Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

To all the SoCal Colts fans

coltsfanmilyman

A reminder.....

There are also games at San Francisco (which I'm considering going to)  and in Phoenix (which I'm not)

But,  that's three golden opportunities to see the Colts in person!!    Mighty, mighty tempting!!!

Wanted to go to the San Fran game. But my 49er fan friend and Raider fan friend said it was a death sentence to go to Candlestick for and apposing team fan such as myself. So they talked me into just going to San Diego.

I'm still trying to decide between SD or SF.  Heard about the tough fans in SF, but it's the same in SD.  I was heckled all game long while Manning wasn't helping me out at all with his 6 INT's lol.  Even the girls in SD were making fun of me for being a Colts fan.  Definitely a different experience than watching a game in Indy.  I feel like we are more welcoming to fans of the opposing team.  At least that's how I felt when I went.

I'm still trying to decide between SD or SF.  Heard about the tough fans in SF, but it's the same in SD.  I was heckled all game long while Manning wasn't helping me out at all with his 6 INT's lol.  Even the girls in SD were making fun of me for being a Colts fan.  Definitely a different experience than watching a game in Indy.  I feel like we are more welcoming to fans of the opposing team.  At least that's how I felt when I went.

Just be glad we're not @Oakland my friend.

I live in San Diego and I have to say; the fans here are some of the worst in sports. Most of the time when they boo you and give you a hard time, they aren't even sure why. Don't let it stop you from coming. The more horseshoes in that terrible decrepid stadium the better.

Remember, that 6 Int game, we would have won if Vinatieri didn't miss that FG. I was there too!

I do remember, when the Colts come to town. The hotel Del Coronado was full of Colts fans, might want to check it out. A rare site in SoCal. Brought tears to my eyes. :)

Work might get in the way of that MNF game this year, but I'm definately going to AZ (I want to see that stadium), and I'm planning on going to Candlestick before it gets torn down. SF fans are a little tough, but all we gotta do is beat them to shut them all up. No small task, but for sure possible...

I sat next to a long-time Chargers fan on the shuttle ride from SD to LA Sunday night (thanks to the FAA furlough my flight between the cities was cancelled) on my way back to Indy. He said he loves watching the Colts and is very jealous about how well we've been managed over the past 15 years.....not to mention back-to-back amazing QB's. He firmly believes that they won't ever do anything with Rivers under center and I fully agree.

You had a different experience than I did then. I was at the Colts / SD game a few years ago.. I got a little heckling, but for the most part, the fans were really nice. if my health allowed I would gladly go back to watch a Colts game there...now, if you want to talk about bad places to go to an away game..nothing compares to Philly...

You shouldn't have any issues in San Diego..and the weather is nice most of the year.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 25, 2013 - soliciting
Hidden by Nadine, April 25, 2013 - soliciting

I'm going to the game (driving from Phoenix) but need tickets still... what's the best way to get them?

If anyone has extras please email me travyn@intraedge.com

Thanks!

Also, just to add -- yes, the San Diego fans are terrible (the worst I've ever witnessed and I've been to 12+ visiting stadiums).

I was at the playoff game a few years back and both me and my wife had things thrown at us the whole game... we were sitting about 10 rows from the field on the 30 yard line and left with $300 jerseys covered in ketchup/mustard, etc... in addition to having ice and cups thrown at us for all 4 quarters + OT.

It was absolutely terrible, and the sudden loss in OT made it worse.  That being said, if we win, the tides will turn and I want my revenge!

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 25, 2013 - quoted removed post
Hidden by Nadine, April 25, 2013 - quoted removed post

I am seriously considering it. Aren't the tickets to expensive right now?

I'm going to the game (driving from Phoenix) but need tickets still... what's the best way to get them?

If anyone has extras please email me travyn@intraedge.com

Thanks!

I know a guy that has one pair left in my section. I can give you his email address if you want.  Just PM me

I am seriously considering it. Aren't the tickets to expensive right now?

The SD tickets are pretty cheap on stubb hub....but after reading about other experiences there i may just scratch that game off the list.

I live in San Diego and I have to say; the fans here are some of the worst in sports. Most of the time when they boo you and give you a hard time, they aren't even sure why. Don't let it stop you from coming. The more horseshoes in that terrible decrepid stadium the better.

Remember, that 6 Int game, we would have won if Vinatieri didn't miss that FG. I was there too!

I do remember, when the Colts come to town. The hotel Del Coronado was full of Colts fans, might want to check it out. A rare site in SoCal. Brought tears to my eyes. :)

Work might get in the way of that MNF game this year, but I'm definately going to AZ (I want to see that stadium), and I'm planning on going to Candlestick before it gets torn down. SF fans are a little tough, but all we gotta do is beat them to shut them all up. No small task, but for sure possible...

We were staying in the Gaslamp district.  We wanted to bar hop so Coronado was a bit too chill of a place for us, but it's a very nice hotel.  I still think that I'm going to go, because I love watching our team live, I just hope I'm sitting next to Indy fans and we're winning ;)

You had a different experience than I did then. I was at the Colts / SD game a few years ago.. I got a little heckling, but for the most part, the fans were really nice. if my health allowed I would gladly go back to watch a Colts game there...now, if you want to talk about bad places to go to an away game..nothing compares to Philly...

You shouldn't have any issues in San Diego..and the weather is nice most of the year.

