Luck ranked #10 by Jaws in QB rankings

loudnproudcolt

perhaps its better to compare luck to schaubs earlier years

schaub 2004 33 of 70 330 yds 1 td 4int 47.1 completion 42 qb rating

2005 33 of 64 495 yards 4 tds 0 ints 51.6 completion 98 qb rating

2006 18 of 27 208 yards 1 td 2 int 66.7 completion 71.2 qb rating

2007192 of 289 66.4 completion 2241 yards 9 tds 9 ints 87.2 qb rating

2008 251 of 380 3,043 yards 66.1 completion 15 tds 10 ints 92.7 rating

it took schaub until 2009 nice to have a descent season granted in 2004 - 6 he didn't start

schaub has 9 4th quarter combacks / game winning drives    Luck has 7

Schuab didn't lead his team to the playoffs his first year starting.

It took schaub three years to lead the Texans to a record of more than 8-8

Schaub was sacked 16 and 23 times in 2007 and 2008 yet could lead them to a better record than 8-8 granted he was injured a lot those two years.

In 2009 he was sacked 25 five times and only lead the Texans to 9-7. Luck was sacked 41 times  and had a team that was outscored by the opposition yet still led them to 11-5. From what I see Luck should be a lot better than schaub.

2004 Falcons 6 1 33 70 47.1 330 4.7 1 4 4 14 42.0 2005 Falcons 16 1 33 64 51.6 495 7.7 4 0 6 27 98.1 2006 Falcons 16 0 18 27 66.7 208 7.7 1 2 2 8 71.2 2007 Texans 11 11 192 289 66.4 2,241 7.8 9 9 16 126 87.2 2008 Texans 11 11 251 380 66.1 3,043 8.0 15 10 23 149 92.7

2004 Falcons 6 1 33 70 47.1 330 4.7 1 4 4 14 42.0 2005 Falcons 16 1 33 64 51.6 495 7.7 4 0 6 27 98.1 2006 Falcons 16 0 18 27 66.7 208 7.7 1 2 2 8 71.2 2007 Texans 11 11 192 289 66.4 2,241 7.8 9 9 16 126 87.2 2008 Texans 11 11 251 380 66.1 3,043 8.0 15 10 23 149 92.7

You said it. Schaub was injured a lot through his years as a starter. It's amazing that he managed to even put up passing yards considering Andre was the only threat for a long time, including that 9-7 season you mentioned, where we relied solely on Andre and had no semblance of a run game. Looking forward to how our two QBs compare in the next few years.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually , just vividily

remembered , and came downstairs , turned on computer just to write this as will forget it tomorrow, but opened  my closet during the 4th grade after smelling smoke,  there was an electrical fire, my Colt helmet was melting around my football

when u grow up NY in an apartment building with 6 floors,, 11 apartments per floor and 6 buildings on your block , and blocks of same all around u and some great parks in walking distance and a schoolyard across the street .,Are many kids of all ages &  Yeah u learn sports young

as I was 4 when got a  rookie Unitas card in my first football pack , well guess I started sports  well before 4th  grade , had gym in 1st if not pre school so  by age 6 or 7 the most i was playing sports

Yeah, you're lucky. I only have a sister and we played catch sparingly, so I had to learn from just watching T.V. how to play. I didn't have any playing experience till I started in high school haha But some people are naturals.

Yea I thinking that if schaub doesn't step up this year with more weapons he might never step up he should be around 35 tds the weapons he has. I can't see the texans losing more than four games if schaub plays good they should be about 13-3 or 12-4 they might even finish with same record as colts as competitive as the two teams are.

actually , just vividily

remembered , and came downstairs , turned on computer just to write this as will forget it tomorrow, but opened my closet during the 4th grade after smelling smoke, there was an electrical fire, my Colt helmet was melting around my football

when u grow up NY in an apartment building with 6 floors,, 11 apartments per floor and 6 buildings on your block , and blocks of same all around u and some great parks in walking distance and a schoolyard across the street .,Are many kids of all ages & Yeah u learn sports young

as I was 4 when got a rookie Unitas card in my first football pack , well guess I started sports well before 4th grade , had gym in 1st if not pre school so by age 6 or 7 the most i was playing sports

Those were the good old days I always hear about. Kids playing outside instead of staying in with their electronics all the time lol. That was a good way to get started. I want to put my son in football, baseball, and basketball at a young age so he will be able to choose which he likes more and pursue it. Whenever I have kids lol.

