Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady already working out with Amendola at USC

amfootball

The Blair White Project was not too bad when number 18 did not have anyone...and nobody ever heard of Kentucky recruit Jacob Tamme...the great QBs make the receivers.....Reggie Wayne could not make Curtis Painter :)

Yes, true. I think Brett Favre gets underrated in this department. He never had great talent around him in GB or Minnesota and made guys like Andre Rison, Bubba Franks and more recently Percin Harvin household names...

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Southwest1 Jim Caldwell did win a SB last year and he was calling the plays. :peek::hide: Sorry had to say it. :yahoo:

Yes, Jim did Susie Q. But, Jim is better suited as an OC vs an HC. Jim wasn't exactly "Albert Einstein" when it came to sideline adjustments or even half time adjustments. Just like me, I'm a nice guy, but I suck at math. Translation: You don't want me doing your taxes. haha Sometimes, knowing your weaknesses is more important than your strengths. :thmup:

Yes, Jim did Susie Q. But, Jim is better suited as an OC as an HC. Jim wasn't exactly "Albert Einstein" when it came to sideline adjustments or even half time adjustments. Just like me, I'm a nice guy, but I suck at math. Translation: You don't want me doing your taxes.  haha Sometimes, knowing your weaknesses is more important than your strengths.  :thmup:

He would have went 16-0 in 2009 if Polian/Irsay let him.

Just sayin that Jim Caldwell was the Offensive Coordinator. :)

Yes he was Lol wont dispute that,they fired my home boy Cam Cammeron to do that,can you say scapegoat? :funny: they were so banged up and playing so poorly they had to do something.But in all seriousness they got healthy at the right time

Contracts are talked about all the time signed or not. It is pro football. There is a cap. Ticket holders have a right to know as they help pay the contracts.

How many rings did the Pats win with Welker again? Yes, Gronk is way more important to them winning a championship and that will be true even with Amendola.

Details of contracts always seep out, but the point is that the owner rarely divulges that information. Yes fans buy tickets & jerseys, but the only thing the owner & the HC are obligated to do for the fans is put a Playoff caliber team on the field every season. I have always believed that. 

I like Gronk. Just take it easy with the family celebrations & dancing okay...Thanks. "How many rings did the Pats win with Welker again?" A dropped pass joke again... Do NFL analysts always bring up Brady's dropped passes & interceptions too? Nope. Sigh...Funny, how NE fans never highlight all the clutch catches Welker made...A WR's career is never defined by 2 dropped passes & 1 of those passes was a bad throw over Welker's wrong shoulder. That's on Brady not Welker. 

Details of contracts always seep out, but the point is that the owner rarely divulges that information. Yes fans buy tickets & jerseys, but the only thing the owner & the HC are obligated to do for the fans is put a Playoff caliber team on the field every season. I have always believed that. 

I like Gronk. Just take it easy with the family celebrations & dancing okay...Thanks. "How many rings did the Pats win with Welker again?" A dropped pass joke again... Do NFL analysts always bring up Brady's dropped passes & interceptions too? Nope. Sigh...Funny, how NE fans never highlight all the clutch catches Welker made...A WR's career is never defined by 2 dropped passes & 1 of those passes was a bad throw over Welker's wrong shoulder. That's on Brady not Welker. 

Owners talk all the time about contracts. Season ticket holders would be irate if they did not especially when key players contracts come up. Kraft felt he needed to quell the storm around Welker. I have no issue with him talking about the contract. I did not like the fact that he said Welker basically signed a one year deal with Denver. I think talking about other team's contracts is bad form in general but I can see why he did it so the fans understood that the Pats did want to keep Welker.

Welker was a fine player and my comment about how many rings did the Pats win with him had nothing to do with his drops but more to do with the value you seem to place on him. You already admitted that Gronk is the guy that makes the Pats O go especially in the post-season because he is a mis-match nightmare. Before Gronk there was Moss who also was the guy that made the O go. It was never Welker. He was a move the chains guy. Very good at what he did but easily replaceable. I was way more upset at the Moss contract breakdowns than Welker with good reason as the Pats have never replaced him or his production on the outside. If Amendola stays upright, he will more than cover Welker's absence and could supercede it.

