Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Stretch 1st RD Pick.

I saw a mock on here where a member had us taking Hunt in the later rounds (I think we got him in the 5th or something).  But with the Combine and pro days and all that, Hunt's stock was gone way up.  I recently say a mock on NFL.com where he went in the first round.  He is currently listed as Mayock's #2 3-4 DE, so he will definitely go in the first 2 rounds

He's a 3-4 DE, IMO, and not worth a first rounder at all. It's annoying that he has shot up so much, his combine was exactly what was expected of him.

People always say he is a "monster", but in reality he isn't a very good player yet.

If he was younger, I would easily take him. But he's not, so no thanks.

Football age is more important. The guy's only been playing for about 3 years, which means he's got a lot less mileage than a 22 year old that's already been playing for 10. Besides, D-linemen can be effective well into their 30's. If he were a WR or RB that already has years of getting hundreds of touches, I'd agree with you.

He's a 3-4 DE, IMO, and not worth a first rounder at all. It's annoying that he has shot up so much, his combine was exactly what was expected of him.

People always say he is a "monster", but in reality he isn't a very good player yet.

I think the monster comments are generated more toward his physical and athletic gifts...   not his football playing ability....

At least,  that's how I've always perceived them....

I don't think there's any way he's a DE in the Colts' 3-4.  His build looks very similar to Kruger, but Hunt is quite a bit taller.  He could be a DE in the Texans' 3-4 because they play a 1-gap but in the Colts defense, the only time I could see him lining up at DE in a 3 man front is in very long yardage situations.

I'm sure he could still be a great addition to the defense.  On early downs they could put him at Rush or Sam LB and move him inside on passing downs.  The age factor still comes into play though.  

Wouldn't be any worse then Ansah busting out in my opinion if that happens, But I think Hunt falls to the 3rd but I'd feel safer taking him in at 24 then Ansah

With 100% certainty I can tell you that if the Colts had the chance to draft Ansah at 24 they would do it in a New York minute. Guaranteed. But they won't get that chance because he will be long gone by their pick.

Margus Hunt.

It's a big stretch I know, but the guy is a monster. Experience and good coaching could turn him into a pro bowler and possibly Paul Kruger 2.0

OR Tony Mandarich... stretch pick...in the 1st...for the colts..considering FA. Any CB not named Rhodes or Milner...

With 100% certainty I can tell you that if the Colts had the chance to draft Ansah at 24 they would do it in a New York minute. Guaranteed. But they won't get that chance because he will be long gone by their pick.

And I would gladly eat crow if he turned out be great from the start but realistically that wont happen, As to him being long gone by our pick, I hope beyond hope he is, Let some team draft him earlier that can maybe afford to take that kind of a chance, we cant afford to take a chance on a player just because he is an athletic freak, his production dont warrant the pick (yes I know he is not looked at as going early because of his production). We cant afford to take that chance regardless

This guy reminds me of JJ Watt. Whoever drafts him will get an impact player. I could care less that he is 26, since he just started playing. Look at the highlight reel. It's incredible.

Most highlight reels are