Yea I thinking that if schaub doesn't step up this year with more weapons he might never step up he should be around 35 tds the weapons he has. I can't see the texans losing more than four games if schaub plays good they should be about 13-3 or 12-4 they might even finish with same record as colts as competitive as the two teams are.

Yep, we got Nuk to help him out, as well as a few defensive and ST needs. If he doesn't impress this year, Yates may start seeing a little more playing time....or maybe we'll make a bid for #15 in NE...:)

Jaws showed clips of Luck getting clobbered by defensive ends ( because of our bad oline) and remarked how tough he was. In one clip the defensive guy throws his body into Lucks gut and Luck says " good hit man" and he says it really fast like it didn't even hurt. The funny thing is it didn't look like it hurt him for real.

So whenever the argument fits Ballard is a nobody runningback. Right. We all know how much he contributed so let's not play that game. And 12 is the sole reason the team was turned around, despite his league-high turnover ratio. Nothing to do with the defense playing hard when it mattered or the running game or ST either. It was all the QB. As far as the Pro Bowl goes I don't see how it has anything to do with anything, but if we are going to play that game, guess who was voted in by the fans and guess who was an alternate?

I'm really trying to avoid having this stupid debate again. I only posted the QB1 and QB2 to prove a point. Don't call a guy garbage if your own Savior played worse than he did.

I understand your defending your QB. But Shaub is really what's holding your team back. This has nothing to do with if he's better than luck for me. But I'm not going to lie. If the texans had luck I would be scared the colts would have issues taking the division back. But you have Matt... I think you guys need to Draft your franchise QB soon.

I understand your defending your QB. But Shaub is really what's holding your team back. This has nothing to do with if he's better than luck for me. But I'm not going to lie. If the texans had luck I would be scared the colts would have issues taking the division back. But you have Matt... I think you guys need to Draft your franchise QB soon.

I have faith in him. We have a read-option QB and another guy who is more traditional but who also has wheels on the roster as well. Kubiak likes his QBs and TEs. I'm thinking if we don't see Super Bowl in 2 years and the fault is Matt's then we may see action from one of those two. Running QBs seems to be the new trend nowadays.

It was earned....    The Indy Colt's best teams of the Dungy era were in 03, 04, and 05.     What did Manning do in those games?  

The O /  QB fell short in those playoff games VS NE, NE, and Pitt.      The 05 team was the best Indy has EVER seen and got one and done'd.

Now post 06 Peyton did CARRY this team in the playoffs.        But prior, Manning had IT ALL.

agreed. besides we should know about it... everybody kept saying peyton choker when we colts fan knew it was MUCH MORE about the rest of the team than only PM

Matt Schaub better than Luck, Kaepernick, Wilson and RG3? Wow, that's ridiculous.

Luck is where he should be, but some guys are way too high.

Not ridiculous at all.  My understanding is it's a ranking of where they are right now.  The other guys you mentioned are still very young and have some developing and improving to do.  Ultimately they will very likely wind up being better than Schaub but the argument can definitely be made that they're not there yet.

he didnt play worse.

Answer this ? and this debate can be over:  If the Colts offer Luck to the Texans straight up for Schaub....would you want the Texans to accept the trade?

that's an unfair question for this ranking.  If it was a ranking of Best QB to build a franchise around then yes, Luck over Schaub every day of the week.  but that's not what this ranking is.  It's a ranking of where they stand right now.  so let me propose a counter question:

Scenario: You are an elderly GM or HC of the Texans.  This year is SB or bust and you're retiring after this year no matter what happens.  Who would you want as your QB?  Luck or Schaub?  An argument could be made for either guy but if you say that any GM or HC would choose Luck over Schaub in that situation then I call blind homerism.

What you say is true, but Qwiz is trolling. Schaub might have been statistically better last year (no argument, he was), but I think even Qwiz would take Luck over Schaub moving forward. If I'm not mistaken, Qwiz has stated as much.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, by the way.

I do agree that a couple of Qwiz's comments were a bit over the top, but his general defense of Schaub is understandable since this is a ranking of how the QB's stack up as of right now.  Again though, if the question changes to "Who do you want as your Franchise QB for the next 10 years" then yeah I think the answer is Luck all day every day and I'd be surprised if Qwiz disagreed.  but just like BigMcAfeeWithCheese said back on page 1, I think it's completely fair to rank Schaub ahead of Luck at this point in time in their careers.