Hey now I never mention dropped passes:)  They happen...and there are other chances to win a game. I don't believe in the one play only theory, although they can hurt:)

Welker made many clutch catches I still can envision. 

I'm ok with him moving on. OC and Tom would just rely on him too much. Although there's the old saying if it works keep running it. Still I'd like to see more diversity. I think we'll get that chance now withy the binky gone;-)

Owners talk all the time about contracts. Season ticket holders would be irate if they did not especially when key players contracts come up. Kraft felt he needed to quell the storm around Welker. I have no issue with him talking about the contract. I did not like the fact that he said Welker basically signed a one year deal with Denver. I think talking about other team's contracts is bad form in general but I can see why he did it so the fans understood that the Pats did want to keep Welker.

Welker was a fine player and my comment about how many rings did the Pats win with him had nothing to do with his drops but more to do with the value you seem to place on him. You already admitted that Gronk is the guy that makes the Pats O go especially in the post-season because he is a mis-match nightmare. Before Gronk there was Moss who also was the guy that made the O go. It was never Welker. He was a move the chains guy. Very good at what he did but easily replaceable. I was way more upset at the Moss contract breakdowns than Welker with good reason as the Pats have never replaced him or his production on the outside. If Amendola stays upright, he will more than cover Welker's absence and could supercede it.

According to boston.com   Welker led the NFL in catches  672  & yards  7,459  since his first season with the Patriots . Welker is also the Patriots career leader in receptions .

Easily Replaceable  :thmup:    Danny Amendola  will do better than Mr. Replaceable .. :lol: :lol: :funny: :funny:

He would have went 16-0 in 2009 if Polian/Irsay let him.

Yup, still ticks me off to this day. Never take your foot off the accelerator. In my case, hand controls. [bayone knows what I'm talkin' about. HA! HA!] I've got a heavy hand. Santa bring me a fuzz buster baby! Ho! Ho! Ho! 

Look, I understand fans were bewildered when Wes Welker left for Denver. Foxboro fans want to know what the Hades happened even LB Tedy Bruschi spoke at length on NFL LIVE about how this move sent shockwaves throughout Boston. Welker is beloved in NE as you & JJ are well aware. Putting out an enraged fan wildfire is a smart move, but you have to have the right tone & be careful about exactly what you say to your loyal fanbase. My impression of that Robert Kraft camera interview. Kraft was doing damage control saying look we offered Welker more, but he took less for Denver. Again, Wes's deal in NE was incentive driven vs guaranteed money & you pay a WR that produces annually for your franchise IMO. 

No, what I said, or at least inferred was, is that since Gronk keeps hurting himself so often; Welker's durability on the field skyrockets in terms of importance. The most crucial component at succeeding at any job is showing up & delivering. 2 things Gronk has not done as of yet in the post season. I love how people gloss over Welker's uncanny ability to convert 3rd downs into 1st downs. It's fascinating to me really. Every franchise has got that clutch player. Reggie Wayne is ours & Wes, even on decoy routes, now becomes Peyton Manning's guy especially in the 4th quarter when #18's arm gets tired & Welker can run comeback routes & still get the 1st down. It's like Dennis Rodman & rebounding in basketball for the NBA Championship Chicago Bulls. You don't get headlines for it, but 3rd down chain movers are vital in SB Lombardi runs...Let's get real here... 

Great article! The best part is from Tom Brady's own mouth: 

"“I played with a lot of great players, whether that was Kevin Faulk or Randy Moss or Rodney Harrison, but Wes has been truly the greatest teammate you could possibly have,...His commitment to the team, his selflessness . . .

“When Wes clears out on a route, he clears out the route better than anybody I’ve ever seen. He knows he’s not getting the ball, but he almost takes as much pride in that as he does on the 6-yard option route to get open. That’s everything you need to know about Wes.

“That’s the best part about him. Whatever you need me to do, that’s what he’s going to do. He does it every day in practice, and I feel that’s what has always set him apart.”

Sounds like dependable consistency to me in Denver's new slot WR...Sweet! Thanks for posting it Adonis! 

Is the draft here yet? I wanna see 7 on 7 drills...Bring on September..."When everything is dying" to quote George Carlin's "Football Vs Baseball routine...The Colts, the Broncos, & the Patriots are going have a spectacular 2013 season. I can feel it down to my bones...This never gets old to me. I love it!

