Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Danny (I'm a New England Patriot Now) Amendola

corgi

I think he can be used well in their system. Plug and play.....play if he stays healthy. Will he be on the same page as Brady with all the option routes...we shall see. I think this is a minor downgrade....and I think over paid decision. I'm not sure Danny is a 5 yr contract kind of guy. The Rams need WR and had cap space and really didn't make a strong move on this guy. To me this makes perfect sense on paper.....kind of like how great the Brandon Lloyd was suppose to be the missing piece and light it up....but something tells me this isn't as simple as 1+1=2 and the Lloyd/Amendola isn't automatically going to lead to another year leading the league in offense.

Talib was a good pickup during the season last year...but honestly I haven't been wow'd by the Patriots personal moves recently. Moss was a coup...Corey Dillon was awesome....just not feeling these guys they been signing lately. We shall see....I just don't see them as upgrading.

Well BB makes ok players look great in the Patriots system.

Randy Moss, Matt Cassel and few others...

Welker could be also used as an example.

Amendola needs to stay healthy.

Did you seriously just call Randy Moss an "ok" player until he was in the Patriots system?

Trying watching him in purple in 1998 and you can see what that player really attained, which was greatness. Something we saw very little in his time in New England (perhaps we saw glimpses of it in 07 but all that did was lead them to trading him.)

I love this signing. Amendola was very good with the lousy Rams, better than Welker was with the Fins pre-Pats so the sky is the limit. Don't think he will ask him to catch anywhere near 100 balls not with Hernandez and Endelman out there. Pats just got younger at the slot while the Broncs got older.

I love this signing. Amendola was very good with the lousy Rams, better than Welker was with the Fins pre-Pats so the sky is the limit. Don't think he will ask him to catch anywhere near 100 balls not with Hernandez and Endelman out there. Pats just got younger at the slot while the Broncs got older.

Welker is younger than Stokley.

Welker is younger than Stokley.

But has taken way more hits. This was not a need at all for Broncos. They need D. Makes no sense. Pay Manning 40 mil guaranteed, ask Dumerville one of your best defenders to take a pay cut and then sign a 32 slot receiver for 6 mil when no other team thought he was worth more than the 5 the Pats were offering? Elway may be morphing into Polian - focus on Peyton and the O and obsess about everything the Pats do.

But has taken way more hits. This was not a need at all for Broncos. They need D. Makes no sense. Pay Manning 40 mil guaranteed, ask Dumerville one of your best defenders to take a pay cut and then sign a 32 slot receiver for 6 mil when no other team thought he was worth more than the 5 the Pats were offering? Elway may be morphing into Polian - focus on Peyton and the O and obsess about everything the Pats do.

Need or not. It was a good move. Instead of two good receivers, teams now have to worry about three. Dumerville has not lived up to the contract he signed after his '09 season. They only really need to fix the secondary. They've just signed DRC, and there is a ton of the off-season left to go.

Welker was pure robbery.

Need or not. It was a good move. Instead of two good receivers teams now have to worry about three. Dumerville has not lived up to the contract he signed after his '09 season. They only really need to fix the secondary. They've just signed DRC, and there is a ton of the off-season left to go.

Welker was pure robbery.

Lol. Robbery at 6mil a year when Pats were going to pay 5? Let me ask you, did you lose to Ravens because of O or D? Pats have two guys at slot right now that are younger than the Broncs have - Endleman and Amendola vs. Stokley and Welker. Again, not a need. You got Thomas and Decker on the outside. Not sure what Elway was thinking other than trying to take him from the Pats when the Pats never wanted him to begin with hence the signing of Amendola within hours of Wes leaving. If anyone got duped, it was the Broncos. I would imagine Bill is doing a little dance right now.

Albert Haynesworth. Chad Johnson.

Uh oh. Better put that logic away.

Also does anyone else think its funny that, if you say there is a "Patriots system" that makes players better/look better, Pats fans flip out. However, if they say there is a system not only is it cool but its complete reality?

Also does anyone else think its funny that, if you say there is a "Patriots system" that makes players better/look better, Pats fans flip out. However, if they say there is a system not only is it cool but its complete reality?

