Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

its offical/Ricky Jean Francois Signs Big Deal with Colts (confirmed)(merge)

Tyler Shaw

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didnt you state not too long ago that "Chapman wont be that good" in one of your "what the Colts need to do" writings? So is it a "must" or isnt it in your opinion? :dunno:

Didn't think the signing was a must.

Definitely didn't want to overpay for the guy and that's what the Colts did. Not exactly thrilled with this signing. 

Didnt you just say he might not help this team yesterday....WOW...

I didn't say that yesterday, but...

I have to say this.

I've been looking more into this signing, and I did a lot of studying on him. I think the potential in this signing outweighs the financial burden (if you will), and I'm starting to like it a bit more.

I didn't really like it at first, but looking at the small guarantee amount and the potential in this I'm liking it more. He's going to be a good fit here. 

I have to say this.

I've been looking more into this signing, and I did a lot of studying on him. I think the potential in this signing outweighs the financial burden (if you will), and I'm starting to like it a bit more.

I didn't really like it at first, but looking at the small guarantee amount and the potential in this I'm liking it more. He's going to be a good fit here.

Well it's better late than never Andy, better late then never ;)

Didnt you state not too long ago that "Chapman wont be that good" in one of your "what the Colts need to do" writings? So is it a "must" or isnt it in your opinion? :dunno:

I never said Chapman won't be that good.

I'm just wondering how his knee is.

Fair enough. I'll admit that the last few days of complaining on here has worn thin on me. Grigson just assembled a team of nobodies last yr. and they took us to the playoffs. He won Exec. of the yr.. in his rookie yr. of being a GM. One would think, that people should have more trust in him and give him the benefit of the doubt. He has addressed essentially every weak area we had in free agency, which is more than I ever expected. This offseason so far has been a huge success and we all should reserve judgement till these guys actually play a game together.

Speaking of which, what did you honestly expect would get addressed in free agency? I am with you, I had no idea we would fill so many holes and be set up for the draft as well as we are! It's exciting.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - personal shot

Now im calling you out. Dont act like you are innocent and didnt say it when clearly below it shows you did. Stop trying to jump on the bandwagon now...Cant stand people like you  

I have to say this.

But he's far from being a must.

Like I said, he won't hurt or help this team. Plus, I'm worried about his durability. He's never really started and isn't a 3 down player. 

People think Jean-Francois is a sure fire starter. He isn't. He's only started 5 games in his 4 year career, and even when he rotated in, he showed that he's clearly only a rotational guy. I would have trouble believing he would be playing 3 downs like Redding.

I just don't see the big deal about signing. Signing him wouldn't do anything to the D-line. It won't help or hurt it.

I concur. In your post "Colts biggest needs", you stated "Even if Chapman plays next year, HE ISNT EXPECTED TO BE THAT GREAT"..which I remember thinking is that your opinion? Who ever said he isnt expected to be that great from the Colts FO or coaches? 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - quoting removed post

Now im calling you out. Dont act like you are innocent and didnt say it when clearly below it shows you did. Stop trying to jump on the bandwagon now...Cant stand people like you  

Ouch that hurts.

I still stand by what I said yesterday. I'm not contradicting what I said. I said yesterday that he most likely won't help or hurt this team.

Now, I'm saying that he has the potential to help this team. Didn't change what I said about yesterday. My prediction stays the same. 

How am I jumping on the bandwagon? 

I concur. In your post "Colts biggest needs", you stated "Even if Chapman plays next year, HE ISNT EXPECTED TO BE THAT GREAT"..which I remember thinking is that your opinion? Who ever said he isnt expected to be that great from the Colts FO or coaches? 

That was my opinion on Chapman. I don't think he'll be that great. I'm not changing on that.

Being not that great doesn't mean your bad. If they're signing guys like RJF, maybe it means that they aren't 100% confident in Chapman.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - personal argument

I have to say this.

Just look at what you wrote and tell me you are not slowly jumping on the RJF bandwagon. Just own up man. lol

That was my opinion on Chapman. I don't think he'll be that great. I'm not changing on that.

Being not that great doesn't mean your bad. If they're signing guys like RJF, maybe it means that they aren't 100% confident in Chapman.

They signed RJF for DE not NT ?....what are you saying very confused ? RJF will not play NT in a 2gap scheme not big enough

Just look at what you wrote and tell me you are not slowly jumping on the RJF bandwagon. Just own up man. lol

I'm just saying that looking more into it (watched 3 hours of RJF tape since everyone bashed me) and I started liking him more.

That's when I said: I'm starting to think his potential outweighs the financial burden.

Do I like this signing a bit more now? Yes. Am I jumping on the bandwagon? Hell no. 

I'm still not too fond of the signing, and I'm a bit annoyed that you would call me a bandwagoner. 

They signed RJF for DE not NT ?....what are you saying very confused ? RJF will not play NT in a 2gap scheme not big enough

RJF has the ability to play all 3 spots on the line. That's a big reason why they signed him. He's big enough to play it. Ratliff played it  extremely well at 290.