Not ridiculous at all.  My understanding is it's a ranking of where they are right now.  The other guys you mentioned are still very young and have some developing and improving to do.  Ultimately they will very likely wind up being better than Schaub but the argument can definitely be made that they're not there yet.

that's an unfair question for this ranking.  If it was a ranking of Best QB to build a franchise around then yes, Luck over Schaub every day of the week.  but that's not what this ranking is.  It's a ranking of where they stand right now.  so let me propose a counter question:

Scenario: You are an elderly GM or HC of the Texans.  This year is SB or bust and you're retiring after this year no matter what happens.  Who would you want as your QB?  Luck or Schaub?  An argument could be made for either guy but if you say that any GM or HC would choose Luck over Schaub in that situation then I call blind homerism.

I do agree that a couple of Qwiz's comments were a bit over the top, but his general defense of Schaub is understandable since this is a ranking of how the QB's stack up as of right now.  Again though, if the question changes to "Who do you want as your Franchise QB for the next 10 years" then yeah I think the answer is Luck all day every day and I'd be surprised if Qwiz disagreed.  but just like BigMcAfeeWithCheese said back on page 1, I think it's completely fair to rank Schaub ahead of Luck at this point in time in their careers.

Out of likes but good stuff Jason. I do let my feathers get ruffled too easily and some of my remarks weren't needed. Like you said, the list is about this year, not the next few years. Maybe by the time those lists come out Schaub will be out of the league (hopefully with a little bit of blingage ;) ) and 12 in the top 5.

Schaub is the rare case where a backup QB on one team is picked up by another team to be their starter and it worked. Teams try it a lot and it fails a lot. I still think of him as a good backup.....with very little hair. I think if the Colts didn't draft Luck then Schaub would have a few more years to try but I honestly can't see it happening. Well, I gotta go. I usually hang out on the Texans message board and take subtle shots at their players . Back in a while.

Schaub is the rare case where a backup QB on one team is picked up by another team to be their starter and it worked. Teams try it a lot and it fails a lot. I still think of him as a good backup.....with very little hair. I think if the Colts didn't draft Luck then Schaub would have a few more years to try but I honestly can't see it happening. Well, I gotta go. I usually hang out on the Texans message board and take subtle shots at their players . Back in a while.

I'm not the one who called the opposing team's QB garbage. Or a terrible player. Or anything. But I suppose the opposing fan takes all the blame whenever threads like this happen. Whatever. We'll see who wears the crown of the AFC South at the end of the year. Guess who's the two-year reigning champion? I'm pretty sure it's that team whose board you mention you like hanging out on.

Beyond the fact that Schaub is the QB for the team that the Colts battle for the division,  I've never understood the hate for Schaub here...

Of course, the same can be said about the fans hate here for Brady....   but that's another story for another thread....

Best I can tell Schaub's biggest problem, his biggest sin, is his inability to stay healthy....    Otherwise,  he seems like a very good QB whose team wins a lot of games and he does a very good job.    I don't see the losses the Texans suffer being dumped on Schaub the way the Cowboys losses often get dumped on Romo....

So,  I don't get the Schaub is garbage stuff.....      Is he special?    No.    But I think he's a very good NFL QB....

Just one fan's opinion......     of course,  your mileage may vary......

I'm not the one who called the opposing team's QB garbage. Or a terrible player. Or anything. But I suppose the opposing fan takes all the blame whenever threads like this happen. Whatever. We'll see who wears the crown of the AFC South at the end of the year. Guess who's the two-year reigning champion? I'm pretty sure it's that team whose board you mention you like hanging out on.

Actually that other board shuts down trolls very quickly. If you say a bad thing over there they Ban you. You would have been banned from that board long ago. They jump on COLT fans like a pack of wild dogs. Saw a colt dragging a dead bull around and the whole board imploded. lol Wish I could find that icon for here.

Actually that other board shuts down trolls very quickly. If you say a bad thing over there they Ban you. You would have been banned from that board long ago. They jump on COLT fans like a pack of wild dogs. Saw a colt dragging a dead bull around and the whole board imploded. lol Wish I could find that icon for here.

