Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts have officially cut ties with Avery and Justice....

NewColtsFan

Both Avery and Justice played key roles for us in a great year that started off with a lot of uncertainty.  So THANKS fellas!  But the bottom line was the team simply needed to upgrade both positions.

So we still have cap space left, does this mean we plan on bringing in another receiver? DHB is basically a bigger, faster version of Avery.

From Roto

Widely panned as a stretch when the Raiders took him seventh overall in the 2009 draft, Heyward-Bey proved the pundits right. Showing stones for hands and an inability to run anything besides a vertical route, he recorded a grand total of 11 touchdowns and averaged 37.8 yards per game in four seasons. The Raiders save $5.341 million by cutting him now, one year before his rookie deal was due to expire. They can comfortably move forward with Denarius Moore, Rod Streater, Juron Criner, and Jacoby Ford. Heyward-Bey will get a second chance thanks to his raw skills, but he's unlikely to ever emerge as a difference-maker.

Dudes been a bust since entering the league. He's another Avery.

From Roto

Widely panned as a stretch when the Raiders took him seventh overall in the 2009 draft, Heyward-Bey proved the pundits right. Showing stones for hands and an inability to run anything besides a vertical route, he recorded a grand total of 11 touchdowns and averaged 37.8 yards per game in four seasons. The Raiders save $5.341 million by cutting him now, one year before his rookie deal was due to expire. They can comfortably move forward with Denarius Moore, Rod Streater, Juron Criner, and Jacoby Ford. Heyward-Bey will get a second chance thanks to his raw skills, but he's unlikely to ever emerge as a difference-maker.

Dudes been a bust since entering the league. He's another Avery.

To be fair, he never should have been taken that high to begin with.

He wasn't offered $10 Mill recently.    He was offered that a while ago.    Likely before the season started.

That offer is not on the table today.

I interpreted that as being sometime earlier in the day. I guess that makes sense now.

he might be our second best receiver, but he's a slot receiver. we need a wide out.

If you're playing two wideouts at a time,  one is on the line of scrimmage,  the other, the flanker is back off a yard or two.

One is Wayne.    The other is Hilton.    Hilton replaces Avery.   

Not sure what I'm missing here....??

If you're playing two wideouts at a time,  one is on the line of scrimmage,  the other, the flanker is back off a yard or two.

One is Wayne.    The other is Hilton.    Hilton replaces Avery.   

Not sure what I'm missing here....??

bro, last year we would literally have 4 receivers on the field at a time. we wont run the 2 wide out set every play. and when we run the 3 reciever set, wayne will play out, hilton the slot, and ________ as the other wide out.

bro, last year we would literally have 4 receivers on the field at a time. we wont run the 2 wide out set every play. and when we run the 3 reciever set, wayne will play out, hilton the slot, and ________ as the other wide out.

Fine....   but ___________ is the 3rd WR and not the 2nd.   That guy could be Brazil, or it could be Palmer, or it could be Adams, or it could be Kelly.    I suspect there is someone else (or two) on the roster,  this is off the top of my head.

And,  we can still sign someone in FA if we find the right guy, and we can still draft another WR.   The off-season literally started today.   Lots of time to figure the rest out....

Bro. That was last year with a different OC who called pass plays like 99% of the time.

We have a different OC now that will reduce the 4 WR sets we're so used to seeing. Point is, TY will be lined up out wide more often now.

Fine....   but ___________ is the 3rd WR and not the 2nd.   That guy could be Brazil, or it could be Palmer, or it could be Adams, or it could be Kelly.    I suspect there is someone else (or two) on the roster,  this is off the top of my head.

And,  we can still sign someone in FA if we find the right guy, and we can still draft another WR.   The off-season literally started today.   Lots of time to figure the rest out....

fair enough

Bro. That was last year with a different OC who called pass plays like 99% of the time.

We have a different OC now that will reduce the 4 WR sets we're so used to seeing. Point is, TY will be lined up out wide more often now.

i think we should have TY as a "wide out" in 2 receiver sets, and have him at slot in 3 receiver sets.