Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts working out former Illinois safety Ashante Williams.

Dustin

The Colts must know something is going to be going down with Joe Lefeged via 'league' or by team?

I was hoping Dexter Swanson could slide in and play.....yea I know UFA but I like him!!! :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:

So's this guy but no problem with them kicking the tyres, and honestly I'd like to see Lefeged go after his antics but I know not all agree with that hard line stance. 

The Colts must know something is going to be going down with Joe Lefeged via 'league' or by team?

Ehhh maybe, maybe not. I don't draw anything from it other than further confirmation that Grigs'll do anything to make sure that the guys who are invited to and participating in training camp are guys who aren't "camp bodies" but guys who have a shot. No stone unturned. ;)

So's this guy but no problem with them kicking the tyres, and honestly I'd like to see Lefeged go after his antics but I know not all agree with that hard line stance. 

You are correct on kicking those tires....

I am just wondering if the Colts have heard what may happen to Lefeged to look at safeties.....Landry... Lefeged....Sergio Brown....I did not think we were 'woefully thin' at the position.

Just out of interest, and in no way having a dig.... how many replies have you ever posted with just "Interesting"? I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or have a wide range of things you find interesting :P

I can only type with one hand so I stick to short responses since it would take 20 minutes to write a response it would take 5 or less for most.

a very good idea but why has he lasted this long?

A good question but you never know. Grigson must think this guy may be able to contribute and is just taking a look see. There are only so many roster spots and when one or two drop out Grigson fills them. There will be players that we the fans think will make this team and some who won't. All of us want to think we are well informed but film study and sometimes just hunches by Grigson and the coaches tell who stays and who goes. When all of the other teams start doing their cuts we will more than likely see some other players being looked at. 

A good question but you never know. Grigson must think this guy may be able to contribute and is just taking a look see. There are only so many roster spots and when one or two drop out Grigson fills them. There will be players that we the fans think will make this team and some who won't. All of us want to think we are well informed but film study and sometimes just hunches by Grigson and the coaches tell who stays and who goes. When all of the other teams start doing their cuts we will more than likely see some other players being looked at. 

agreed

You are correct on kicking those tires....

I am just wondering if the Colts have heard what may happen to Lefeged to look at safeties.....Landry... Lefeged....Sergio Brown....I did not think we were 'woefully thin' at the position.

Being where this happened Joe could be in real hot water IMO

a very good idea but why has he lasted this long?

I posted a link earlier about his story. He had a DUI and was busted for marijuana while Ron Zook was there. He was chronically late for team meetings and practices and was hence put in Zook's doghouse. Beckman came in, gave him a clean slate, and he apparently showed a lot more maturity, didn't get in trouble, and was something of a leader on a less than stellar team.

I was hoping Dexter Swanson could slide in and play.....yea I know UFA but I like him!!! :coltslogo::coltslogo:

It's actually Daxton, and he isn't a safety. He's just listed as that.

I posted a link earlier about his story. He had a DUI and was busted for marijuana while Ron Zook was there. He was chronically late for team meetings and practices and was hence put in Zook's doghouse. Beckman came in, gave him a clean slate, and he apparently showed a lot more maturity, didn't get in trouble, and was something of a leader on a less than stellar team.

thanks for the info.