Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New players uniform numbers [Merge]

ar1888

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He hasn't retired yet.

Well neither has Peyton but no one will wear #18 again so the fact that Dwight hasn't retired doesn't really matter.

Wold you say that if Curtis Painter were back on the team rocking #18????

Just saying...

One thing I like about Rugby, players wear the number of their position 1-15...

There's a difference...Irsay said very clearly at the press conference announcing Peyton's release that no one else would ever wear his number.  Nothing like that has ever been said of #93.  Dwight's number was never going to be retired.

Personally, I think if someone was going to wear #93 then let it be RJF or Franklin...a very different type of player playing a different position and then have Walden wear #97 or #99...of course that could also be a little bit because I'd like for us to have an OLB with #97...no idea why though. lol   I'm not crazy about Walden with #93 but I don't care anywhere near as much as some people appear to.

We can't retire every single number just because a good player wore it. How many great players have played for the Colts?

Peyton Manning

Marvin Harrison

Edgerrin James

Jeff Saturday

Dallas Clark

Reggie Wayne

Dwight Freeney

Robert Mathis

And Anyone I missed that's not in my era of football (I'm only 18 so I'm sure I missed a few)

That's too many numbers to be retiring

You are very wise, young grasshopper....Now go drink your apple juice. :)

'93 is D. Free's identity and I don't find it exactly respectable or intelligent picking that number or even to make it a available like Freeney was just another player. He nearly retired here and is our all time sack leader. A huge component of our team strategy in the Manning era.

Posted · Hidden by Superman, April 16, 2013 - bickering
Hidden by Superman, April 16, 2013 - bickering

Yeah, time to seek help, I was only in and out of group homes and foster homes as a kid. And the only thing I could count on was the colts playing on Sundays. So yeah, I guess I need help? Lol

Everybody has a story....

Marshal Faulk wore #28 He was a special player. For anyone who is too young to remember he was the Indianapolis Colts for many years.

Bob sanders was also a special player. The reason were not having this conversation about 21 is that bob never played. Faulk was a great player, but, if I'm correct, only played a couple seasons for us

People are so hung up on hating Walden. So what if he wears 93? That's like saying Cherilus wearing 78 is a slap in the face to Tarik Glenn or Idrees Bashir, Marlin Jackson, Tom Z or Toler wearing 28 is a slap in Faulk's face. Or DHB wearing 81 is a slap in the face of Hank Baskett. So what!

This ^ couldn't agree more

It's more of the reason that is walden if some all pro pro bowl OLB had it there prolly wouldn't be as much talk its cause its walden and he is "nobody"

Posted · Hidden by Superman, April 16, 2013 - bickering
Hidden by Superman, April 16, 2013 - bickering

A story? Who do you think you are to judge or look down on someone who loves the colts? You think it's funny?

If u don't like opinions don't log onto forums. Plus, it was said in jest....kinda.

I don't know. I just don't see it happening.

Not saying it won't, but I just feel like it would have been removed if it was eventually going to be retired.

I agree...I think if they had any intention of retiring #93 then Walden wouldn't be wearing it.

i think for a number to be retired the player has to be a legend. a sure fire first ballet hofer. when brady retires no one will wear 12 again for the pats. no one in green bay will ever wear 4. no one in chicago will ever wear 34 51 or 40. those are numbers you retire. freeney while is a great player is not that type of a player.

Mod note: I removed some personal bickering, and would like to ask everyone to stay on topic. Thanks. Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

We're on TV? Why didn't anyone tell me. I could've advertised how great apple juice is! :funny:

We got you Superman, staying on topic

I thought last year would be his breakout year. Injuries and the general weirdness in Oakland held him back. I think he earns a big contract from us next year.

It's a perfect situation for him. Having a receiver like Reggie to learn from, having a great, stable young qb throwing to him, great coaching staff and front office, couldn't be better.

Man, I just can't wait for the season & Landry gets his 1st big hit so I can yell out "Dirty 30"!!!

Hmmmm, that should be a chant this year at LOS.

*Chants* Dirty 30! Dirty 30! Dirty 30!

When I hear dirty 30, I think about a 30 case of beer. I tend to chant that a lot on gameday anyways lol