Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anthony Spencer officially off the market (merge)

GoColtsGo5150

Maybe some upsetting news for Colts fans looking to sign Spencer. As per Adam Schefter's twitter, Anthony Spencer has been franchise-tagged by Dallas for the second straight year.

post-5523-0-24541300-1362425532_thumb.pn

How do you see Free Agency playing out next week?

Kruger is the next hot guy..

Connor Barwin was just on the NFL channel saying he would like to play with the Colts (he also said he likes the Pats). And that he'd take less money to play with a winner.

Orly.jpg

I'd take Barwin at a reasonable rate, for sure.

I'm not sure he was ever really an option to begin with. I know we've all talked about him, but in reality, I doubt he was even on the Colts radar. IMO if they think they can get Kruger at a reasonable price, he makes way more sense and is probably a guy Grigson and Pagano have talked about.

I'm not sure he was ever really an option to begin with. I know we've all talked about him, but in reality, I doubt he was even on the Colts radar. IMO if they think they can get Kruger at a reasonable price, he makes way more sense and is probably a guy Grigson and Pagano have talked about.

Yeah, Pagano probably brought Kruger up. Next Tuesday definitely needs to hurry up

Yeah, Pagano probably brought Kruger up. Next Tuesday definitely needs to hurry up

You ain't kidding! I can't wait till we get this free agency thing going. It's been forever and a day since the last time the Colts were serious players in free agency considering Polian chose to ignore it for the most part.

You ain't kidding! I can't wait till we get this free agency thing going. It's been forever and a day since the last time the Colts were serious players in free agency considering Polian chose to ignore it for the most part.

Exactly. $46 million sounds pretty good to me. Grigson had a good off-season last year, can't wait to see what he does this year

If you guys want a good laugh I recommend going to the Cowboys forum. Some of them actually think and hope we would give up a 1st or 2nd rounder for Spencer. Yes, a 29 old OLB. Are you kidding? Some Cowboys fans are as delusional as their owner apparently.

I honestly don't really understand the signing, but w/e.

He was arguably their best defensive player last year? He missed two games, still got 11 sacks, plays the run well and helped give the cowboys some rush presence when Ware wasn't 100% (Which seemed to be most of the season). Why not resign the OLB who pairs well with Ware? It's not like he didn't earn the tag with bad play.

He will have to play DE, and he only weights 250 or so....    Too small for End and too big to play OLB.

This just does not make a lot of sense.

He was arguably their best defensive player last year? He missed two games, still got 11 sacks, plays the run well and helped give the cowboys some rush presence when Ware wasn't 100% (Which seemed to be most of the season). Why not resign the OLB who pairs well with Ware? It's not like he didn't earn the tag with bad play.

He will have to play DE, and he only weights 250 or so....    Too small for End and too big to play OLB.

This just does not make a lot of sense.

I hadn't considered their scheme change. I was thinking more about their cap situation. But I think Spencer can play 4-3 end just fine. He's very good against the run, and he has good pass rush moves.

In all, it seems they'd rather keep him than let him walk for nothing.

overPAY overPay overPay overPay :stats:

overPAY overPay overPay overPay 

Please Griggs tell, them AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN you don`t want to OVERPAY.

Tell them you and Your Team really think about this stuff for endless hours everyday, and

to please have some Faith that you are Intelligent and Wise, and not to worry their little minds about

how to evaluate the financial side of how to build a Roster.
For it is deep and Light Years beyond a Couch QB`s knowledge base.

overPAY overPay overPay overPay :stats:

Please Griggs tell, them AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN you don`t want to OVERPAY.

Tell them you and Your Team really think about this stuff for endless hours everyday, and

to please have some Faith that you are Intelligent and Wise, and not to worry their little minds about

how to evaluate the financial side of how to build a Roster.

For it is deep and Light Years beyond a Couch QB`s knowledge base.

Ironic post is ironic.

Did you get a bad batch of meth?

Kruger isn't even an every down linebacker, Courtney upshaw took over the starting duties in the playoffs. Kruger had 15 tackles in 2011 granted he had a good 2012 season. Barwin on the other hand is an every down linebacker, he played the 2nd most snaps of a OLB over the last two years and when you play that many more snaps than people your numbers get skewd, Kruger had 806 snaps to Barwins 1020 this year, and lord knows how many snaps Kruger got in 2011.

"Although Barwin’s per-play performance was undoubtedly sub-par, his total production can’t be denied. His 2,006 defensive snaps over the last two seasons are the second-most for any 3-4 linebacker. He’s accounted for 16.8 percent of Houston’s quarterback pressures in that time, and his 55 defensive stops are tied for third behind Watt and Cushing. He also has a whopping 13 batted passes, three more than any other linebacker in the league. The fact that he converted 22.2 percent of his pressure into sacks in 2011 makes sense when you see that he’s missed only four of his 75 tackle attempts in the last two seasons."

and I have to sit and watch every texans game every year, he was getting pressure just Watt was beating him to the punch. Barwin is the better all around OLB over Kruger, when Upshaw starts over you in the playoffs there is something to be said there. If Im going to spend money on an OLB I want an every down OLB and not a situational pass rusher. and Barwin never missed a game

Kruger isn't even an every down linebacker, Courtney upshaw took over the starting duties in the playoffs. Kruger had 15 tackles in 2011 granted he had a good 2012 season. Barwin on the other hand is an every down linebacker, he played the 2nd most snaps of a OLB over the last two years and when you play that many more snaps than people your numbers get skewd, Kruger had 806 snaps to Barwins 1020 this year, and lord knows how many snaps Kruger got in 2011.

"Although Barwin’s per-play performance was undoubtedly sub-par, his total production can’t be denied. His 2,006 defensive snaps over the last two seasons are the second-most for any 3-4 linebacker. He’s accounted for 16.8 percent of Houston’s quarterback pressures in that time, and his 55 defensive stops are tied for third behind Watt and Cushing. He also has a whopping 13 batted passes, three more than any other linebacker in the league. The fact that he converted 22.2 percent of his pressure into sacks in 2011 makes sense when you see that he’s missed only four of his 75 tackle attempts in the last two seasons."

and I have to sit and watch every texans game every year, he was getting pressure just Watt was beating him to the punch. Barwin is the better all around OLB over Kruger, when Upshaw starts over you in the playoffs there is something to be said there. If Im going to spend money on an OLB I want an every down OLB and not a situational pass rusher. and Barwin never missed a game

All fair points I suppose, but I have never been impressed that much with Barwin. I would take him at a very cheap contract, but I would rather have Kruger. Kruger was a rotational player because Balt. is loaded with defensive talent. If he was a every down LBer his production would probably blow Barwins away. Hard to know for sure though since Kruger hasn't been an every down guy.