Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Top 100 Cornerbacks

AllYouNeedIsLuck

Bleacher Report's top 100 cornerbacks lists the Colts CB's as following:

Greg Toler: 25th 

Vontae Davis: 29th 

Darius Butler: 52nd 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1444334-br-nfl-1000-2013-top-100-cornerbacks

I know it's Bleacher Report, but this makes me feel better about Toler. Also, it mentions that they took account Davis' poor start to the season to make his ranking. That implies that later in the season he was more on the positive side of 29th. Colts Nation, we have a good duo of CB's. Finally. 

And Butler's good too :)

Everybody knows that top 100 players stuff is crap though you have some players where they don't belong and they sometimes play favorites like Peyton for starters went from number 2 in the spring of 2011 all the way to number 50 just because he got hurt I don't think they should lose their spot just because they were hurt thoughts on this?.

I know it's Bleacher Report, but this makes me feel better about Toler. Also, it mentions that they took account Davis' poor start to the season to make his ranking. That implies that later in the season he was more on the positive side of 29th. Colts Nation, we have a good duo of CB's. Finally

Sorry,  but I don't follow something.....

In your paragraph that I've high-lighted....   you start by acknowledging that it's BR....   so you admit it's not a great source...

Then,  in your last sentence,   you pronounce that because of what BR has written,   you conclude that the Colts have a good duo of CB's.   

So which is it?      Be skeptical because it's Bleacher Report?     Or take it as Gospel,  because it's Bleacher Report??

Inquiring minds would like to know................

Keep in mind the list is incredibly subjective and only goes on the criteria of coverage, run defense, and tackling.  Run defense and tackling could be argued to be very similar (making open field tackles and such).  Nothing is said about ball skills, turnovers, etc.  How good is the CB after he picks it off?  How often does he pick it off?  Is the receiver physical at the line of scrimmage?  There are a lot of factors that go into being a good CB

I know it's Bleacher Report, but this makes me feel better about Toler. Also, it mentions that they took account Davis' poor start to the season to make his ranking. That implies that later in the season he was more on the positive side of 29th. Colts Nation, we have a good duo of CB's. Finally. 

I don't know why some people are so down on Bleecher Report. I find their analysis read-worthy. Interesting that they graded Toler a bit higher than Vontae.

Everybody knows that top 100 players stuff is crap though you have some players where they don't belong and they sometimes play favorites like Peyton for starters went from number 2 in the spring of 2011 all the way to number 50 just because he got hurt I don't think they should lose their spot just because they were hurt thoughts on this?.

It's the top X number of players based on performance of that year, Peyton didn't play, I'm surprised he was ranked at all.

I don't know why some people are so down on Bleecher Report. I find their analysis read-worthy. Interesting that they graded Toler a bit higher than Vontae.

I actually don't mind Bleacher Report at all but I know a bunch of people on here do. It really depends on the writer because some people that write articles on BR have no right to be touching a keyboard haha. I was a bit shocked at that but that can only be a good thing because we know how good Vontae is. If Toler is close, i feel better about his 3/15million contract and about the future of our secondary. 

Yeah i think we have one of the top 10 CB tandems in the league

And our safety tandem isn't too shabby either. I think if we can get a pass rusher on the other side of Mathis we'd have a complete defense. Now I'm not guaranteeing that to be a top 10 D or anything (it could be), but it would just be very complete on paper. I'm very excited for this season, for both sides of the ball.