I'm a part of the Texans board and haven't been banned yet, actually. The moderation is swift, you are right about that. Vance would tell you all about it as well if he were logged in. Last I recall there was a Colt fan there but he wasn't pounced on. We must be thinking about two separate guys though.

drifting a little further off topic, but in regards to Schaub...I saw on NFL.com that Kirk Cousins and Kyle Orton were named the top backup QBs in the league (according to another offseason list...). I only mention it because Schaub is in his 30s (granted he's still got a good 5 years I'm sure) and Cousins is learning the same offense. Might be an intriguing possibility in a year or two to bring in some younger competition.

Maybe the Texans could be that dark horse to be the big rival you guys were asking about in another thread. Division opponent makes it that much juicier.

I'm a part of the Texans board and haven't been banned yet, actually. The moderation is swift, you are right about that. Vance would tell you all about it as well if he were logged in. Last I recall there was a Colt fan there but he wasn't pounced on. We must be thinking about two separate guys though.

I like this board more than most...its not too big so there's still some good conversation without having to sift through rubble. And its not too small where it sits dormant for days.

Out of likes but good stuff Jason. I do let my feathers get ruffled too easily and some of my remarks weren't needed. Like you said, the list is about this year, not the next few years. Maybe by the time those lists come out Schaub will be out of the league (hopefully with a little bit of blingage ;) ) and 12 in the top 5.

Matt Schuab is the uber pwn haxor noob roflechopter lolerskates roflmao good game.

I have no idea what I just said.

haha

In all seriousness, I think the rankings are solid. Schuab is a very good QB who has a great team and has been around for years. I have no clue why people would get their panties in a bunch because Jaws ranks him higher.

I do feel down the road Luck will be an elite QB, perhaps quicker than we think but sheesh the guys only played one year. Lets not act like he's the great Tim Tebow yet or anything, someday he may be half the god QB Tebow is.

I like this board more than most...its not too big so there's still some good conversation without having to sift through rubble. And its not too small where it sits dormant for days.

Yep. The home team forum is wayyy too complicated to navigate through. This one is perfect and easily accessible. And you're right...it may get slow sometimes around here but it's never dead. There are always threads to be made and arguments to be had. :)

Matt Schuab is the uber pwn haxor noob roflechopter lolerskates roflmao good game.

I have no idea what I just said.

haha

In all seriousness, I think the rankings are solid. Schuab is a very good QB who has a great team and has been around for years. I have no clue why people would get their panties in a bunch because Jaws ranks him higher.

I do feel down the road Luck will be an elite QB, perhaps quicker than we think but sheesh the guys only played one year. Lets not act like he's the great Tim Tebow yet or anything, someday he may be half the god QB Tebow is.

You're absolutely right man. 12 has a ways to go before he reaches the status of Tebow. And yeah Schaub is solid but he too has a long road to travel before reaching that monumental landmark. I don't think either of us have any hope for a SB while Tim is in the league, and with the Patriots at that. Where is the world's smallest violin when you need it? :violin:

drifting a little further off topic, but in regards to Schaub...I saw on NFL.com that Kirk Cousins and Kyle Orton were named the top backup QBs in the league (according to another offseason list...). I only mention it because Schaub is in his 30s (granted he's still got a good 5 years I'm sure) and Cousins is learning the same offense. Might be an intriguing possibility in a year or two to bring in some younger competition.

Maybe the Texans could be that dark horse to be the big rival you guys were asking about in another thread. Division opponent makes it that much juicier.

Eh, maybe. I'd rather try and pull one over on NE though. I think Mallett sitting behind Brady for so long could work dividends for the kid. But you are right, Cousins knowing our offense would be highly beneficial to him if he came into our system. He would probably be ready to play right away at this point too.

Eh, maybe. I'd rather try and pull one over on NE though. I think Mallett sitting behind Brady for so long could work dividends for the kid. But you are right, Cousins knowing our offense would be highly beneficial to him if he came into our system. He would probably be ready to play right away at this point too.

Yeah I've gone back and forth on Mallett and still on the fence. I've seen very little of him, but who am I to question what NE does with back-up QBs :) Still, aside from Cassell who saw limited success....has there been anyone else proven? The former back-up QB route is always a gamble, but sometimes cheaper than investing a high first round pick on a total unknown.

I just like the fit that Cousins would have in Houston if it came to that.

