan are going to be a handful and in Luck's face. I'd suggest running draws and screens to slow them down, and then when they stop coming after you all the time, you go 3 WRs and stretch the field, that is where the Dolphins game can be won.

When you go 3 WRs and 1 TE, chances are you will at best get a safety or LB to cover your TE and mismatches will happen more. I'm voting POSSE personnel for this game.

Holy lack of paragraphs batman!!! o.0

Way too long. Sorry