Okay, we have all had a long winter & Spring better be just around the corner or I'm gonna be knockin' some skulls around here. And yes, I know my friends Brent & FX like baseball.

I just miss George Carlin's brilliant sarcasm that's all. The best & sharpest minds always die too quickly...It's a cryin' shame man...Thanks for putting up with my foolishness everybody. I appreciate it! Sometimes, I think my friends are the only ones with intelligence & common sense anymore. HA! HA! Just Kidding! 

I know it is in good fun most of the time. But honestly if you don't like a thread why come on it to just say you don't like it? I think it is big news because the media had reported that Brady was pretty steamed about losing Welker and here he is in early April working with Amendola. Just irks me as I know Brady is about winning and gets the biz part more than people give him credit for.

I know this is a football thfread and pretty much anything goes. But thinking this is "big news" is  ridiculous. 

But honestly if you don't like a thread why come on it to just say you don't like it?

I love it. It shows how acutely aware Tom is of the monumental task he has in front of him in just beginning to replace the rapore he had with Wes Welker.

Rather Brady is mad at the Pats or not this is the smart thing to do because at the end of the day Brady cares more about winning than anything else in football and even if he has hard feelings with the Pats front office he's not going to let that stand in the way of him doing what he needs to do to win games.

Look, I understand fans were bewildered when Wes Welker left for Denver. Foxboro fans want to know what the Hades happened even LB Tedy Bruschi spoke at length on NFL LIVE about how this move sent shockwaves throughout Boston. Welker is beloved in NE as you & JJ are well aware. Putting out an enraged fan wildfire is a smart move, but you have to have the right tone & be careful about exactly what you say to your loyal fanbase. My impression of that Robert Kraft camera interview. Kraft was doing damage control saying look we offered Welker more, but he took less for Denver. Again, Wes's deal in NE was incentive driven vs guaranteed money & you pay a WR that produces annually for your franchise IMO. 

No, what I said, or at least inferred was, is that since Gronk keeps hurting himself so often; Welker's durability on the field skyrockets in terms of importance. The most crucial component at succeeding at any job is showing up & delivering. 2 things Gronk has not done as of yet in the post season. I love how people gloss over Welker's uncanny ability to convert 3rd downs into 1st downs. It's fascinating to me really. Every franchise has got that clutch player. Reggie Wayne is ours & Wes, even on decoy routes, now becomes Peyton Manning's guy especially in the 4th quarter when #18's arm gets tired & Welker can run comeback routes & still get the 1st down. It's like Dennis Rodman & rebounding in basketball for the NBA Championship Chicago Bulls. You don't get headlines for it, but 3rd down chain movers are vital in SB Lombardi runs...Let's get real here... 

I think we agree on Kraft. It was necessary but he could have handled it differently. One thing to also consider with his comments is that he was hurt too. He said time and again how much he wanted to keep Welker beginning last season. I think he was stunned that he did not resign. Kraft is old school and loyalty means a lot to him which is why he is so beloved by his players. From his point view, he sees Welker who the Pats made the one of the best slot receivers leave for literally 1 mil more a year after they had just paid him 9.5 under the franchise tag last year and it does not compute on a personal level. Remember he talked with Brady for 18 months on his new deals because he didn't want him to leave either. I think you need to cut him some slack on this one.

I think when the first thing you mention about a player is how durable he is than it is probably good to move on. I don't necessarily disagree that being available is important and like I have said his third down conversions were very valuable. But honestly, I would rather have less catches and more impact plays. Take Troy Brown, the guy Welker replaced - never the fastest or most elusive guy but always made the plays to win. He could have easily been MVP of SB 36 for his catch to get the Pats in FG range AND SB 39 given he played receiver, punt returner, and DB that game. That is what I am talking about. You seem to want to gloss over the fact that Welker led the teams in drops last year and also has lost more than just a little speed. He is also not a guy that scores TDs. Like I said, a legit threat on the outside is much harder to replace than the slot. That is a fact. That is why outside guys get paid more money. I also think having a slot guy catch 100+ balls is not good for an offense as it becomes too predictable and incapable of making the big plays down field. While this is not Welker's fault, I think the Pats saw too much reliance there.