You're absolutely right man. 12 has a ways to go before he reaches the status of Tebow. And yeah Schaub is solid but he too has a long road to travel before reaching that monumental landmark. I don't think either of us have any hope for a SB while Tim is in the league, and with the Patriots at that. Where is the world's smallest violin when you need it? :violin:

Ohh crap why did you have to remind me he plays for the Patriots now. He's obviously going to start over Brady and we can prepare for the Pats to go on another multi championship run, ugh. On another note they could just use Tebow in a Wildcat formation with Brady, then Tebow could just run all over everyone's faces while he dances into the endzone with his glowing shiny halo and chiseled abs.

Yeah I've gone back and forth on Mallett and still on the fence. I've seen very little of him, but who am I to question what NE does with back-up QBs :) Still, aside from Cassell who saw limited success....has there been anyone else proven? The former back-up QB route is always a gamble, but sometimes cheaper than investing a high first round pick on a total unknown.

I just like the fit that Cousins would have in Houston if it came to that.

Yeah, there was Cassell...and...well...nvm haha Mallett would be a mold of Schaub as he is apparently not athletic at all either and is a statue in the pocket. Well, the back-up QB thing worked with us once, why not try our luck again one day? But yeah I agree, Cousins would be a good fit. I just question whether or not he is indeed talented enough. Kubiak has an eye for QBs and I think he would have taken him if he thought he could be the future though but that's just my view on it.

Ohh crap why did you have to remind me he plays for the Patriots now. He's obviously going to start over Brady and we can prepare for the Pats to go on another multi championship run, ugh. On another note they could just use Tebow in a Wildcat formation with Brady, then Tebow could just run all over everyone's faces while he dances into the endzone with his glowing shiny halo and chiseled abs.

Dances into the endzone? Pssh he's gonna float into the endzone, wings, halo, and all. It's gonna be more epic than Silva and Weidman round 2! New England has been trying to find an excuse to start a first-round quarterback for 12 years now. rotflmao

Dances into the endzone? Pssh he's gonna float into the endzone, wings, halo, and all. It's gonna be more epic than Silva and Weidman round 2! New England has been trying to find an excuse to start a first-round quarterback for 12 years now. :lol:

Ohh crap I was just hearing about how Silva got KO'd. I heard he was mocking the dude, now they are have a rematch in place lol.

Ohh crap I was just hearing about how Silva got KO'd. I heard he was mocking the dude, now they are have a rematch in place lol.

Yeah that fight is going to be great. Silva should have won the first one but he just got too cocky, it's all his fault though lol. I think we'll see different results at the end of this one.

Yeah, there was Cassell...and...well...nvm haha Mallett would be a mold of Schaub as he is apparently not athletic at all either and is a statue in the pocket. Well, the back-up QB thing worked with us once, why not try our luck again one day? But yeah I agree, Cousins would be a good fit. I just question whether or not he is indeed talented enough. Kubiak has an eye for QBs and I think he would have taken him if he thought he could be the future though but that's just my view on it.

Yeah Cousins isn't what you would call a world-beater physically though he is fairly mobile and could open up different opportunities in the passing game. His main selling points out of Mich St was the intangibles....leadership and intelligence. heck the guy's published already. :P

But yeah, there had to be something there that people saw that made him slip all the way to the 4th like you were saying. Shanahan coached him at the Senior Bowl, so there was familiarity there otherwise he may have fallen even further. Or...they're sitting on the next Tom Brady ;)

Yeah Cousins isn't what you would call a world-beater physically. His main selling points out of Mich St was the intangibles....leadership and intelligence. heck the guy's published already. :P

But yeah, there had to be something there that people saw that made him slip all the way to the 4th like you were saying. Shanahan coached him at the Senior Bowl, so there was familiarity there otherwise he may have fallen even further. Or...they're sitting on the next Tom Brady ;)

Ah, the intangibles, what would we do without them haha And we've already seen the next Tom Brady man...Colin Kaepernick! Well, he was taken all the way up in the second but still, nobody expected him to become the starter lol. If Cousins is the next Brady though, you sir are a genius. Ship him to Houston! :lombardi:  :lombardi:  :lombardi:

If Cousins is the next Brady though, you sir are a genius. Ship him to Houston! :lombardi:  :lombardi:  :lombardi:

hahahaa...let's not jump the gun. I ain't sayin' all that :) But I do like what he brings to the table...3 year team captain at Michigan, ran a pro-style offense from under center and shotgun, now learning your system, and performed well in very limited action last year. Says and does the right things given his situation. Yes it isn't much, but its a better picture than the vast majority of back-ups out there. A couple more solid showings and he'll reach the vaunted Matt Flynn status. ;)

