Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jaguars WR Justin Blackmon suspended for 4 games.

Dustin

Source?

"Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Justin Blackmon has been suspended for the first four games of the 2013 season for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, the league announced Tuesday.

Blackmon, who pleaded guilty to DUI last July, will be eligible to return to the team Sept. 30. He previously apologized to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for his arrest."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9228472/justin-blackmon-jacksonville-jaguars-suspended-four-games

"Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Justin Blackmon has been suspended for the first four games of the 2013 season for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy, the league announced Tuesday.

Blackmon, who pleaded guilty to DUI last July, will be eligible to return to the team Sept. 30. He previously apologized to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for his arrest."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9228472/justin-blackmon-jacksonville-jaguars-suspended-four-games

So this has to do with his arrest from last year? That can't be right. It wouldn't have taken that long for him to be suspended.

It wasn't a PED. I'm guessing it was just weed.

Is that why marijuana is called "the gateway drug" to more potent & lethal drugs? "Come on officer. What's your German Shepard getting so upset about man?! My grandma just made me some brownies. Child please." Just Kidding!  haha [No, I am not condoning illegal drug use at all.]

So this has to do with his arrest from last year? That can't be right. It wouldn't have taken that long for him to be suspended.

No, but because of a substance-related incident in the past, he would be a part of the substance abuse program, and would be tested far more frequently than the typical NFL player.

So that means that, despite being tested periodically, he still did something that caused him to fail a drug test, and is now suspended for four games. He also jeopardizes all outstanding money on his rookie contract.

I may tease Justin a little bit, but I honestly hope that he gets the professional help/treatment he needs. All addictions are a compulsion that a person cannot willingly stop or quit cold turkey all alone. Withdrawal is never an easy symptom to overcome by yourself. Good luck Mr. Blackmon.