Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RJF Leaves philly without a contract

Not really sure I get all the love for Francois, sure he came from a winning team but he does not exactly do anything exceptionally well, he is late off the snap of the ball quite a bit(does not anticipate the snap well but flashes a quick first step and ability to use his speed to get by interior O Linemen), he is versatile yes but he has trouble getting off blocks and I dont think will ever be someone that will require much double teaming.

Not really sure I get all the love for Francois, sure he came from a winning team but he does not exactly do anything exceptionally well, he is late off the snap of the ball quite a bit(does not anticipate the snap well but flashes a quick first step and ability to use his speed to get by interior O Linemen), he is versatile yes but he has trouble getting off blocks and I dont think will ever be someone that will require much double teaming.

Do you like anybody?

Don't know if he does my friend but I do in the draft ,Jesse WIlliams  from Bama is a beast

I know people were expecting bigger name signings but geez, I haven't seen so may little whiny girls on this forum ever. Makes me wish they would just go follow the Bronco's since so many are in love with what they have done. 

L ook point blank they are being smart,cant just blow the whole pot on one or 2 players

Thats what I'm saying and for crying out loud, why can't people wait till were well into the free agency period. Still a lot of good players out there. I would rather have 10-12 good players than 3-4 "star" players. 

Thats what I'm saying and for crying out loud, why can't people wait till were well into the free agency period. Still a lot of good players out there. I would rather have 10-12 good players than 3-4 "star" players. 

I really think that's the jest,they want wide based improvement,and it frees them to be more aggressive in the draft

Truth.

Because its all about right here right now, they want that instant satisfaction of a big name, versus the diamonds in the rough (Freeman, TY, Ballard)

I would rather build greatness, then buy talent. 

Is he good? Haven't kept up with him much. From your guys' posts it looks likes he's jj watt

No, he's not JJ Watt, but who else is besides Watt himself. Nonetheless, he's a very solid player that would help our D-line tremendously. Don't tell Gavin that though, because he hates everybody the Colts have signed thus far.

Because its all about right here right now, they want that instant satisfaction of a big name, versus the diamonds in the rough (Freeman, TY, Ballard)

I would rather build greatness, then buy talent. 

Just used my last like, but I agree completely.

It's one of those times when you can't see the big picture because you are too close but when you back away you see it.  When all is said and done, we are going to have good depth at every position on the field and every player will be a "fit" in Pagano's system.  There will be a mix of veterans and youth but hardly anyone over 30.  We will be extremely balanced, not top heavy like we used to be.

If there's one position I feel needs to be upgraded at this point besides RG, it would have to be DE. Redding is old and average, Moala is coming off a serious injury and average to begin with, and I'm not a fan of Mathews. I liked what I saw from Nevis/Guy, but I don't think they see them as starter material. Francois would make me feel a little better although I really wanted to see Desmond Bryant or Mike Devito come here.