Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

its offical/Ricky Jean Francois Signs Big Deal with Colts (confirmed)(merge)

Tyler Shaw

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They signed him to a 4 year 22 million dollar deal.

Too much if you ask me. The guy isn't a sure fire starter and wasn't super impressive in SF.

Thoughts?

How do you get, wasn't super impressive in SF??? I heard he was a huge part of that defense.

I don't think about 5 million a year is too much. I mean, Walden is making 4M a year. He was very good in SF.

Just because they overpaid for Walden means they have to overpay for RJF.

He wasn't very good in SF, he didn't even see the field that often. He was behind Justin Smith and Ray Mcdonald most of the time.

I don't hate the guy, I actually like him, but an average of 5.5M is too much. 

It's barely over 5 mil for crying out loud. This forum is getting comical with the feeding frenzy of whiny complaintents. One person says something bad and here come the sharks. This is a good signing and will help our D. I can't wait till next season when all these guys pan out and all the whiners are here acting like they knew it all along. Good grief!!!

How do you get, wasn't super impressive in SF??? I heard he was a huge part of that defense.

Ricky Jean Francois was a huge part of the 49ers defense? Patrick Willis and Aldon Smith are huge parts of that defense.

RJF is not. He was just a rotational guy for their D-line. Nothing super impressive.

I'm curious to see how much cap space the Colts have left. Probably in the mid to late teens now. 

Hopefully this is the last relatively big signing for the Colts. They need to save some money now. 

The money doled out to players will end up being directly proportional to the amount of playing time the coach and GM expect them to have. For all practical purposes, we could be replacing Moala in the line up. Moala is re-signed for just a 1 yr. deal and this locks up RJF for the future should we cut ties to Moala.

A lot of these contracts could mean several things:

Walden in, Angerer and Conner out next year???

RJF in, Moala out???

So, while we may sit here and think these signings reflect just the short term, they probably are thinking 2-3 years from now while doing these signings.

one definite positive is that he's played in all 16 games for the past 3 years.  the contract does seem a bit excessive but it all depends on how it's structured.

That is very true. Hopefully not too much is guaranteed, and gets incentives for good play.

If it's structured properly, then it's not a bad deal. 

i have liked all the signings i jsut question some of the terms of some contracts... 4 years for Walden and this contract seems a bit exccessive if you ask me since he wsnt really the starter in SF.

nevertheless this is another good sign. will help the D big time

The money doled out to players will end up being directly proportional to the amount of playing time the coach and GM expect them to have. For all practical purposes, we could be replacing Moala in the line up. Moala is re-signed for just a 1 yr. deal and this locks up RJF for the future should we cut ties to Moala.

RJF in, Moala out???

So, while we may think these signings reflect just the short term, they probably are thinking 2-3 years from now while doing these signings.

Huh?

Walden is an OLB.

Oh relax. Got your drift the first time. Dline & Linebackers matter most in this defense. And we are lacking talent at DE & DT. This was a very good pickup.

I'm not knocking the guy. I think he has the potential to help this defense out. Was it really worth giving a contract that puts in the top 8 for biggest on the team? I don't think so. 

We're not even sure if he's starting. 

RJF in, Moala out???

So, while we may think these signings reflect just the short term, they probably are thinking 2-3 years from now while doing these signings.

Interesting you should say that...I was actually wondering myself if perhaps they might try Walden out as an ILB since his biggest strength appears to be playing the run.  

Interesting you should say that...I was actually wondering myself if perhaps they might try Walden out as an ILB since his biggest strength appears to be playing the run.  

2 ILBs and 2 OLBs in a 3-4 and if Jerry Hughes shows us something, I can see Walden being moved inside.