Who knows how Chapman is doing? 

I'm just saying that looking more into it (watched 3 hours of RJF tape since everyone bashed me) and I started liking him more.

That's when I said: I'm starting to think his potential outweighs the financial burden.

Do I like this signing a bit more now? Yes. Am I jumping on the bandwagon? heck no. 

I'm still not too fond of the signing, and I'm a bit annoyed that you would call me a bandwagoner. 

Sorry you had it coming for statin that you didnt say something when you CLEARLY did. and maybe you should do your homework on guys before you get on here and start stating your opinion on him ? So as i see it, you like it a bit more because your better informed, and are tried of getting bashed. And doesnt SF play a 1 gap scheme, as does dallas  ?

RJF has the ability to play all 3 spots on the line. That's a big reason why they signed him. He's big enough to play it. Ratliff played it  extremely well at 290.

Who knows how Chapman is doing? 

Yep Dallas is a 1 gap scheme, so comparing the two is nonsense... non comparable...so is the 49ers. playing NT and DE in a 2 gap is different. You need to get better informed.

This thread has turned into "he said, she said"

Until proven otherwise, I'm very happy with what Mr. Grigson has done in signing these players and the way the money was spent. 

This thread has turned into "he said, she said"

Until proven otherwise, I'm very happy with what Mr. Grigson has done in signing these players and the way the money was spent. 

me 2 :D

Sorry you had it coming for statin that you didnt say something when you CLEARLY did. and maybe you should do your homework on guys before you get on here and start stating your opinion on him ? So as i see it, you like it a bit more because your better informed, and are tried of getting bashed. And doesnt SF play a 1 gap scheme, as does dallas  ?

I am informed. What I've been reading from experts is that he can play all 3 positions, including NT. Playing it well is a different story.

All of our FA'S are the blue collar work hard type. Our front office is one of the best in the business folks! I seen it with the draft & now in FA. Grgson is a REAL talent evaluator. All you complaining a bout Walden just wait. Two teams (former executives) wanted him that's why the price went up. Before Green Bay he was very raw but after joining the Packers he learned how to play football. Playing next to Mathews will do that to ya. All he needs is a chance to be a starter & now is his chance! After reading some clips from

Green Bay I was expecting a not so bright player who struggeled learning but I have to tell you I was impressed w/ his interview & he is just what we need a guy who is looking for his chance to be a star! 4 mil will be a steal just watch folks! In Grigson I trust

They must have them hidden in a closet somewhere, because they sure act like they know more than guy's that have been doing this stuff for yrs..

i just really love how before we sign a guy, most of the forum is begging grigs to sign him. then once grigs signs him they complain we over paid. like these guys were going to come here for free and no other team had any interest.

I have to say this.

Ouch that hurts.

I still stand by what I said yesterday. I'm not contradicting what I said. I said yesterday that he most likely won't help or hurt this team.

Now, I'm saying that he has the potential to help this team. Didn't change what I said about yesterday. My prediction stays the same. 

How am I jumping on the bandwagon? 

If he most likely won't help the team then how is he going to be a good fit?  Did we sign him for his peanut butter/jelly dance?  A morale signing?

And I don't think this signing has anything to do with Chapman.  Just look at the roster.  All of the 5-tech DE's are between 300-320 lbs.  The NT's are 320+.  RJF may be able to play NT but I would be more than willing to bet he'll only play that position in an emergency situation or possibly in a 4 man front when they're looking for a pass rush.

If he most likely won't help the team then how is he going to be a good fit?  Did we sign him for his peanut butter/jelly dance?  A morale signing?

And I don't think this signing has anything to do with Chapman.  Just look at the roster.  All of the 5-tech DE's are between 300-320 lbs.  The NT's are 320+.  RJF may be able to play NT but I would be more than willing to bet he'll only play that position in an emergency situation or possibly in a 4 man front when they're looking for a pass rush.

Maybe Chap won't fit...he is ONLY 316....4 cheeseburgers from 320....such and exact science  :spit:

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - personal
Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - personal

Did this ever happen? I have looked but cant find it

Never did. Sent him a PM to see if he would link to it there. The Montreal paper seems to be the big rag up there with professional writers and experts in their respective fields. I just can't fathom they have someone on staff who writes as elementary and frankly as poorly as he does. Does not pass the smell test to me.

But I hope to be proven wrong and will apologize if need be.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - personal
Hidden by Nadine, March 16, 2013 - personal

Never did. Sent him a PM to see if he would link to it there. The Montreal paper seems to be the big rag up there with professional writers and experts in their respective fields. I just can't fathom they have someone on staff who writes as elementary and frankly as poorly as he does. Does not pass the smell test to me.

But I hope to be proven wrong and will apologize if need be.

he isn't listed on their website

http://www.montrealgazette.com/columnists/index.html