You were lucky enough not to sit in front of drunk frat boys with their bodies painted.  They were also mad because I wasn't sitting down the entire game, I couldn't... it was much too tense of a game for me to sit lol

I love SD though, very nice place to go see if you haven't gone before.

Don't let our experiences stop you from going.  I just figure there's always going to be people ragging on you if you're the fan of the visiting team, so it's no big deal.  

I'd just rather go to SD than SF because it's closer to me and I'm up in SF for work a lot, so I'm bored of it.

Also, just to add -- yes, the San Diego fans are terrible (the worst I've ever witnessed and I've been to 12+ visiting stadiums).

I was at the playoff game a few years back and both me and my wife had things thrown at us the whole game... we were sitting about 10 rows from the field on the 30 yard line and left with $300 jerseys covered in ketchup/mustard, etc... in addition to having ice and cups thrown at us for all 4 quarters + OT.

It was absolutely terrible, and the sudden loss in OT made it worse.  That being said, if we win, the tides will turn and I want my revenge!

I was at the Playoff OT game too. Paid way too much for tickets in the corner. (the same corner Sproles ran into on that screen- I still see it in my nightmares :) ). Where I was sitting, people were "Ok". However, on the way out- I'd say 10-15 different groups tried to start fights with me. I was alone because my friends didn't want to pay that much for tickets, and sat in the upper deck. Cowards were trying to start with a guy walking by himself... That's the worst they've been though. I've been to a bunch of games here.

The eagles came a few years ago, and they travelled WELL. I'd say they were 50/50. Some good fans, and some of what you'd expect from a Philly fan.

Tickets shouldn't be expensive. The fans are so fair-weather, no one will go see them this year. I'm sure all of their home games will get blacked out. Again.

If anyone has any ?s about where to go while in SD. I'm here to help! It's a GREAT city. Terrible fans :) great city....

You were lucky enough not to sit in front of drunk frat boys with their bodies painted.  They were also mad because I wasn't sitting down the entire game, I couldn't... it was much too tense of a game for me to sit lol

I love SD though, very nice place to go see if you haven't gone before.

Don't let our experiences stop you from going.  I just figure there's always going to be people ragging on you if you're the fan of the visiting team, so it's no big deal.  

I'd just rather go to SD than SF because it's closer to me and I'm up in SF for work a lot, so I'm bored of it.

Its not that I wouldn't go,, its that I can't go due to health issues. When I went I was on the SD side.. between the 20 and 25 yard line 18 rows from the field. The people in that section were really cool..there were a couple of young rich kids sitting next to me drinking and having a good time..they even offered to buy me a beer, said "you're a cool dude"..not bad for someone in my 40's at that time..We all cheered throughout the game, admitted great plays from each team..and the game ended with a Vini FG with no time remaining..I was decked in Colts gear, but there were a lot of other Colt fans there too..After the game, the congratulated us, and wished us the best...turns out though, they lucked into the playoffs, and beat us that same year in OT...

I've been to a lot of stadiums, and I'm originally from near Philly..Philly fans are the worst..I wouldn't go to their stadiums, even if it was the Super Bowl with Peyton and Brady..Its so bad they had a judge and jail in the stadium during games...I've seen people leaving bloody, with gashing face wounds, people getting hit with batteries...players getting hit with flying debris as well..

I miss going to games, but its better for me to just lay back, kick my feet up, eat come good homemade food, and just root on my Colts..(and as loud as I can get, y'all can probably hear me all the way out here from Cali in Indy).

I was at the Playoff OT game too. Paid way too much for tickets in the corner. (the same corner Sproles ran into on that screen- I still see it in my nightmares :) ). Where I was sitting, people were "Ok". However, on the way out- I'd say 10-15 different groups tried to start fights with me. I was alone because my friends didn't want to pay that much for tickets, and sat in the upper deck. Cowards were trying to start with a guy walking by himself... That's the worst they've been though. I've been to a bunch of games here.

The eagles came a few years ago, and they travelled WELL. I'd say they were 50/50. Some good fans, and some of what you'd expect from a Philly fan.

Tickets shouldn't be expensive. The fans are so fair-weather, no one will go see them this year. I'm sure all of their home games will get blacked out. Again.

If anyone has any ?s about where to go while in SD. I'm here to help! It's a GREAT city. Terrible fans :) great city....

I wish I could remember the BBQ place my friend took us to when we were out there..the place was huge, and some of the best BBQ I ever ate...I was so full, I hardly ate at the game..The place was packed..I don't know how close it was to the stadium, but it was a great BBQ joint..And there are other great restaurants and places to eat down there I have heard..

I went to the playoff game between the Forty Niners and the Packers last year. There were a few fans wearing Packer's gear and they got heckled, but nothing bad. But it all depends on the luck of the draw and who you're sitting next to. Niner fans and Raider fans can get rowdy.

I'll be goint to the Colts-Niners game. Can't wait.

I wish I could remember the BBQ place my friend took us to when we were out there..the place was huge, and some of the best BBQ I ever ate...I was so full, I hardly ate at the game..The place was packed..I don't know how close it was to the stadium, but it was a great BBQ joint..And there are other great restaurants and places to eat down there I have heard..

I think you're talking about Phil's BBQ, right?  If so, it is great.

I think you're talking about Phil's BBQ, right?  If so, it is great.

Its been a few years since I was there..but from the menu and the camera, yeah..it was Phil's..man was that food so good! Thanks...And if anyone is going to the game..you have got to stop there before...it is so worth the wait....