The year Haynesworth and Chad were signed the Pats were in the SB and a Welker drop (ug oh, better get used to that bronc fans) from the Lombardi. Where was your team? I mean even when the Pats swing and miss in FA which they do at times like every other team, they seem to always end up in the SB or conference title game. Funny, huh?

False. Pats fans 'flip out' when opposing fans try to say that Brady is only successful because of the Patriots system....nobody will ever argue that whatever that system is...(and oh yeah, the quarterback they got there is a big part of it)...seems to help the production of other teams' cast offs. Every team has a system...and players are drafted and signed for a specific purpose and with the belief that they will fit that system. The disagreements arise when people try to undermine or discredit the accomplishments of a player (especially a Hall of Fame quarterback) by trying to make the case that they are simply a product of it.

The year Haynesworth and Chad were signed the Pats were in the SB and a Welker drop (ug oh, better get used to that bronc fans) from the Lombardi. Where was your team? I mean even when the Pats swing and miss in FA which they do at times like every other team, they seem to always end up in the SB or conference title game. Funny, huh?

haha so defensive.

Where did I say your team wasn't good? I didn't.

I balked at the notion that all players go to the Pats and are magically better.

Albert and Ocho have .0000000000000002% of the credit on any Pats team success. So bringing up the teams accomplishments as their own makes no sense.

And please don't come back with "every individual player contributes to team success as a whole" because that's far from the truth with those two lol.

By the way, who was even talking about my team? Doesn't really fit any aspect of the conversation at hand.

haha so defensive.

Where did I say your team wasn't good? I didn't.

I balked at the notion that all players go to the Pats and are magically better.

Albert and Ocho have .0000000000000002% of the credit on any Pats team success. So bringing up the teams accomplishments as their own makes no sense.

And please don't come back with "every individual player contributes to team success as a whole" because that's far from the truth with those two lol.

By the way, who was even talking about my team? Doesn't really fit any aspect of the conversation at hand.

I think you are the one that sounds defensive? I mis-read your post, sorry for the misinterpretation. Still, I don't get your point? Pats swing and miss on FAs and draft choices like every other team. I have never been a "pats system" supporter. I do think they are an org that is solid from players 1-53 which gives every player they bring in the chance at being good to great. I also think they don't put up with the non-sense and diva attitude which other teams do which keeps their locker room in tact and allows guys to just focus on football. IMO, Brady is the one on O that makes the receivers better than what they probably are, I mean history says so when you look at what happened to Branch, Givens, Moss after they left him.

False. Pats fans 'flip out' when opposing fans try to say that Brady is only successful because of the Patriots system....nobody will ever argue that whatever that system is...(and oh yeah, the quarterback they got there is a big part of it)...seems to help the production of other teams' cast offs. Every team has a system...and players are drafted and signed for a specific purpose and with the belief that they will fit that system. The disagreements arise when people try to undermine or discredit the accomplishments of a player (especially a Hall of Fame quarterback) by trying to make the case that they are simply a product of it.

I mean it sounds like we're saying the same thing lol.

Angry/jealous other fans: Pats have a system, and that is why Brady is as good as he is.

Pats fans: there is a system, but it only makes other players, not Tom Brady, better.

Both sides say there is a system, but one gets upset if the insinuation is that system makes their QB better.

Welker drop? Love the way patriot fans let Brady off the hook for a horrible throw on what should have been an easy completion.

I think you are the one that sounds defensive? I mis-read your post, sorry for the misinterpretation. Still, I don't get your point? Pats swing and miss on FAs and draft choices like every other team. I have never been a "pats system" supporter. I do think they are an org that is solid from players 1-53 which gives every player they bring in the chance at being good to great. I also think they don't put up with the non-sense and diva attitude which other teams do which keeps their locker room in tact and allows guys to just focus on football. IMO, Brady is the one on O that makes the receivers better than what they probably are, I mean history says so when you look at what happened to Branch, Givens, Moss after they left him.

So you misread my post, responded defensively, then turn it on me when my first sentence was a laugh, indicating, not taking things too serious? Gotcha lol.

I've never said Tom doesn't improve these offensive players. I just think the idea that, magically, every Pat FA becomes a great player. Because like you said, Pats swing and miss just like everyone else.

That was my whole "point" with my initial post. Though it was more of just a comment than a debate.

