Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nobody's Mock Draft

Draft

1. Jarvis Jones- OLB Georgia

An absolute steal at 24. Slow 40 (4.9) drops him, but he plays like he runs a 4.5. Great pass rusher, and just flat makes plays. Experience at OLB already.

3. Barrett Jones- OL Alabama

Starter at C or OG, can play at tackle in a pinch. Proven starter at every OL position in a power scheme. A great steal.

4. Logan Ryan- CB Rutgers

One of the best man cover corners in the draft. Lacks great speed or size, but impeccable cover skills. Rutgers put him on an island all yet and he played very well. Was seen as possible first rounder until disappointing combine.

6. Marcus Lattimore- RB South Carolina

Another steal. We can stash him away until he heals. Superstar potential. We all know about him.

7. Marquess Wilson- WR Washington State

The pattern of fallen talents continues. Fringe first rounder at one point. Lacks great speed, but very physical. Sleeper prospect with great potential.

7. Bradley McDougald- FS Kansas

The best player on Kansas last year, according to the Kansas coaches. Came to Kansas because he wanted to play WR as well, has big and soft hands. Has return ability as well. His little brother lost his leg to cancer, and Bradley has decided to carry both of their dreams on his shoulders. Motivated and driven, starter potential.

Why do so many people like Jarvis Jones i think he will be Aaron Maybin v2

Maybin was hyped because of elite athleticism... Jarvis falls for lack of that.

I'm sorry, but you're coming across as ill informed, and just picked a notable recent DE/OLB bust an compared because some mock draft on bleacherreport said he will bust. Maybin and Jarvis aren't a good comparison.

Jarvis Jones?  Jesse Williams?  Jamie Collins...Arthur Brown.....Damontre Moore....Like them all and you guys are making me like Jarvis more and Moore...:)  With the poor speed at the combine, he could be one that Grigs picks up due to fall.

I like Jones or Frederick at 3.....both being flexible at position is a plus.

Lattimore....HMMMM....interesting  :)

Fun overall mock Nobody!!!

Draft

An absolute steal at 24. Slow 40 (4.9) drops him, but he plays like he runs a 4.5. Great pass rusher, and just flat makes plays. Experience at OLB already.

Starter at C or OG, can play at tackle in a pinch. Proven starter at every OL position in a power scheme. A great steal.

One of the best man cover corners in the draft. Lacks great speed or size, but impeccable cover skills. Rutgers put him on an island all yet and he played very well. Was seen as possible first rounder until disappointing combine.

Another steal. We can stash him away until he heals. Superstar potential. We all know about him.

The pattern of fallen talents continues. Fringe first rounder at one point. Lacks great speed, but very physical. Sleeper prospect with great potential.

The best player on Kansas last year, according to the Kansas coaches. Came to Kansas because he wanted to play WR as well, has big and soft hands. Has return ability as well. His little brother lost his leg to cancer, and Bradley has decided to carry both of their dreams on his shoulders. Motivated and driven, starter potential.

I'd be delirious if things worked out like this!

As much as i'd like it, I can't see Jarvis Jones being there though. Switch him for a first round corner like Rhodes or Trufant.

Draft

I would be very pleased if this was to happen. I think this draft is just as if not more important than last years draft.If you take a look at our 2014 Free agents you will see that this mock would be a great fit for potential free agent loss's. I also think that there will be a good amount of undrafted players that could also have an impact.

I like the draft but Im not sold on Logan Ryan over at all D.J Hayden, both are physical and good Man Corners but to me it looks like Hayden has better recovery speed, Ryan doesn't get his head around consistently to make a play on the ball and like you said does not have the great speed or size, I'd take Hayden

I like the draft but Im not sold on Logan Ryan over at all D.J Hayden, both are physical and good Man Corners but to me it looks like Hayden has better recovery speed, Ryan doesn't get his head around consistently to make a play on the ball and like you said does not have the great speed or size, I'd take Hayden

I think it's a moot point.     I don't expect either to be around in the 4th round.

Both are projected to go higher....   much higher.

I think it's a moot point.     I don't expect either to be around in the 4th round.

Both are projected to go higher....   much higher.

They very well could but Ryan has a top of the 4th round grade as does Hayden, The draft is no science, im just sayin thats where NFL.com draft tracker has them projected to go

They very well could but Ryan has a top of the 4th round grade as does Hayden, The draft is no science, im just sayin thats where NFL.com draft tracker has them projected to go

I agree on how it falls.  I think it was NewColtsFan in another thread that said we have more projected 1-5th rounders than we do picks in the entire draft.  A great point made by him also that maybe the grades are a little friendly.

Regardless, we should have some fun in UFAs also...gonna be some good talent playing 'left out.'

ESPN.com has Hayden with a high 2nd round grade...   and Ryan with a high 3rd round grade...

Mike Mayock says he would not be surprised if Hayden is taken in the first round.   One of the Scouts Inc guys says he's heard the same thing.    That's not a prediction, just passing along what they've heard.

But Hayden is the fastest rising corner in the draft right now...

I think the biggest disappointment for NFL.com is that it doesn't appear as if they've tweeked any ratings at all...   and these were mostly done prior to the combine.

I think that's a big mistake on their part....  

ESPN.com has Hayden with a high 2nd round grade...   and Ryan with a high 3rd round grade...

Mike Mayock says he would not be surprised if Hayden is taken in the first round.   One of the Scouts Inc guys says he's heard the same thing.    That's not a prediction, just passing along what they've heard.

But Hayden is the fastest rising corner in the draft right now...

I think the biggest disappointment for NFL.com is that it doesn't appear as if they've tweeked any ratings at all...   and these were mostly done prior to the combine.

I think that's a big mistake on their part....  

Im not sure, I dont recall what the players grades were prior to the combine at NFL.com, I dont recall if they changed them or not, Im just not a big believer in the combine having such a dramatic impact on a players draft position unless your a player that was injured at some point prior to the combine or have other health questions(Jarvis Jones obvious example) and needed to show that you are healthy and worth a certain draft stock, I hold what they do in games at a much much much higher factor rather then what said player does out of pads and in shorts, As to Hayden specifically I think he is a early round pick who was given the grade he was specifically because of his injury, If its true in the minds of GM's that he has risen as high as Kiper and Mcshay say then I would not be surprised, he is clearly very talented, Im just hoping enough teams question his health enough we can grab him for example in the late 3rd because I think he would be a steal and certainly can challenge Toler for #2 or at least push him and may even have #1 potential to push Vontae as well

Im not sure, I dont recall what the players grades were prior to the combine at NFL.com, I dont recall if they changed them or not, Im just not a big believer in the combine having such a dramatic impact on a players draft position unless your a player that was injured at some point prior to the combine or have other health questions(Jarvis Jones obvious example) and needed to show that you are healthy and worth a certain draft stock, I hold what they do in games at a much much much higher factor rather then what said player does out of pads and in shorts, As to Hayden specifically I think he is a early round pick who was given the grade he was specifically because of his injury, If its true in the minds of GM's that he has risen as high as Kiper and Mcshay say then I would not be surprised, he is clearly very talented, Im just hoping enough teams question his health enough we can grab him for example in the late 3rd because I think he would be a steal and certainly can challenge Toler for #2 or at least push him and may even have #1 potential to push Vontae as well

I agree.