I know this is a football thfread and pretty much anything goes. But thinking this is "big news" is  ridiculous. 

lol. How much "big" news is exactly posted here? When I first joined this forum top thread was if Indy should resurrect a statue of Peyton and what the pose should be.

According to boston.com   Welker led the NFL in catches  672  & yards  7,459  since his first season with the Patriots . Welker is also the Patriots career leader in receptions .

Easily Replaceable  :thmup:    Danny Amendola  will do better than Mr. Replaceable .. :lol: :lol: :funny: :funny:

He also led them in key plays missed to cost them  a ring and a chance at a ring. Amendola can do no worse.

He also led them in key plays missed to cost them  a ring and a chance at a ring. Amendola can do no worse.

:spit:   So only he is to blame for those loses & Giseelle says her Tommy can't throw the ball & catch it .

david-tyree-helmet-catch-super-bowl.jpg

IMO  if excuses for losses are gonna be the next big thing in Patty land lets us Colts fans help you out a lil after all according to Patriot fans were pretty good at it . :rock:

:spit:   So only he is to blame for those loses & Giseelle says her Tommy can't throw the ball & catch it .

david-tyree-helmet-catch-super-bowl.jpg

IMO  if excuses for losses are gonna be the next big thing in Patty land lets us Colts fans help you out a lil after all according to Patriot fans were pretty good at it . :rock:

Don't kid yourselves, Pats fans could never catch Colts fans in the excuse department.

And again, you are confusing excuses with reality. You cited all Welker's accomplishments and I cited some of his shortcomings. He led the team in drops last year and has lost speed. He has also come up small in big moments. Like I said, Amendola can do no worse. I could care less about 100 catches if you don't make THE catch. Would rather have 30 catches a year and make the catches to continue a playoff run...but that is just me. I know Colts fans equate regular season success and all those divisional titles with SBs but in NE we value rings above all else. Everything else is window dressing.

Don't kid yourselves, Pats fans could never catch Colts fans in the excuse department.

And again, you are confusing excuses with reality. You cited all Welker's accomplishments and I cited some of his shortcomings. He led the team in drops last year and has lost speed. He has also come up small in big moments. Like I said, Amendola can do no worse. I could care less about 100 catches if you don't make THE catch. Would rather have 30 catches a year and make the catches to continue a playoff run...but that is just me. I know Colts fans equate regular season success and all those divisional titles with SBs but in NE we value rings above all else. Everything else is window dressing.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/ne/new-england-patriots

As I looked at the stats Welker was your # 1 reciever by far in all catagories yet your words were he's easily replaceable I'll have to see this first IMO your completely wrong , We'll just have to wait & see ..

in NE we value rings above all else. Everything else is window dressing.  So regular season wins are no big deal if you have no ring ? I agree

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/ne/new-england-patriots

As I looked at the stats Welker was your # 1 reciever by far in all catagories yet your words were he's easily replaceable I'll have to see this first IMO your completely wrong , We'll just have to wait & see ..

in NE we value rings above all else. Everything else is window dressing.  So regular season wins are no big deal if you have no ring ? I agree

So your profile pic went from that scary clown to a skeleton of Homer Simpson? Still, you are scaring me. Can't you put something nice there like a bowl of cherries? :-)

When I say Welker is replaceable, I am talking about the slot position. That position is way more replaceable than the outside which the Pats still have not addressed well since Moss left. When Troy Brown retired all of NE was in a panic until Welker stepped in. I really believe Amendola will do fine and may be slightly better than Wes in terms of scoring TDs. We don't need 100+ receptions at the slot. That is a sign of a predictable O that can't get the ball downfield. That was never the plan last year until the injuries to the TEs happened. Gronk is still the biggest threat on O and Moss was before him. It was never Welker.

So your profile pic went from that scary clown to a skeleton of Homer Simpson? Still, you are scaring me. Can't you put something nice there like a bowl of cherries? :-)

I like clowns I have several . A blue Homer with a pea brain is my way of saying , I do the Blue - Yes I'm a Homer - & as a Homer my opinions can be slanted as such I will not claim to be a Einstien my pea brain is now tired .

Cherries ? Nah  MMmmm  Donuts ..  :woah:

I like clowns I have several . A blue Homer with a pea brain is my way of saying , I do the Blue - Yes I'm a Homer - & as a Homer my opinions can be slanted as such I will not claim to be a Einstien my pea brain is now tired .

