Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Panther vs Ravens Thread

Gavin

A couple things I have noticed about this game:

Star is manhandling Gradkowski, stuffing the run, getting a couple pressures

Keuchley has EXCELLENT play recognition skills, the dude is a BEAST

The Panthers front 7 can be a real force if they stay healthy

That starting O Line for the Ravens all around looks very vulnerable

Now obviously its preseason so make of it what you will but, I think if Cam progresses (I have my doubts at this point) the Panthers could be a team that wont be an easy checkmark win on the calendar for many teams

Two straight home pre-season duds for the Ravens starters. Special teams and offense very bad. Flacco not looking good , running game stinks , receivers look bad except for Stokely. 3 turnovers . Harbaugh said last week that the Ravens played their worst half ever against the Falcons. Well so far through the first half, they topped it. Time for Biscotti to start tweeting like Irsay ! Lol

Raven's O looked good on their scripted first drive.  Rice walked in nearly untouched on a goal line run.  They have been horrid ever since that drive. The INT pick 6 was a receiver mistake (not running his hot route on a overload blitz, etc...).  Bad play and blame all around.  Both Pat's and Raven's showed weakness in the armor before these games but I still think Pat division to lose and Ravens will win a good portion of games too.

Two straight home pre-season duds for the Ravens starters. Special teams and offense very bad. Flacco not looking good , running game stinks , receivers look bad except for Stokely. 3 turnovers . Harbaugh said last week that the Ravens played their worst half ever against the Falcons. Well so far through the first half, they topped it. Time for Biscotti to start tweeting like Irsay ! Lol

I always felt that losing Boldin and Pitta took a lot of chain moving yards from the Ravens offense. It is going to be feast or famine with the outside wideouts if they have to rely on Torrey Smith and Jacoby Jones, IMO (unless it is the Broncos :)).

Doss misread the route that caused the one interception. Carolina defense looks very good , and it does look like Gradkowski is no Matt Birk. The Ravens look very bad right now , and although I like some of the guys Ozzie brought in, obviously they have not jelled yet. Even though New England isn't playing well tonight , they are in a cakewalk division. With a good Bengals team , always dangerous Pittsburgh , and improving Cleveland, the Ravens will be in big trouble if they don't pick it up soon.

You guys may have well been right about losing Boldin. They may have been able to pick up the slack with Pitta , but that option is gone. The one encouraging receiver tonight has been Stokely. I would be less than honest if I told you I like what I've seen tonight. There are many concerns.

Ravens picked it up a bit on early 2nd half , but not a great performance. Besides Elam , there were plenty of mistakes and turnovers to go around. Not the kind of performance you hope to see in pre-season week 3.

Yeah but preseason means nothing. Most teams don't game plan a thing. I still like the Ravens in week 1 to beat the Broncs even on the road.

Kuechly is a beast.

I'll be honest- I won't watch most games unless there's a vested interest in it from the Colts standpoint, but there are some defensive players fun enough to watch that I'll even pay attention for non-Colts or fantasy football related purposes. Watt and Suh are two of them, and Kuechly's another. He's the next great MLB.