So you misread my post, responded defensively, then turn it on me when my first sentence was a laugh, indicating, not taking things too serious? Gotcha lol.

I've never said Tom doesn't improve these offensive players. I just think the idea that, magically, every Pat FA becomes a great player. Because like you said, Pats swing and miss just like everyone else.

That was my whole "point" with my initial post. Though it was more of just a comment than a debate.

Who on earth says every Pats FA magically becomes a great player?

Welker drop? Love the way patriot fans let Brady off the hook for a horrible throw on what should have been an easy completion.

Let me ask you, was Manning's throw in the SB to the Saints DB his fault or Wayne? Did Wayne ever have one hand on the ball? Did Welker have both hands on Brady's pass without a defender or sideline in sight?

Who on earth says every Pats FA magically becomes a great player?

I would suggest scrolling up and finding out who I was actually referring to in the first place before jumping into the middle of things haha.

"Well BB makes ok players look great in the Patriots system."

Like it just happens so magically/easily lol.

Then I agreed with a post pointing out Ocho and Albert didn't flourish in the "BB system", and that was it.

Let me ask you, was Manning's throw in the SB to the Saints DB his fault or Wayne? Did Wayne ever have one hand on the ball? Did Welker have both hands on Brady's pass without a defender or sideline in sight?

So your response is to attack manning lol

So your response is to attack manning lol

No, just a simple analogy given both were SB plays. Even Welker said he makes the catch 100 out of 100 times.

BTW, was Welker's drop in the AFC champ this year brady's faul too? Hit him right between the numbers. Maybe it is his fault for not soft tossing it underhand.

No, just a simple analogy given both were SB plays. Even Welker said he makes the catch 100 out of 100 times.

BTW, was Welker's drop in the AFC champ this year brady's faul too? Hit him right between the numbers. Maybe it is his fault for not soft tossing it underhand.

More foolishness....well done

Here's the thing though.

You're acting like the typical sour grapes fan who is making it sound like the guy did nothing for you while he was here. It's like when Johnny Damon signed with the Yankees and Red Sox fans were all like 'oh get used to that sally arm playing centerfield, the guy cant throw'....as if to somehow say he had no part in what success was built here and now hes YOUR problem. That's just so disingenuous.

The guy was a stud here...and he's going to be very successful in Denver and will play a huge part in the success of that offense. There's no harm in being angry that he's gone and there's no harm in being a little worried about how much he will help a rival. But at the same time, we can be excited at the potential of the guy who we picked to replace him. He's had injury trouble the last few years, but if he can stay healthy I think there's a great chance that he can fit this role well and make the transition a little easier. 

Objectivity goes a long way and it allows people to take you a little more seriously if it doesnt sound like you are posting from inside the Patriots locker room.

Here's the thing though.

You're acting like the typical sour grapes fan who is making it sound like the guy did nothing for you while he was here. It's like when Johnny Damon signed with the Yankees and Red Sox fans were all like 'oh get used to that sally arm playing centerfield, the guy cant throw'....as if to somehow say he had no part in what success was built here and now hes YOUR problem. That's just so disingenuous.

The guy was a stud here...and he's going to be very successful in Denver and will play a huge part in the success of that offense. There's no harm in being angry that he's gone and there's no harm in being a little worried about how much he will help a rival. But at the same time, we can be excited at the potential of the guy who we picked to replace him. He's had injury trouble the last few years, but if he can stay healthy I think there's a great chance that he can fit this role well and make the transition a little easier. 

Objectivity goes a long way and it allows people to take you a little more seriously if it doesnt sound like you are posting from inside the Patriots locker room.

Love your logo man. Miss Pat Patriot big time. But what if I don't agree with you? Is that not allowed? I think Welker WAS a stud while he was here but it was clear from last year that the Pats were looking at phasing him out. His drops have increased a lot the last two seasons and he has lost speed. I happen to think 6mil is too much for a slot guy who is 32 and has taken a bazillion hits. Not sure if you have read any of my previous posts but I have been saying all along that I want the Pats to take all of Brady's money and spend on D. The offense was ranked #1, I mean we don't need help there. I like the Amendola signing because we got younger at slot with both him AND Endelman. But honestly, I would rather have seen then not "replace" Welker and go get a legit guy on the outside. That being said, Amendola gives them more of a vertical threat which is much needed.