Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take this to the bank.

I looked at the top 30 WR's and only 2 make sense.

1) Maclin... Trading partner Eagles . Last Year of contract . Philly just signed anotherf WR. odds 1-2

2) Colston 8-1

Only Maclin really makes sense. Colston isn't really young.

Well, I have mixed feelings about this.  I wasn't loving the thought of giving up our 1st round pick for a Slot Receiver who can also play as a #2. If we're gonna give up a 1st round pick, we need to be confident he can replace Reggie as our #1, IMO.  Plus, we'd have to give him a nice contract on top of that... meh...

However, now I'm worried that the person we're pursuing isn't even as good as Cruz, which will be disappointing with all the hype that's gone on.  I'd have been okay trading a 4th round pick for a middle-tier receiver, but not after all those tweets and this near 200 post topic.  I'm also less confident anything is going to happen now.  

See I wouldn't mind Larry because I want him to go back in the playoffs at least ONCE before he hangs the cleats up. He really deserves a ring as well. Colston doesn't need another SB or Playoff appearance haha

haha! good one bro... 

not sure if colston cap numbers will work out based on the saints cap situation since that new contract last March. 

I'd much rather miss out on a bad deal, than to ridiculously over pay (cash or draft picks, i.e. Ricky Williams)

Luck's a very good quarterback, he can make others better. Let's wait on a better deal, (maybe next offseason), but a better deal more less...

Take this to the bank.

I looked at the top 30 WR's and only 2 make sense.

1) Maclin...  Trading partner Eagles . Last Year of contract . Philly just signed anotherf WR.  odds 1-2

2) Colston  8-1

Colston ties into Irsay's voodoo reference.

And the Saints some believe want another draft pick or two as well to help fix their craptastic defense. Some rumors tie them to Revis as well.

1. Jim Irsay said he "thanks the football Gods" everyday that the Colts were able to go from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck.

Expand
  2. "We like Vontae (Davis). We gave up a two for him. At some point we see us getting an extension for him," Irsay on the Colts CB.

Expand
  3. "I don't understand how he doesn't earn the rookie of the year," Jim Irsay said of Andrew Luck. "I don't get it."

Expand
  4. Irsay said priority no. 1 was "fix the special teams" and "we wanted to be more well balanced." He mentioned New England's balance.

Expand
  5. "Spending wise we got guys that fit the mold, and we were aggressive...it was a year we were willing to spend," Irsay said.

Expand
  6. Colts owner Jim Irsay said in free agency teams usually pay more than what they want, but "we literally got every guy we wanted."

Expand