Cherries ? Nah  MMmmm  Donuts ..  :woah:

The Homer brain even made my wife laugh....I said "What the heck is that?"  She said LOOK....I laughed out loud.  :)

lol. How much "big" news is exactly posted here? When I first joined this forum top thread was if Indy should resurrect a statue of Peyton and what the pose should be.

If your not aware yet , this is a Colt forum , so yes.. you will have some trivial Colt suff posted. It's a little different when someone post about a QB working out with a WR and then actually calling it "big news" and really believing it to boot. Your lol is approptiate as this is laughable.

And again, you are confusing excuses with reality. You cited all Welker's accomplishments and I cited some of his shortcomings. He led the team in drops last year and has lost speed. He has also come up small in big moments. Like I said, Amendola can do no worse. I could care less about 100 catches if you don't make THE catch. Would rather have 30 catches a year and make the catches to continue a playoff run...but that is just me. I know Colts fans equate regular season success and all those divisional titles with SBs but in NE we value rings above all else. Everything else is window dressing.

Soo since spygate you havent accomplished anything ?

If your not aware yet , this is a Colt forum , so yes.. you will have some trivial Colt suff posted. It's a little different when someone post about a QB working out with a WR and then actually calling it "big news" and really believing it to boot. Your lol is approptiate as this is laughable.

First, this is the general section of a colts forum . . .

Second, Peyton Manning played for the colts and now plays for Denver, and there are still fans of both on this board . . .

Third, Brady v. Manning, altho its a decade old, still has some muster in the national media, evident by the wish by some to have a Brady v. Manning AFCCG . . . there may be some that wish the two would fade away and allow others to shine in the AFC, but there are still big news and power struggle amonst their respective teams is still hot . . .

Fourth, given the balance of power in the AFC, the move of Welker from NE to Denver made headlights when it happen . . . altho the transfer may not be as big as Denion Sanders SF-Dallas, as Sanders was younger than Welker . . . but I would argue it bigger than the Ken Norten switch in that same year . . . Also, it is not too far off from the AV hop from NE to Indy and we know how that turned out in '06 (Div Game) and '07 (SB) . . .

Fifth, maybe more here in NE than the nation, but some are worried about a Denion Branch 2.0 with letting go a trusted WR for an unknown . . .

Sixth, given the above in item five, Amendola's perfomance will be under the miscoscope . . .

Seventh, to his credit, Manning has worked out with WR during the offseason, something that has been quoted by more than one of your colleagues on this board as a signficant contribution by him . . .

So given the above it is news, maybe not Peyton Manning to Denver news, but we have a perceived shift in balance in the AFC, a percieved unknown replacing a known quantity, and so this will be watched all season as to whether or not the Pats FO made the correct decision . . . and as such anything that has to do with this, one way or the other is news . . . and given that it deals with a big FA move, is not too much to say that some might think that it is big news that TB is starting to work with the new guy . . .

for me I do not think that the swing will be that bad or that Amendola contribution will be that far off from welkers . . . but given the medis hype over this and the upcoming season, anythig that haas to do with this is certain news . . . and for som "big" news . . .

I look forward to the day Brady retires leaving the Patriots more or less irrelevant, because then the Patriots fans will likely stop posting  about everything the Patriots do on a Colts boards. 

Who says the Patriots will be irrelevant when Brady retires? They'll still have Belichick and that is good enough already. This is the General section and we see things about the Broncos here all the time, and they are, the last time I checked, not the Colts either. The Patriot posters here are down to Earth and cool. Learn to play nice, it's just a kid's game.

Who says the Patriots will be irrelevant when Brady retires? They'll still have Belichick and that is good enough already. This is the General section and we see things about the Broncos here all the time, and they are, the last time I checked, not the Colts either. The Patriot posters here are down to Earth and cool. Learn to play nice, it's just a kid's game.

They most likely will. They'll not be the Jags or anything, but they wont be an AFC favourite like they are now. A coach alone wont do much, and their defense is mediocre. Unless they hit the QB jackpot, I don't see it.

Broncos have a QB named Peyton Manning. There's a huge difference. Imo there are too many "non-stories" about Patriots in the general section. I bet you don't see the same amount of posts about the Colts on their board.