Or maybe you can take the lesser of Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith :P

hahahaa...let's not jump the gun. I ain't sayin' all that :) But I do like what he brings to the table...3 year team captain at Michigan, ran a pro-style offense from under center and shotgun, now learning your system, and performed well in very limited action last year. Says and does the right things given his situation. Yes it isn't much, but its a better picture than the vast majority of back-ups out there. A couple more solid showings and he'll reach the vaunted Matt Flynn status. ;)

Or maybe you can take the lesser of Mark Sanchez and Geno Smith :P

lmao, no, I wouldn't touch Sanchize or Smith with a 24 and a half foot pole. I can settle for the reaching Matt Flynn status after a few more good showings lol. But this is all speculation. No way Shanahan let's him go, not after we saw what happened with Griffin last year lol. He will probably hold tight for a few more years until he's sure Griffin can stay on his feet.

But this is all speculation. No way Shanahan let's him go, not after we saw what happened with Griffin last year lol. He will probably hold tight for a few more years until he's sure Griffin can stay on his feet.

oh yeah I know...nothing imminent. Just enjoying the banter. As for Griff...we'll see, but that's been beat to death on here...so yeah. GO TEXANS!!!! :P (says stat in the Andrew Luck thread)

oh yeah I know...nothing imminent. Just enjoying the banter. As for Griff...we'll see, but that's been beat to death on here...so yeah. GO TEXANS!!!! :P (says stat in the Andrew Luck thread)

Yep, no need to turn this into another 12 v.s. Griff thread. As for the rest of your post...shhh! :shifty: haha:thmup:

Remember, while you and I might not agree with it,  there's an argument to be made...

And the argument is this....    Jaws' rankings are a snap shot of a moment and the moment is right now.

If you had to pick a QB to win one game, or try and lead a team to the Super Bowl this year,  there are coaches/GM's who might pick Schaub rather than Luck.

If you're picking long term,  well, then it's no contest,  it's Luck in a landslide. 

Jaws' ended the segment saying he expects to see Luck even higher next year on his rankings.

I just see it as who had the bigger impact this season, and I would give that to Luck. If we were going just based on stats, then Luck wouldn't even be in the top 16. I'm having a hard time understanding these rankings.

Those were the good old days I always hear about. Kids playing outside instead of staying in with their electronics all the time lol. That was a good way to get started. I want to put my son in football, baseball, and basketball at a young age so he will be able to choose which he likes more and pursue it. Whenever I have kids lol.

I can remember when i got my first calculator that did only basic math

Even though gangs were around back then, the ones near me always fought fair, I got attacked lets say by anti jewish ones but 

once u were down u were down and never licked afterwards etc, also usually only 1 of gang u had to fight so if u won the rest respected it and didnt bother u 

None of the deadly crap today, schools were safe, u felt secure , no one i knew had parents that were divorced etc, its a whole different world

I just see it as who had the bigger impact this season, and I would give that to Luck. If we were going just based on stats, then Luck wouldn't even be in the top 16. I'm having a hard time understanding these rankings.

Wow. What an entertaining thread.

A couple of thoughts. I agree Andy that if you go by stats, Luck would be in the bottom half and nowhere near 10. This is what irks me about Jaws. I love his analysis but he tends to be a prisoner of the moment when it comes to saying what QB is better than another. Everyone saw the intangibles of Luck which were eerily like Tim Tebow from two seasons ago in terms of dramatic comeback wins but as the old adage goes, brains only get you so far and luck (no pun intended) always runs out. My point is Luck has to dramatically improve his stats if he wants to have long term success. Of course much of this has to do with an improved Oline and other talent around him but make no mistake he needs to pay MUCH better to come close to 11 wins again. I think he will but it is still an unproven which is why I hate these types of lists.

In terms of Schaub, he is an interesting Qb. IMO he always looked better running the Falcons offense than Vick did which is why the Texans got him. He has matured as a QB but it remains to be seen what his ceiling is. Last year the Pats in the Dec. game took away everything over the middle and forced him to make sideline throws which proved to be a weakness in his game that no one really knew about it (hoodie strikes again) and from that point on he looked lost and his confidence plummeted. It was strange. I think this season will be a proving ground for him as I see him the same way as Cutler in Chicago. They are the ones that need to elevate for their teams to win as the other pieces are there. Basically they both need to do what Flacco did. lol.